Robber's lament: When it rains it pours

bornthrilla

Proud ***** of JSU
I thought God was supposed to look out for the poor, dumb, and unfortunate. Wasn't there a biblical verse about the "scrubs inheriting the earth" or something? :confused:

Well it looks like the man upstairs has finally turned his back on one sad and extremely incompetent fantasy football owner.

Just two weeks after earning one of the lowest scores in league history, our friend Robber was hit with another terrible blow yesterday when his star running back, Terrell Davis, went down with a knee injury. Dude was the only real scoring threat Robber had on his whole pathetic lineup and he will now be out for at least a month. That means Robber will be forced to use his superior managerial abilities to make do. *snicker*

If you remember correctly, this was the same scrub owner who had a clear-cut path to the league championship last year until his team did a Greg Louganis impression and made a beautiful swan dive into fourth place. I think he finished the final month 0-4 or something.

Now with Davis out I seriously wonder if Robber will be able to win a single game this year. Too bad JST or Get Ready are not playing.

Why hast thou forsaken me?!?!?!?!?!?!

thrilla,

Bloodied but unbowed, the Express will roll on. I had my bad week last week. This week, we are rolling. The offense will be fine. The defense will produce. And the Express will win!!!!

Guess Stephen Davis will go down next. That might not be a bad thing, though.:(

The Curse of the Express RB????

Man, I've been thumbing through my pocket bible and I think I might have found a parable you can relate to.

The dude's name was "Job" and it seems he once started Terrell Davis on his fantasy league team too. I'm just skimming through some of the chapters here, but it seems to have alot to do with "hardship", "misery" and "loss".

Go figure.

I remember reading about Job growing up. But he only lost his entire family (wife, kids, etc...), his entire livestock and all his friends. :( He didn't have to endure the loss of Terrell Davis and Jamaal Lewis before the 2nd game is even played. :(

I'm stronger than Job. He woulda cursed God after losing Jamaal Lewis.:D

rob,
I really hate to kick you when you're down, but
I'm bout to kick yo arse!!!!

It's gon hurt you worse than it hurt me!
:emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Originally posted by mighty hornet
rob,
I really hate to kick you when you're down, but
I'm bout to kick yo arse!!!!

It's gon hurt you worse than it hurt me!
:emlaugh: :emlaugh:

You know I've always wondered. When is a better time to kick a man than when he's down???

But mighty hornet, we kick back. How are you gonna feel when you lose to a gimp???

Dayum yall love kicking a man when he's down! :emlaugh: :emlaugh:
MH...
Save a piece of that arse for me. :D

Robber, I hope Stephen Davis isn't your runner. The Redskins have one the worst interior lines in the NFL, if not the whole league. So I doubt, if he'll put up any points for you this week.

If he was an outside runner you'd have a chance with him, but he's not. But if it's of some consequence, the lord eventually shined on Job, so there's hope.

NICE

Robber, I think you're right. You do have it tougher than Job.

Right now your available running backs are Stephen Davis, James Jackson (who?) and Terry Allen from Baltimore who already lost his starting job two weeks ago. At receiver you have Torry Holt, Jerry Rice (has been), Eric Moulds (overrated), and Marcus Robinson who is coming off an injury.

Be honest dude-- did you let your wife pick this lineup for you? Is this some new type of sharing technique she read in Cosmo? You know- like "a couple that plays fantasy football together stays together"?

If you score more than 40 points this week it will be a miracle.

<bgsound src="http://home.att.net/~pooooooffff/allhurt.wav" loop="1">

Back