Rivals match Southwest's sub-$100 sale fares - June 2013

Olde Hornet

Get your tickets now!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/today...-match-southwests-sub-100-sale-fares/2415041/

Rivals appear to be selectively matching Southwest's latest fare sale, which includes fares as low as $97 round trip on routes of 500 miles or less.

Southwest rolled out the sale yesterday, offering distance-based sale prices — which also are offered on subsidiary AirTran. They break down as follows:

$49 each way (500 miles or less)
$99 each way (501 to 1,250 miles)
$129 each way (1,251 to 1,750 miles)
$149 each way (More than 1,750 miles)

A Wednesday morning spot-check of fares shows Southwest's traditional airline rivals matching on many routes, such as Detroit-Baltimore ($98 round trip on Delta), Dallas-Houston ($97 on United) and Los Angeles-San Francisco ($98 on Delta, United and Virgin America).

Still, the matching efforts appear to be selective. Between Chicago and St. Louis, for example, Southwest's $98 round trip sale fare is well below the next-cheapest fares ($204 on American and United) found during our spot check.

Have to get my 2 flights to Arizona this year for the Cardinals game. Although, I will get one of my flights for 80 bucks. :lmao:

Back