Republicans are In Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't have total control. The Democrats will get the undecideds and that 1 independant is going to vote with the Democrats. But I guess Bush will have his way now. We're gonna go blow up half the world and no one will care about anything else.

With them controlling the senate, house, and the executive branch, they can set the agenda. They will soon have control of the federal courts. (Look for Owen and Pickering to get nominated once more and then get confirmed.) Bush has a stronger hand to do what he wants. And he likes to have his own way.

So they cannot blame Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Tom Daschl, Pat Leahy or Al Gore. When something goes wrong, the republicans will have to be responsible and look themselves in the eye (the economy, Iraq, North Korea, Al Qaida, the environment, etc.). Whether Bush can take the blame for anything will be something to see.

EB,
I think you are missing the point. After everything is fugged up...and we are already on the way...they will not care; they will not look themselves in the face.

All these guys care about is how they can get their hands on more money, more power, and more oil.

They have Toy Soldiers (military) to play games with and a fugg you attitude to go with it.

To me, that spells for us black folks that we need to relax our butt cheeks...cause we bout to get fugged!!

:bawling:

On the other hand...

this may be just what the Democratic party needed...A Shakeup!!!

I am a democrat, but I don't always agree with their policies. I am NOT pro-Republican either. My thing is this, the Demo's have been takin' A-A's and other minorities for granted for too long. I've bout had enough of assuming that they have our interests at heart.

Can anyone even tell me what a Demo has done for us (as a whole) lately? Please don't come with the economy crap because those folks clockin' the $$ will loosen their purse strings when the Demo's are in control and tighten them when the Rep's are in control.

All this situation will do is make the Demo's search DEEP into their philosophies and try to analyze why the voting shifted the way it did. I bet they will sit up and listen to issues, NOW!

*Knowing them though, they'll blame the Rep's and not take any blame for allowing things to erode to this level!* :rolleyes:

K, I do not think that they will look themselves in the face either. I am saying that they need to do so. Also, Bush will get very aggressive to pass his agenda in Congress. He comes across as a person who feels that he should anything that he wants. So I do not think that he nor the Congressional leaders will look themselves in the eye.

This should be a wakeup call to the democrats. I think that Paul Begala and James Carville had it right last night. The democrats need to quit being accomdating to Bush. They need to act like an opposition party.

Originally posted by Kappalicious

To me, that spells for us black folks that we need to relax our butt cheeks...cause we bout to get fugged!!

:bawling:

about to get fugged, whatever, we've been getting fugged up the wazzoo for quite some time now....y'all better recognize.

Black folks need to get off their sorry asses and start going to the polls and voting. We are still not getting a good turn out from us. I'm still hearing all these excuses as to why peeps couldn't get to the polls. And I promise you, they'll be the main ones complaining.

SAD, SADDER, and SADDEST:(

They are not going to start going to the polls unless some isht like, welfare is taken away, SS checks, and other benefits that will dissapear totally! Folks are not looking at the long term affect, by them not voting.

Re: On the other hand...

Originally posted by Jaguar Diehard
this may be just what the Democratic party needed...A Shakeup!!!

I am a democrat, but I don't always agree with their policies. I am NOT pro-Republican either. My thing is this, the Demo's have been takin' A-A's and other minorities for granted for too long. I've bout had enough of assuming that they have our interests at heart.

Can anyone even tell me what a Demo has done for us (as a whole) lately? Please don't come with the economy crap because those folks clockin' the $$ will loosen their purse strings when the Demo's are in control and tighten them when the Rep's are in control.

All this situation will do is make the Demo's search DEEP into their philosophies and try to analyze why the voting shifted the way it did. I bet they will sit up and listen to issues, NOW!

*Knowing them though, they'll blame the Rep's and not take any blame for allowing things to erode to this level!* :rolleyes:

I'm neither a Democrat nor a Republican, and I agree with you 100%. The Democratic Party has taken all minorities for granted; this killed them in Texas, where many Hispanics voted Republican. The problem with the Demos is that they are too centrist. There is a massive void in the Left of the American political spectrum, and few people have tried to fill it. The Demos have run away from it, esp. during the eight years of the Clinton regime. This is not totally Bill's fault, for he had to run on something to appease the majority of the people and get us out of the Bush I era.

