Reinstating the draft

unknown

I'm just curious, even if you don't qualify to get drafted, if you did, would you go to war? I honestly don't see myself going over there to fight for a cause that I don't believe in. I'd probably pull a president Clinton and stay in school as long as I could.

My Dad Was Drafted...

and after his years were over, he stayed in for another 27......I would go....I asked my dad why he decided to stay in and he said he felt it was his obligation to all the soldiers who have fallen in order to make this country what it is today. Though the U.S. has many flaws, it is still the most powerful and free country on earth.

I wouldn't. For one no one has seen ANY proof that Iraq is still building weapons of mass destruction. For two, Bush is already moving troops KNOWING he's about to attack Iraq over a cause that obviously has to do with oil & not weapons. I dont think it's right to go over there and drop bombs on all of those innocent civilians to help DUBYA's oil recovery campaign.

Originally posted by unknown1
I wouldn't. For one no one has seen ANY proof that Iraq is still building weapons of mass destruction. For two, Bush is already moving troops KNOWING he's about to attack Iraq over a cause that obviously has to do with oil & not weapons. I dont think it's right to go over there and drop bombs on all of those innocent civilians to help DUBYA's oil recovery campaign.

I can't believe I am saying this.... But I agree with you.

Originally posted by unknown1

Thanks for speaking my mind.

Ask whitey if he wants the draft. Whitey is big on making war, but the moment they implement the draft, watch the protests begin. As long as those getting killed are blacks and Latinos, then they have no problems with makin' war.

I agree,

These idiot politicians are always quick to want to show our military might, but at the cost of our young people. A whole generation has been scarred by an undeclared war in the 60s and early 70s.

I just don't understand it, but if called I think that I would. I have to go with Dr. S. Nupe....it will take some of us bleeding to preserve our way of life. Especially right now, as a nation we can not afford to show any weakness to the world.

But I wish that these dumbarse polictians were forced to lead the troops into battle, that would curb some of this haste go to war.

I wouldnt go if it were for some ol BS. I aint studdin North Korea or Iraq. If we were attacked, and I had to defend my home, then thats a different story.

I would go. As a US citizen I feel that it would be my duty to go and serve my country. Now I know that a lot of ill isht has happened to minorities in this country but this is the country where I was born and it doesn't matter if I think the cause is right or not. If I was called, I would have to go.

It doesn't matter if the cause is right or not? WTF!?!? So if Bush was over there bombing civilians in Somalia you'd take part in that to "serve your country?" This is sad. I was watching this story on Discovery Channel about how the US killed all of those hundreds of innocent civilians fleeing Iraq in a caravan after the war was already over. Kids and innocent bystanders scattered all alongside the highway. That, is somethin i'd NEVER take part in, because I don't see that as "defending our country", I see it as using our supposed "dominant" military forces to beatup on those who can barely defend themselves. WE trained em to fight, gave em weapons, and told them to go destroy other companies years ago, now we take stealth bombers over there and blow up bystanders for a cause that has nothing to do with the reason Bush "claims" the troops are there. Hmm....I wonder what God would say to me for shooting a smart bomb into a daycare center when I reached the pearly gates?

This country was founded on the principle of dissenting opinions, not blind loyalty to the elite.

Let's remember that.

All this is a publicity stunt by Charles rangel to mobilize dissent against whateva Bush is trying to do. Its a pretty good move because no matter how "for" this you are......no one wants to see the return of the draft. Associating the word "DRAFT" with this will automatically turn 20% of the population against this.

Again...a brilliant move by Rangel.....which brought out the Sec of Defense to comment on it and started a draft or not draft debate.

:tdown:

Unknown,

I am all for the draft. The war is going to come. A draft will make sure that some rich kids die along with the poor. That fact makes politicians think twice about going to war. Face facts, most of the infantry is black, the infantry will die. If the draft occurs the infantry will have a few rich white kids in it that will die also. The military is full of the poor, including poor white trash. The draft to a certain extent does care if you are rich or not. I know that I sound harsh but I want the rich to die with the poor.

The problem with the America now is that people believe that you can have a war and nobody will die. And as far as bombing the innocent, in war no one is innocent. We have a saying killing them all and let God sort them out.

When I signed up for the Army I knew that I might have to pay the ultimate price. When I was in Desert Storm, I knew that I might not be going home. I did my time and I lived. Now it?s time for next group of people to step up. Also the military always account for accidental death. Because one thing is guaranteed in military, someone is going to die military or civilian.

I am being realistic not cruel, this is just a part of the price that is paid for your freedom.

Originally posted by pv_symbiotic
Unknown,

I am all for the draft. The war is going to come. A draft will make sure that some rich kids die along with the poor. That fact makes politicians think twice about going to war. Face facts, most of the infantry is black, the infantry will die. If the draft occurs the infantry will have a few rich white kids in it that will die also. The military is full of the poor, including poor white trash. The draft to a certain extent does care if you are rich or not. I know that I sound harsh but I want the rich to die with the poor.

The problem with the America now is that people believe that you can have a war and nobody will die. And as far as bombing the innocent, in war no one is innocent. We have a saying killing them all and let God sort them out.

When I signed up for the Army I knew that I might have to pay the ultimate price. When I was in Desert Storm, I knew that I might not be going home. I did my time and I lived. Now it?s time for next group of people to step up. Also the military always account for accidental death. Because one thing is guaranteed in military, someone is going to die military or civilian.

I am being realistic not cruel, this is just a part of the price that is paid for your freedom.

If you honestly believe that a draft will cause the rich kids to go to fight, I've got some ocean front property in North Dakota for you.

Thanks DOD

For saying no to the Draft. If Rangel and any of the other Dems calling for the draft had of sat down and talk to Vets from Vietnam, they would understand that reinstating the draft would make things worse. We have enough problems in the military today with volunteers who still think that they can use drugs, steal, rape other military members and do all the things they did back on the block. Reinstating the draft today is not a good idea.

The Army I joined in 1982 is not the Army of today. It took almost 20 years to clear the Army of all the problems the draft brought during the Vietnam era. We may get one or two Rich Boys but you will get five or six knuckleheads who would care less about the soldier in front of him or behind him.

So what if there are not any Senators, Congressmen, Governors, etc.. sons out there but I know for sure that there are some Generals who fought in previous wars, sent people into combat and made the sacrifices that their sons and daughters will make when bullets start flying during the next war.

Check your stats on Blacks in the Infantry. The Infantry is a glorified "White Boy" field. The majority of the Senior NonComs and Officers are white. In the Elite Infantry Units (Rangers, Special Forces, Delta, etc.. the majority are white)

Trust me, DOD made the right decision.

Back