REST IN PEACE MR. CARNELL KNIGHTEN (SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY HUMAN JUKEBOX)

deionnavar

I saddens me to inform the HBCU and HBCU Band Community that Mr. Knighten passed away today. As of right now all we know is that he collapsed. Please keep his family and the Jaguar Nation in your prayers.

OMG!!! This is some shocking news. RIP Mr. Knighten. Prayers up for his family and the SU/Jukebox family.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
So sorry to hear this. My prayers are with Mr. Knighten's friends, family, SU and Jukebox family.

RIP to my Frat brother. One of the charter members of Kappa Kappa Psi- Zeta Nu Chapter. I am in disbelief right now.

Didn't know. RIP, Frat. :(

Yep. I still remember having to go over to Southern U High School when he was the band director to get his signature on my pledge board we carried. Great musician and very technical with his arrangements. Mr. Jackson the current band director at SU is his line brother. That ZN charter line was no joke. Most of them went into teaching music/band. Mr. Knighten has touched a lot of lives. Just a sad day. My prayers goes out to his family. His contributions to the Jukebox and music program at Southern will not go forgotten.

Yep. I still remember having to go over to Southern U High School when he was the band director to get his signature on my pledge board we carried. Great musician and very technical with his arrangements. Mr. Jackson the current band director at SU is his line brother. That ZN charter line was no joke. Most of them went into teaching music/band. Mr. Knighten has touched a lot of lives. Just a sad day. My prayers goes out to his family. His contributions to the Jukebox and music program at Southern will not go forgotten.

Wow. :tup: I'm sure his legacy will continue to live on.

Sad News

Just got word that Carnell Knighten passed away today....I am sure others will follow with more details. Another sad day....

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Re: Sad News

Just got word that Carnell Knighten passed away today....I am sure others will follow with more details. Another sad day....

A thread is already been created S PHI S. Sad news indeed. So far I am hearing he collapsed from a heart attack. Mods may want to merge.

I can remember the first time they sent the parents away and they closed the door...he pops up and we realize reality sets in when he speaks..lol

Bus 3 was enjoyable with him on it..

Oh sorry....on the forum on my phone and forgot to check the stickies (they have their own tab on tapatalk.....will merge them when i get back to the computer.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
RIP Mr. Knighten

SU mourns passing of Carnell Knighten
BATON ROUGE - A spokesperson for Southern University said longtime assistant band director Carnell Knighten died today after falling ill at the school campus.

He was 60 years old.

University spokesperson Ed Pratt said Knighten became ill this afternoon and was rushed to a local hospital, where he died.

Knighten was the director of technology and director of the woodwind symphony in Department of Music, as well as a celebrated arranger and composer for Southern's "Human Jukebox" marching band.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/su-mourns-passing-of-carnell-knighten/

From hearing Su's band members speak on his abilities one can't help but to be impressed. He left a great legacy. May he R.I.P.

[video=youtube;6gefxU1WCGw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6gefxU1WCGw[/video]

Last edited:
Wow!!! I'm shocked! R.I.P Mr. Knighten. My condolences and prayers to his family, the Jaguar Nation, and to the Human Jukebox.

RIP Mr. Carnell Knighten, when I watched him direct the band I always said to myself that this guy was one SU best kept secrets. Very detailed and technical with his arrangements!! RIP to a legend AEA!!

My prayers go out to the Knighten family , Human Jukebox family, and SCSU marching 101 family..this is very sad news..may he rest in peace... AEA

He was my band director and Music Teacher at SU Lab when I was there. RIP Mr. K.

Back