We're doomed

Just goes to show you that this country is still run by rich white people. There was no chance in hell that these white folk were gonna let all of these negros get elected into office and a bunch of negro promising white folk either. I often wonder if Ron Kirk and other democrats would have won if more minorities would have gotten out and voted. I doubt it. He still lost by a landslide. The democratic party doesn't have anyone as charismatic as Bill Clinton anymore to carry the party.

George Bush knows that this country is in shambles. That's why he's concentrating on war against Iraq. I love America. But got dammit...I hope we get drove if we go to war with Iraq. We have war going on RIGHT HERE IN OUR OWN DAMN COUNTRY. Let's take care of home first. We still haven't recovered from that azz whooping Osa Ma put on us last year. Let's get our economy back in order. Let's lower healthcare. Let's do something for the homeless. Let's beef up education instead of security. Forget about oil in Iraq...let's drill in Alaska.

We are in control now.

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :hat: :hat: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :hat: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :hat: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

I told you so, I would go into lecture mode and teach a polotics 101 class but what's the point. I have given up on you liberals a long time ago. Besides, you are too busy whining, and I am too busy gloating!!!!

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :hat: :hat: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :hat: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :hat: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

:D :D :D

Makaho,

Since you're so proud to be a republican and you are a black man (I think), what is it so great that republicans are doing for black people in general? They don't seem to be concerned w/the issues that concern us as a people, if you ask me. They only seem to be in favor of making the rich richer. So how is being a republican in your (our) best interest?

And I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I really wanna know.

There's a lot to talk about

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE
Just goes to show you that this country is still run by rich white people. There was no chance in hell that these white folk were gonna let all of these negros get elected into office and a bunch of negro promising white folk either. I often wonder if Ron Kirk and other democrats would have won if more minorities would have gotten out and voted. I doubt it. He still lost by a landslide. The democratic party doesn't have anyone as charismatic as Bill Clinton anymore to carry the party.

George Bush knows that this country is in shambles. That's why he's concentrating on war against Iraq. I love America. But got dammit...I hope we get drove if we go to war with Iraq. We have war going on RIGHT HERE IN OUR OWN DAMN COUNTRY. Let's take care of home first. We still haven't recovered from that azz whooping Osa Ma put on us last year. Let's get our economy back in order. Let's lower healthcare. Let's do something for the homeless. Let's beef up education instead of security. Forget about oil in Iraq...let's drill in Alaska.

First, I do agree that Shrub is wrong about going to war with Iraq. However, I don't think that drilling Alaska is the solution. We've had the technology for decades that would allow us to end our dependence on fossil fuels. Let's impliment it.

Osama didn't attack us, Al Quada did. Osama may have FINANCED them, but I'm not convinced he had anything whatsoever to do with the planning of all of this stuff.

The war going on here in the States is a war on our own citizens. We can end that NOW by ending the "war on drugs". That would IMMEDIATELY save thousands of lives per year, many of them young, black males.

We need a national health care system not unlike what they have in Canada and Europe today. One of the major factors in the homeless problem can be traced back to Reagan's mental healthcare policies in the 80s. With the events of yesterday, I don't see this changing any time soon coming from our government, which means that any succor in this area must come from the people. However, we are too concerned with this dog-eat-dog mentality that has been instilled in our country's value system by (surprise, surprise) people who would term themselves "conservatives". And who just won Congress?...

There is no motivation for those who are in power to improve education for the masses, since that will level the playing field and make us a powerful as they. We don't need more "security" (which is basically the current regime's way of trying to strip our liberties). We don't need a missile defense system, which is basically the Reich Wing's way of perpetuating the military/industrial complex. We DO need improved public education, public transportation, and public healthcare. But I guess that's too much like right for them. This model seems to work well for Switzerland, but hey, what do the richest people know? There is NO REASON that there shouldn't be 6 billion millionaires on this planet (props to Bucky Fuller for that statement). Oh, wait, there is: Greed. And while WE are still greedy and selfish, we will never get more than the crumbs from the pie.

Re: Makaho,

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
Since you're so proud to be a republican and you are a black man (I think), what is it so great that republicans are doing for black people in general? They don't seem to be concerned w/the issues that concern us as a people, if you ask me. They only seem to be in favor of making the rich richer. So how is being a republican in your (our) best interest?

And I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I really wanna know.

