"Redneck Riviera" Well Kept Secret

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
You know what,, several weeks ago i went to Hilton Head on vacation. It was all good and HH has a reputation and all, but you know what, the Florida panhandle is an outstanding vacation destination as well.

This is the last relatively undeveloped (i say "relatively",,, relative to Florida's east coast.) part of Florida and it definitely has the whitest sand beaches in Florida. Man Destin is a well kept secret, and Panama City has gladly taken on the "spring break" tourism that Daytona etc "cleaned up". The coastline has high-rise condos popping up like mushrooms. Great to have such easy access to the gulf/FL panhandle.:shh:

Yep, the Destin Commons Mall and Sandals Outlet store are great areas to shop. The water in blueish-green and the inland harbor looks nice. The CrabTrap is a nice seafood place. Destin/Ft.Walton are my favorites.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
HORNETSWARM said:
Yep, the Destin Commons Mall and Sandals Outlet store are great areas to shop. The water in blueish-green and the inland harbor looks nice. The CrabTrap is a nice seafood place. Destin/Ft.Walton are my favorites.

Yep, and there are some beautiful golf coarses down there too. I made a freaking BEELINE to the Bass Pro Shop though. I can stay in that store all day long oh my goodness. :hat: They won't be seeing me any more though because I'll be going to the BPS in PRATTVILLE! :flippy:

Ironically/amazingly I have never been to Gulf Shores/Baldwin county. What's it like down there?

gulfshores was pretty descent. nice beaches.....too many condos. it's what biloxi will look like in 10 years.

I prefer jacksonville metro. good beaches, plenty of golf. world golf village is pretty nice. lots of shopping and all the aminities that a big city has to offer. if the cost of living weren't sky high we'd move there.

HORNETSWARM said:

:tup:

The Destin Common Mall is fantastic! You don't realize it's that big until you really get in the middle of it!

Also the Sandals Outlet is HUGE! I love it!

I really enjoyed Destin and plan on going back soon! :tup:

Back