Religion & Hypocrites

I am Sad that I came into this discussion late.
I wonder if we are still willing to discuss this topic?

:(

I have some...umm...different views on religion.
I think there is just FAR too much scientific evidence proving that a lot of the things in the bible happened for natural reason. I think Jesus was NOT the son of God, but a prophet like any other. I believe in evolution, the big bang theory, etc. The only thing that I haven't decided on is if there was this big bang, then how did the matter that created it get there in the first place?
My HUGEST problem with super religious people is the whole idea that if you don't go to church every Sunday you're a bad Christian. I think it's better to worship, in whatever way you do it, whenever you want, on your free time, wherever you want. The idea that in order to worship God you have to get together with a whole group of people and listen to someone preach is ridiculous to me.

There is a difference between having a "spiritual side" and being "religous". I don't care for "religous" people.

Myliska,

This is the only Big Bang Theory that has ever happened:
1) God said "let there be light" and BANG! it happened.
2) God said "let the waters gather & the earth bring forth grass" and BANG! it happened.
3) God said "let us make man" amd BANG! we had Adam.;)
My HUGEST problem with super religious people is the whole idea that if you don't go to church every Sunday you're a bad Christian. I think it's better to worship, in whatever way you do it, whenever you want, on your free time, wherever you want
If you want to know how often to go to Chuch then ask God to tell you WHAT exact Church He wants you to go to and SHOW UP when THAT particular Church has service, that's how often YOU should go.;) I guess saying all of this is a waste of my time if the below staement you made is how you feel.
I think Jesus was NOT the son of God
:(
Remember, 'eEvery "church" topic it seems can be argued but there is one FACT that can't be comprised and must be believed for Salvation and that FACT is Jesus IS the Son of God who died for your sins and mine so that by beleieving in Him, we can have eternal LIFE with Him in Heaven!:)

The bible is made up entirely of man written things. Whoever wrote that believed Jesus was the son of God...that doesn't make it true. People that believe what the bible says are often the first ones to say that Gandhi, etc were just preaching their beliefs and they aren't really true. Jesus was just like Gandhi so you can't really say ones real and one isn't.
And with the church thing I'm saying...why is it so wrong to want to stay at home and worship how you see fit instead of being in a church?
And with this.. "God said "let us make man" amd BANG! we had Adam." How do you explain all the evidence of evolution?

How do you explain all the evidence of evolution?
What Evidence??? Can you name or anyone prove evidence that doesn't exist? Please name "evidence" of evolution in your next post. I hope you don't think you came from monkeys.:(
And with the church thing I'm saying...why is it so wrong to want to stay at home and worship how you see fit instead of being in a church?
Hebrews 10:25 tells us that God wants us to meet regularly with other Christians. Combine this with the life of JESUS (teaching believers in the temple) and you have > church gatherings. Come on, we both know that when someone always says, "I don't have to go to Church to Worship God, I can Worship right here in my bed" we both know that means your just too lazy to get up.:goodbad: If they really understood Private Worship, they would love to take part in Corprate Worship.
Through your post, you've shown one good reason for you to go to church regularly: To learn that worship is not where you go, it's who you are. Church isn't just so people can worship(you're suppossed to be doing that all week long) it's to hear the appointed man of God teach you things you may have over looked in your weekly studying. There's a lot of things about Worship that your Church/Pastor can teach you but you have to actually get out your bed and go.
Jesus was just like Gandhi so you can't really say ones real and one isn't.
One thing that I DO know about Gandhi is that he doesn't know me and I don't know him. He's never done anything for me so I don't have a relationship with him. I DO, however, have a relationship with Jesus as do MANY MANY Christians. That's the simple difference. As someone said earlier, it's not about Religion, it's about Relationship.
The bible is made up entirely of man written things.
Yes, God uses man to do His work. Remember though that all scripture is inspired by God. Why do you think the Bible can speak so awesomely of Future events? What man can write book of prophecies, all of hich come true, and can do it without God?

nevaehinvesting! "it's to hear the appointed man of God teach you things you may have over looked in your weekly studying."

