RESET in 2017: March

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
Hello everyone. I pray all has been well with you and that you’re enjoying the month of March!

I certainly thank God for keeping me up this point, and am excited to the majestic power and might of Him through His creation, as we transition into refreshment, rebirth, regrowth, and replenishment (Spring).

Earlier I shared with the readers my acronym for “RESET” this year, with the purpose of the Body of Christ getting back to the basics of the Gospel. Going forward, I’d like to look at one of those points and talk about an aspect of the first E (“Empower yourself with the Word of God”). I’ll just cut the chase and get straight to the point in the “RESET in 2017” for March and talk about the Word of God: the Holy Bible.

Stay tuned.

The Holy Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth​

The Holy Bible is the living, eternal word of God. It is the mind of God in print. It is His definition, explanation, declaration, and demonstration of His love for us through redemption (possible through the blood of Jesus Christ), and those things that contribute to it and those things that keep us from it. God shared the account of His actions in the Holy Bible, along with His purpose for all things in it. The Word of God, the Holy Bible, was given to us by Him for the purpose of Salvation!*

Contrary to popular belief, the Holy Bible was not written by man. The mind of God, the Holy Bible, was produced by Him, inspired by Him, spoken by Him(1). God gave His guidance to man in their task of writing/translating Scripture. Man simply could not write the Holy Bible because it includes prophecy, which is not made by an act of human will; only through the move of the Holy Spirit could man write was/is spoken by God(2). The Holy Bible speaks of those things which condemn man to eternal separation from God, and what man would/could write a book about his ugly, nasty, filthy indiscretions, therefore condemning himself?

It’s not a coincidence that the Holy Bible is the most-published, most-selling book in the world. Those who have burned it, or tried have it banned, or outlawed are dead and gone, and yet the Word of God still stands! For centuries it has survived every attack, every opposition, and every persecution, and yet it STILL stands and is as strong today as ever!(3) Technology has even allowed the world to have electronical access to it! Those who cannot see to read can hear it on audio, as well as read it in Braille. It is the only book that has been translated in over 500 languages! But people have the nerve to say that God’s Word is irrelevant and not needed? Yeah, ok.

I want to remind you, brothers and sisters, to know and empower yourself with God’s word. Study it carefully, and believe it whole-heartedly. Hold fast to it to keep from drifting from it. Cling to it to prevent from shifting from the truth. When we follow God’s guidebook, we come through life with the assurance no matter what we face, God and His word is adequate for it and it is accurate in who He says He is and who you are in Him. Anyone who chooses not to believe is responsible to given an account to God for rejecting His holy, everlasting word.ǂ God’s word is straight-forward, quick, sharp, and powerful(4). We as Christians/Believers do not apply His word to our lives, but rather align our lives to His word. Read it. Study it. Meditate on it. Live it. Grow in it. Walk in it. Obey it. Stand on it. Share it. And be blessed(5).

The Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always!

References:
*Wednesday Night Bible Study, November 16, 2016, W.L. Robinson, Pastor
ǂ “In Touch”-Dr. Charles Stanley

Scriptural References
1 “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness”-II Timothy 3: 16 (KJV)
2 Dr. John Bechtle
3 “The grass withereth, the flower fadeth, but the word of God shall stand forever”-Isaiah 40:8; “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away”-Matthew 24: 35 (KJV)
4 “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow…”-Hebrews 4: 12 (KJV)
5 “Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein; for the time is at hand”- Revelations 1: 3 (KJV)

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back