Dtown, people should vote their beliefs and convictions and what benefits them as a whole. That is why we have neutralized ourselves as a voting power nationally because we still subscribe to this group mentality by voting to help those in our community unconcerned about it.

I vote Republican on a national level because:

I support conservatism over liberalism....Let's use my womans pudding as the subject here...

If she's conservative/republican with it, she gives it to ME , If she's liberal/democrat with it she doals it out to EVERYBODY. Now, everybody likes free puddin, but they don't want everybody dippin into theirs. Guys, if you still support the liberal philosophy on this, please post your woman's phone number here -------------------->
And as far as the Republicans being concerned with the rich getting richer, that is rhetoric and bullisht. Last I checked Bill Clinton, the Kennedys, Al Gore, Maxine Waters and a myriad of others all had stock portfolios that would kick Kobe Bryant's to sleep. Most of your politicians Dem and Rep are rich, that's why they raise, over a million dollars for a 100,000 dollar a year job. I get my arse handed to me every year because I fill out a 1099 instead of a 1040. Liberal taxation really hurts those of us that are self employed. I have not seen the benefits of us voting Democrat all these years......

High crime rates in our community!!
High iliteracy rates in our community !!
High drug usage in our community !!
High teen pregnacy in our community !!
High STD/AIDS rates in our community !!
High dropout rates in our community !!

The only thing that is Low is the employment rate, and being yellow dog democrats have benefited us. I was always told that being ignorant is when you just don't know any better, but being stupid is when you know better and still do the same thing.

And last but not least, I will not support a political party that supports the following:

Same Sex Marriages
Banning of prayer
Killing of babies
Taking my %$%$^ guns
Homosexual agendas
Rights for terrorists

Uhh, believe it or not, the Democratic party does this.

I could go on and on, but I'm sure someone will come along with and say that I'ts all rhetoric, and I will probably have to kick them to sleep like I do on the Smackboard. But I won't end on a sour note, because I am too busy gloating.....

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

But, I will leave you with a quote from Winston Churchill.

Show me a young man that is not Liberal, and I would say that he has no heart....Show me an older man that is not Conservative, and I would say that he has no Brain.

Maka prefers brains !!!!
:D:D:D

Re: Re: Makaho,

Originally posted by Makaho Bedrock

Dtown, people should vote their beliefs and convictions and what benefits them as a whole. That is why we have neutralized ourselves as a voting power nationally because we still subscribe to this group mentality by voting to help those in our community unconcerned about it.

I support conservatism over liberalism....Let's use my womans pudding as the subject here...

If she's conservative/republican with it, she gives it to ME , If she's liberal/democrat with it she doals it out to EVERYBODY. Now, everybody likes free puddin, but they don't want everybody dippin into theirs. Guys, if you still support the liberal philosophy on this, please post your woman's phone number here -------------------->
And as far as the Republicans being concerned with the rich getting richer, that is rhetoric and bullisht. Last I checked Bill Clinton, the Kennedys, Al Gore, Maxine Waters and a myriad of others all had stock portfolios that would kick Kobe Bryant's to sleep. Most of your politicians Dem and Rep are rich, that's why they raise, over a million dollars for a 100,000 dollar a year job. I get my arse handed to me every year because I fill out a 1099 instead of a 1040. Liberal taxation really hurts those of us that are self employed. I have not seen the benefits of us voting Democrat all these years......

The only thing that is Low is the employment rate, and being yellow dog democrats have benefited us. I was always told that being ignorant is when you just don't know any better, but being stupid is when you know better and still do the same thing.

And last but not least, I will not support a political party that supports the following:

Same Sex Marriages
Banning of prayer
Killing of babies
Taking my %$%$^ guns
Homosexual agendas
Rights for terrorists

I could go on and on, but I'm sure someone will come along with and say that I'ts all rhetoric, and I will probably have to kick them to sleep like I do on the Smackboard. But I won't end on a sour note, because I am too busy gloating.....

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

But, I will leave you with a quote from Winston Churchill.

Maka prefers brains !!!!
:D:D:D

I don't agree with all you've stated, but I do appreciate your reply.

A rebuttal

Same Sex Marriages
Banning of prayer
Killing of babies
Taking my %$%$^ guns
Homosexual agendas
Rights for terrorists

Maka prefers brains !!!!

Democrats didn't give us high crime rates, DRUGS did--a drug policy initiated by Richard Nixon.