Like the former leader of the Southern Baptist Convention! maybe you meant Rev. J.J. naw you are talking about a Catholic priest, right? Maybe I just don't understand the man that says he was appointed by God. Can someone help me understand?

Believing is Seeing

PLOW DOG, just because a person claims to be the "appointed man of God" doesn't mean he is. You WILL know those who are truly following God because they not only preach His Word, but they live it out in their actions. Plus, you should never let a person alone teach you God's Word, because they aren't always right. You should ALWAYS return to the source of that teaching, the Bible, to determine for yourself what God says.

People will be people, for better or worse, but they are not the ones who should affect your decision to follow God or not. No person can save you except Jesus, so there's no reason to decide what you think about a particular faith or worship or religion based on a person's actions.

I read once where Frederick Douglass commented on the practice of "Christian" slaveowners. He said (I'm paraphrasing) that whatever they were practicing, it wasn't Christianity. Because Douglass learned of God for himself and knew that despite the people who corrupted it, God is right and true. Seek a relationship with God. No, you don't have to be in church every Sunday to do that, but it's almost impossible to build a relationship with God outside of a body of believers to encourage you. Of course, you have to choose what body of believers to be a part of, so choose wisely. But never base the perfection of God on the imperfection of man.

Originally posted by Myliska
The bible is made up entirely of man written things. Whoever wrote that believed Jesus was the son of God...that doesn't make it true. People that believe what the bible says are often the first ones to say that Gandhi, etc were just preaching their beliefs and they aren't really true. Jesus was just like Gandhi so you can't really say ones real and one isn't.
Myliska, do you believe in God? Do you believe that there is a higher Supreme Being that is greater than us?

Bluebengal: I'm really not sure. In general I guess yes, but there are a lot of things I question and a lot of things I disagree with.

nevaehinvesting: This is exactly why I don't like really religious people...because they try to push their beliefs onto you. I don't have a problem with what you believe in so you can live your life how you see fit and let me do the same with mine.

PlowDog
God, in the bible, appointed men to do to works on earth and he still appoints men today. Because a man sins does not mean that he is no longer appointed. God has probably appointed you to do certain things in life just like he's appointed me to do things, just like he appointed Jesse Jackson, Priests, David, Moses, Solomon, Paul etc to do things. All of these men, including me & you have fallen short various times in private & in public. That doesn't mean that we're not appointed men of God. That means we need to get back up as men of God. The ONLY appointed man of God who never failed was Jesus, which brings up another point: if Jesus isn't condemning any of these men of God, I'm not either. How often do you pray for these men in the puiblic eye? We know that the 'world' is going to condemn them but we as Christians should encourage them.

Remember, as Christians, we should never keep stones in our pockets. We need to let people who have fallen know that we love them and that they can repent & "go and sin no more."

p.s. think about it, if men who "messed up big time" were really not appointed, all these sermons about David, Paul, Disciples, Moses woud be in vain because some of the stuff they did far out weighs Rev. Jesse Jackson.

Just remember - seek God for yourself

Thanks for the comments. nevaehinvesting makes an awesome point. We fall sometimes (or many times), but that doesn't keep God from loving us or using us. I pray even for those Catholic priests; at some time in the past (I hope), they became priests to heed the call of Christ in their lives. I pray they return to that calling. Flawed as I am, I need to return to God just as much as they do.

Myliska, listen to this, we are all flawed people trying to help each other. The "really religious" people are excited because they know that God forgives them and has shown them the way to truth. They simply want to help others receive the same. It's just like your parents, friends, teachers, anyone else you respect trying to help you. Religion will be meanlingless to you until God becomes real to you. But I suggest if you are really interested in knowing who God is, go to church. God will place someone there who will genuinely try to help you learn more about Him.

Back