Refund Checks

SIR_GRAM

Legend
Past / Present College folks..

What did you use to do with the money once u got it..

Well me my parent make too much money an i dont get much financial aid, so my refund check be from the school an it be like a couple hundred dollars, an i mean a couple.. I usually spend it on junk stuff.. Video games, maybe a few sets of clothes.... Other people i know be buyin cars, all dat an what not

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Yall went to college and dont know what a REFUND CHECK is, or maybe its just what we say at Grambling or may even a Grambling thing...

When you get money back from your Student Loans put on your university card or from a check sent to you... WHile your in school dt is!

Yall went to college and dont know what a REFUND CHECK is, or maybe its just what we say at Grambling or may even a Grambling thing...

When you get money back from your Student Loans put on your university card or from a check sent to you... WHile your in school dt is!

I used to get a little money back from my Pell Grant if that is what you're talking about. If so, it wasn't enough to stick in your eye.

I got refund checks and student loan checks. My money went to pay for off-campus housing and living expenses for the entire semester.

I got refunds for 2 yrs. 1st year it was a couple of hundred dollars and I think I used it to buy books and if there was anything left over - it was spent eating out. Year 2 they came out with the Super Cards and your money from the scholarship HAD to go on there so I used it in the Grill to get tiger burgers, tuna fish sandwiches, & that little chicken box thingy and t-shirts, cups, jacket, and other stuff from the Bookstore. Of course this was after I had bought my books.

When I went back to college, I was in my mid 20's so I qualified for a pell grant. I went to school basically free for a year. I took out additional loans to offset my loss of income, and incidental expenses.

Now that I am in graduate school. I use my loan money to fund various expenses I have during the semester. I do tons of presentation, which require handouts, visual aids and the like. I have to get those things duplicated at sometimes a considerable expense. Of course I buy gas, food, etc. When you get to this level of the game, they do not expect you to work full time while getting your education. The first couple weeks, I probably blow a little but in general I stick to the plan so I won't be broke before the NEXT refund check.

I don't see how anyone LIVES off a refund check alone. I am always looking for a way to make some skrilla.

I got refunds a couple of times while I was at school at Alcorn. They weren't much, I just put them into a savings account for the most part and also may have used a lil for road trips or something here and there.

I used any monies to help cover my living expenses. I used to get my check and pay my rent up for the semester. That way I didn't have to worry about it until the next semester, rent was never late.

Now if there was any excess, I would buy some clothes, etc. But when you pay your rent for 4-6 months, there is never much else left.

Both my siblings used their loan money to buy cars, but that was based on my suggestion. They both needed cars and a student loan is a low interest loan that they can defer until after they complete undergrad and grad. My sister is off to law school, so the 6K she used on her car will be a drop in the bucket of her total that she owes. Still she does not have to worry about a monthly car note right now.

The loan that I took to pay for grad school for me andmy wife, we took the excess and invested in two seperate high risk mutual funds. That way the loans will eventually pay for themselves.....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back