High illiteracy is both a myth and any illiteracy is a failure of our educational system, which is caused in part by cuts in the DOE by Reagan.

High drug usage isn't the problem, it's drug abuse. This is often a symtom of a larger problem, which is poverty. Poverty is not something that happened over night, and BOTH major parties are to blame for that one.

Teen pregnancy has been on the decline for the last decade. Look it up in the Department of Health's statistics. Besides, who's in office has nothing to do with pregnancy.

STD/AIDS has nothing to do with who's in office. Again, people's personal actions are their's, not some politician's fault.

High dropout rates are a by-product of a poor economy, a poor educational system, and poor self-esteem. The last is a result of a number of factors, including but not limited to conservative rhetoric.

Now, to your assertations of what you think the Democrats (of which I am not one) stand for:

Same Sex Marriages: This is not a DNC policy. However, I see no problem with it. Marriage is a legal contract, no more, no less. By imposing a religious aspect to it, a legislature would be in violation of the First Amendment. Furthermore, with our divorce rate of over 50%, what have we heterosexuals done to maintain the "sanctity" of marriage???

Banning of prayer: No one outside of radical Atheists want prayer banned. Teachers should not lead prayer in public school, unless they agree to lead in prayer for EVERYONE. Would you want your child to have a teacher lead him in a Santeria ritual? A moment of silence would be a good compromise. Remember, the Bill of Rights was written to protect the rights of those in the minority opinion/beliefs; those whose opinion/beliefs are in the majority are protected by mob rule.

Killing of babies: No one supports infanticide. If you are referring to abortion, over 90% of abortions take place during the first trimester, before the brain is formed. The remaining ones are only performed in the case of emergency. The so-called Partial Birth Abortions are so rare that they wouldn't even count in a statistical analysis of the situation. A woman's reproductive rights are vital to the maintaining of equality in our society. When women are forced to carry unwanted pregnancies to term, the damage to both the child and the woman is much greater than if she ends the pregancy. And giving the embryo a cognomen of "baby" is just another example of Religious Reich Rhetoric; I don't need to discuss how illogical it is, since a catapillar isn't a butterfly, an egg is not a chicken, and an acorn isn't an oak tree.

Taking your bloody guns: Again, taking the radical case to try to discredit the mainstream. Nice Strawman. No one wants to take your guns. The majority of us, including self professed Leftists like myself, simply want the gun laws that are in the books to be enforced. We also want for gun owners to be responsible. Hell, own up to the fact that for every n good NRA members, there are some whack jobs out there who illegally have guns. Let's get rid of the latter without infringing on the rights of the former, eh?

Homosexual agendas: Before I tell you that this isn't a DNC stance, what's a homosexual agenda? Equal rights for everyone? Heaven forbid!!! A person shouldn't be allowed to exist with dignity, I guess. Oh, and if I call you a bigot here, there's a reason.

Rights for terrorists: Again, where does the DNC say that they support rights for terrorists? I know this: When Shrub declared his "International War on Terrorism," he forgot about the IRA, the groups up in Montana, etc, who supported McVeigh, the people in Saudi Arabia, Jordan, etc who support terror, the terrorists in the Phillipines, the Israeli gov't, our own gov't's actions in the past and present, the terrorists in the Balkans, et al. I happen to think that NO ONE should be detained without access to an attorney or without an official charge against them. This happened to Jews and Gypsies in Germany, you know. "When they came for the Jews, I said nothing...when they came for me, there was no one left to speak for me."

People like you have absolutely no concept of social justice, and it's a damned shame. Open your eyes, get your head out of your arse, stop listening to the corporate media, and cut through the BS that the mainstream and Reich Wing politicos spew at you for a change.

You claim to prefer brains. Well, your arguments lack intellectual rigor and your beliefs lack both heart and conviction. That's typical of the Religious Reich, however. Sig Heil, my brother?

Re: A rebuttal

Dude, I could give a uckf how your left wing supporting arse feels about my ideology or the Religous right. In your failed attempt at the communist manifesto i.e. your last post you only informed the reading audience how sad the left truly is. I think this quote sums you up...

Homosexual agendas: Before I tell you that this isn't a DNC stance, what's a homosexual agenda? Equal rights for everyone? Heaven forbid!!! A person shouldn't be allowed to exist with dignity, I guess. Oh, and if I call you a bigot here, there's a reason.

