Rep. Cynthia McKinney scuffles with Capitol Police

Status
Not open for further replies.
JSU/99 said:
Its amazing how we're all for Law & Order and respecting the Police except when it comes to ourselves. Congressmen are among the most entitled and privileged group of individuals in this country. Like it or not, its something they earned when they got elected. You guys are crazy if you believe that this was the first time a congressman or even a high-level staffer thumbed their nose at security. And you have to be equally crazy to believe that this particular officer didn't know who she was - unless this was his first day on the job. They just choose to use her to make an example. Take off the blinders and see this for what it is. Just like someone who always uses race as a justification often can't see the real issue, the opposite is also true. Some of us(particularly black conservatives) are so hell-bent on distancing our selves from anything racial that we feel that race doesn't play a part in anything, except in the most blatant circumstances.

Bruh...Congressman are not above RULES and REGULATIONS. No elected official is...that's why we have checks and balances. She chose to make an example out of herself by acting like a donkey.

FYI...not too many Republicans commented on this thread...alot of the people agreeing are strong democrats....

ummm Sweets,
Was it normally a requirement that she have the pen and i.d. to bypass the checkpoint?

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
FYI...not too many Republicans commented on this thread...alot of the people agreeing are strong democrats....
How do you know people's party affiliations?
:smh:

You're ALL over the place on this thread.
:scared:

Since there is a tape, something must have happened. She was fed up with the treatment. But what she is talking about will never stop. If what she is talking about I have been in similar situation. You would not understand the entire situation unless you have had the experience.

MightyDog said:
Since there is a tape, something must have happened. She was fed up with the treatment. But what she is talking about will never stop. If what she is talking about I have been in similar situation. You would not understand the entire situation unless you have had the experience.

Mighty Dog I understand, and I can say that I have been in her situation where the powers that be or in this case the "Holder of Power" the gaurd, extended is arm. Yet, my father told me when I was younger, a street cop on the beat can be your worse nightmare, he or she is not the person you need to battle with, there is due process in everything.

I think if McKinney would have stopped when he said stop the first time, turned around and said, sorry sir I Rep. McKinney here's my ID...he would have probably said sorry maam...I can't be too careful.

MH and others have said respect McKinney's position...well her sucker punching a gaurd does not exhibit too much respect. Also, if he was so forceful where she had to hit him.....then the policies need to change where everyone...ACROSS the board should be REQUIRED to wear ID's at ALL times...and provide these ID's when entering...PERIOD.

If she does this again...then we all will know the truth.

Today's Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting that the Capitol Hill police have notified the federal prosecutor's office in Washington that they are going to seek an arrest warrant for McKinney next week.

Maybe she should hire a good attorney and a good hair stylist.

DSN: The only thing I see here is that there should be no free passes for anyone. If everyone was required to present IDs everytime, then you would eliminate the problem. Police powers are the most dangerous because they are the closest to us. In addition, police powers are the most violated by officers.

MightyDog said:
DSN: The only thing I see here is that there should be no free passes for anyone. If everyone was required to present IDs everytime, then you would eliminate the problem. Police powers are the most dangerous because they are the closest to us. In addition, police powers are the most violated by officers.

True.

DSN,

Your name calling of Mckinney is far worse than anything she may have done. Your calling her a H is disgusting. :smh:

J C said:
DSN,

Your name calling of Mckinney is far worse than anything she may have done. Your calling her a H is disgusting. :smh:

Man please.....she swung on cop......This all DSN's fault.....:lmao: :lmao:

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Man please.....she swung on cop......This all DSN's fault.....:lmao: :lmao:

Boy.........I bet you get with Mr. Charlie at work and talk about Jamaal, Eboni and "dem" all day. Your azz ain't getting no promotion like that! :lol: :emlaugh:

JROCK said:
Boy.........I bet you get with Mr. Charlie at work and talk about Jamaal, Eboni and "dem" all day. Your azz ain't getting no promotion like that! :lol: :emlaugh:

Yea we don't hire YELLAS!

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
JRock I will never defend anyone who is doing wrong. McKinney, whether we like it not did wrong...

You should be ashamed of yourself. Your demagogue about one of the leading activist on Capitol Hill is a disgrace to all revolutionist. You really need to research the person, her deeds and what she stands for before breaking your back to support someone that is really a foe and not a friend. If you believe CM's activism has nothing to do with this situation then you're out of your rabid mind! :lol: :emlaugh:

Really.........I'm shame for you, but....... "I ain't gone lose no sleep over it!" :lol: :emlaugh:

Good night Clarence. :lol: :emlaugh:

JROCK said:
You should be ashamed of yourself. Your demagogue about one of the leading activist on Capitol Hill is a disgrace to all revolutionist. You really need to research the person, her deeds and what she stands for before breaking your back to support someone that is really a foe and not a friend. If you believe CM's activism has nothing to do with this situation then you're out of your rabid mind! :lol: :emlaugh:

Really.........I'm shame for you, but....... "I ain't gone lose no sleep over it!" :lol: :emlaugh:

Good night Clarence. :lol: :emlaugh:

Call me what you want it makes no difference...you don't pay no bills or feed me so why should I care. Just get ready to pick em this fall.

