Reflection on Yesterdays Events (No SMACK)

Lewis

Peabody Warhorses
I watched yesterdays event with sorrow and anger. I didn't even get on this board. Yesterday afternoon, I talked to a group of students at Southern and was suprised to learn that most did not know why those countries in the middle east hate us so much. (Not the kinda "hate" I potray on this board, this is REAL hate, wanting to kill us if they get the opportunity) They did not understand the enourmous support our country gives to Israel, and that Israel stole that land from the Palistinians with our military help. I heard a statistic yesterday that this year the palistinians have killed 170 Jews but the Israel has killed 540 palistinians. They did not even know the real reasons behing the Gulf War and why Iraq thought they were right and that Iraq actually had a legitament point. Finally, I asked them why was the Civil War fought, most said to free the slaves. I had to break down the reality to them.<br>We have a lot of work to. do.<br><br>Moderaters - I posted this here because there is a lot more traffic here than on the round table.

What ever has happened is still no justification for thousands of Americans going about their daily lives to lose their lives. It's not the average citizen that perps what the CIA has done over the years.

Mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, cousin, children... the fallout has not yet begun because the victims are faceless right now....

The first funeral has not be held and when it is, multiply that scene 10 thousand times.

This is awful.....

This was ingeniously evil, total evil.

I'm so heartbroken for the victims and their families

I can't even begin to express my feelings on this tragedy. America will never be the same.

:( :( :(

Lewis you sound as if the US was the sole country responsible for Israel's existence. Why aren't they trying this crap with Russia? The international community created Israel because no one wanted the Jews in their country.

We get targeted because we're the big dog. If they have a problem with the Jews that is where they should direct their violence.

If Iraq had a legitimate reason then every country that is being undersold by another has a right to attack and occupy. We have a right to attack Vietnam because they are underselling our catfish farmers.

I'm sick and tired of this shiiii. Its time to not only declare war but take it to them. This war is against terroists not any particular country. But if a country supports terrorism they are terrorists.

Thanks for your response Bengal. I am not saying anyone is soley responsible for anything. My point was to just raise everyone's awareness. Particularly our younger people many of whom have no clue.<br>I agree that we should declare war on anyone that commits terrorism. I am also not saying Iraq (or any other country) is right. But I did explain to them why these people are angry and they have been and will continue striking back.<br>We all know why they won't try this with Russia.

Bengal,

Their hatred for America is because Israel uses American supplied weapons and intelligence and is supposed to be a peace broker in the area but seems to favor only one side.

Iraq invaded Kuwait to reunite a country that was divided by the British (much like what was done to Vietnam by the French). Where did you get this undersold theory?

Now the question is, why did America feel the need to prevent these reunions?

Solo,

First I would like to know who "their" is. And last I looked American weapons and technology are in Egpyt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and guess what Iraq and Iran.

Iraq invaded because they were angry about Kuwait selling oil at lower prices and they wanted a seaport. Where did you get theory of reunification?

The only question that needs to be answered is when are we going to avenge our dead?

If you wish to continue this discussion I am willing but let's move it to the private messaging arena.

Bengal,<br>You are right but the "Excuse" they used was reunification, they figured it worked for Israel, why not them. the oil and seaport are a "side benefit". Those countries you name do have some American weapons but none close to what Israel has.<br>But this was my purpose of posting this, to have a meanful discussion instead of spending all my time on some dumb smack.

Back