Hmmm, did I touch a nerve?
Your'e dayumm right I'm a bigot. I'm a God fearing, Heterosexual gun owning bigot at that. Makaho does not care about you, or your alternative lifestyle partners rights or needs if they conflict with mine, last I checked, the majority agrees with me.

Should'nt you be at a rainbow decorated parade or N.A.M.B.L.A membership drive or something?

. . . .And we wonder why we are in the position(s) that we are in.

As Brother Martin once said, "we have some difficult days ahead."

Dammit Makaho.....I was just coming over here to rub this victory in the faces of all these liberal Dems, and here you are already preaching the gospel!

Young, Black, Republican, Nupe........I love myself!

Originally posted by Suge
Dammit Makaho.....I was just coming over here to rub this victory in the faces of all these liberal Dems, and here you are already preaching the gospel!

Young, Black, Republican, Nupe........I love myself!

My bad Nupe, but there is plenty of gloating to go round....

:jump: :jump: :jump: :hat: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :hat: :hat: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :hat: :jump: :hat: :jump: :jump:

Re: Re: A rebuttal

Dude, I could give a uckf how your left wing supporting arse feels about my ideology or the Religous right. In your failed attempt at the communist manifesto i.e. your last post you only informed the reading audience how sad the left truly is. I think this quote sums you up...

Hmmm, did I touch a nerve?
Your'e dayumm right I'm a bigot. I'm a God fearing, Heterosexual gun owning bigot at that. Makaho does not care about you, or your alternative lifestyle partners rights or needs if they conflict with mine, last I checked, the majority agrees with me.

Should'nt you be at a rainbow decorated parade or N.A.M.B.L.A membership drive or something?

First of all, I never claimed to support Communism or Marx. Second, my quote concerning equality for homosexuals is not based on my sexuality; rather, it is based on my belief that all human beings should be treated equally. Thus, your assumption that my support of equality for all people means that I am gay is incorrect. I'm secure in my sexuality and my masculinity. I can't say the same for you; most homophobes have latent tendencies, as do guys who feel the need to proclaim their machismo and their "straightness". Besides, had you read my post, you would have noticed: "Furthermore, with our divorce rate of over 50%, what have we heterosexuals done to maintain the 'sanctity' of marriage???" But you prefer to wallow in your miasma of bigotry and rhetoric.

If majority rule counted, then the First Amendment would not be necessary. Just because the majority believes in something that is savage and foolish, that does not make it right. There was a time when the majority viewpoint was that Blacks are intellectually inferior to Whites. We've since progressed past that.

Read Bishop John Shelby Spong's Living in Sin? for a more appropriate view on human sexuality. Perhaps then you can get past Paul's self loathing complex.

You have to give Makaho credit, he's done what eveyone should do. He knows what effects him as an individual.

Casting your vote is only one step in the process. The next step is to keep up with what these elected officials do. Check the voting records of your Senators and Congressmens. Let them know what you think about their positions on issues.

Re: Re: Re: A rebuttal

Originally posted by sophandros

First of all, I never claimed to support Communism or Marx. Second, my quote concerning equality for homosexuals is not based on my sexuality; rather, it is based on my belief that all human beings should be treated equally. Thus, your assumption that my support of equality for all people means that I am gay is incorrect. I'm secure in my sexuality and my masculinity. I can't say the same for you; most homophobes have latent tendencies, as do guys who feel the need to proclaim their machismo and their "straightness". Besides, had you read my post, you would have noticed: "Furthermore, with our divorce rate of over 50%, what have we heterosexuals done to maintain the 'sanctity' of marriage???" But you prefer to wallow in your miasma of bigotry and rhetoric.

If majority rule counted, then the First Amendment would not be necessary. Just because the majority believes in something that is savage and foolish, that does not make it right. There was a time when the majority viewpoint was that Blacks are intellectually inferior to Whites. We've since progressed past that.

Read Bishop John Shelby Spong's Living in Sin? for a more appropriate view on human sexuality. Perhaps then you can get past Paul's self loathing complex.

After reading your latest incoherent rambling I am even more convinced......
1036611525.jpg

:D :D :D

And I am still gloating !!!!

:jump: :jump: :jump: :hat: :jump: :jump: :jump: :hat: :jump: :hat: :jump: :jump: :hat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back