NASTYNUPE said:
Today's Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting that the Capitol Hill police have notified the federal prosecutor's office in Washington that they are going to seek an arrest warrant for McKinney next week.

Maybe she should hire a good attorney and a good hair stylist.

:lol: @ NastyNupe! Shame on you, but that is funny!

I think to arrest her is prosecutorial abuse of power and WAAAAAAY over the top for the situation. If she was not female and Black, no way this would have gone to issuing an arrest warrant and commencing a criminal case against her. :smh:

DSN, I'm hoping you said all that stuff :rolleyes: for argument sake and for shock/attention value like you always do. Otherwise you are a disrespectable monster and that's why you have problems maintaining long term relationshipships with women.

My Comments Concerning McKinney

It's funny how we pick out what we want as wrong and come down hard on a person. Regardless of how anyone thinks, we all have our opinion. My opinion is simple, McKinney did wrong by not showing her ID; But if she feels she is above the law and can walk through a security gate and should not be stopped, then if the shoe fits then she should wear it. Many times we type things and have to find out if someone is joking or not. What I usually do is see who typed it, think about some of other threads then respond. If I'm not sure I most definitely will PM you and ask if you are joking or serious.

As far as my comments about her being a ho, I don't know who she's fugging and really don't care. As I stated earlier it was a figure of speech. The funny part is I was the second person to post and my original can be viewed. To know me means to know me. If we all took each person for face value as to what they say on this page, we would have a house full of messed up people. When I first begin positng I took things serious but a good friend said, that's just for fun. Then my humorous side just came to be.

I view the SWACPage as a place for fun and relaxation. It aides me to get through a VERY stressful and hectic day and I am most thankful for Kenn Rashad to allow a place like this since 2000 when I begin reading and not posting until 2001. Just like many on the site, there are rumors and questions about me. Hell I ask the same about some of you. But the funny thing is, I have the morale courage to PM those and ask. My solution to all of this is to ask and it will be answered.

Re: My Comments Concerning McKinney

If it ain't said, it doesn't have to be clarified, but that's just my opinion.

Then again, WTF do I know?

I think the broad brought her troubles upon herself, irrespective of the good she's done for the people by whom she was elected. She could have pretty easily clarified who she was, without all the eye bucking "black woman on Capitol Hill" vitriole. I say that because if she was bucking and rolling her damned eyes at a press conference, I can only imagine how she was acting when dude didn't know who she was.

She could have proven her identity, fired off a hot assed letter to whomever (or burned it), moved on, SAT DOWN, and STFU, an no one would have been the wiser. As it was, she's facing charges. Regardless of her ethnicity, it looks bad and could have been handled better.

That's my take.

Vinita said:
If it ain't said, it doesn't have to be clarified, but that's just my opinion.

Then again, WTF do I know?

I think the broad brought her troubles upon herself, irrespective of the good she's done for the people by whom she was elected. She could have pretty easily clarified who she was, without all the eye bucking "black woman on Capitol Hill" vitriole. I say that because if she was bucking and rolling her damned eyes at a press conference, I can only imagine how she was acting when dude didn't know who she was.

She could have proven her identity, fired off a hot assed letter to whomever (or burned it), moved on, SAT DOWN, and STFU, an no one would have been the wiser. As it was, she's facing charges. Regardless of her ethnicity, it looks bad and could have been handled better.

That's my take.

Vinita and SN, I agree totally with what you are saying. This sister brought these problems on herself. If you're required to show a badge, then you know what you have to do. She has blown this issue out of proportion. She's trying to make this thing racial when it's not.

I am probably one of a very few people on this board that lives in Georgia's 4th Congressional District (McKinney's District). I have seen many "things" happen, both locally and on the national scale. She has done some "good" in her capacity but "drama" seems to follow; that is only my opinion.

Locally, some state senators are uniting with her and starting up the race card issue. Some state senators say they see the same thing daily at the Georgia Capital; but I have not read any reports about security officers being assaulted. No one is saying anything about the fact that she stuck a law enforcement officer. Justified or not, I don't think she should have hit the man, if that was indeed what happened. But the "racial profiling" spin that is being put on this matter is gaining local momentum.

Also locally, they are destroying her on talk radio. The GOP'ers are planning to vote Democrat in the next 4th Congressional election in an effort to get her out of office. This would not be a first as that is how she was defeated before.

She is getting little, if any support from the DEMs and to be honest with you, it does not look good for home girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back