Real Time with Bill Maher

I watch him, when I happen to think about it...I actually saw his show last night. Whoopi Goldberg & Dr. Cornel West, along w/the Rev. Jesse Jackson were on there. :tup:

NASTYNUPE said:
How Rush Limbaugh'ish of you frat.

NN

Anytime someone claims to be a Libetarian yet tows the liberal line like he does I have a problem with that.

If you are a liberal, say you are.

He's just too ashamed to admit it.

i watch bill maher faithfully....of course there are some guests that i don't agree with but he does give political variety.

i love new rules.....mak, take a chill pill.

dSWACizJSU said:
i watch bill maher faithfully....of course there are some guests that i don't agree with but he does give political variety.

i love new rules.....mak, take a chill pill.

Oh, I didn't realize you were Bill Maher's "Cut-Man".

I'll change my previous statement then...

Bill Maher is a "Progressive" sack of Isht!

:D

His show is cool with me. His guest come from a variety of backgrounds and they are free to express themselves. At least he believes in freedom of speech.

He may believe in freedom of speech, but he speaketh with a forked tounge.

He claims to be a Libertarian, yet he constantly contradicts himself in that regard:

Guns: The Libertarian Party is resolutely pro-Second Amendment. Maher, by comparison, supports gun-control laws and recently told Texas legislator Suzanna Hupp, "The Second Amendment doesn't refer to the world we live in now." SCORE: Liberal.

Education: The Libertarian Party supports free-market education. Maher promotes public schooling, and opposes even mild reforms like school vouchers. SCORE: Liberal.

Social Security: The Libertarian Party says Americans should be able to "opt out" of the failing government system. Maher largely agrees, saying Social Security is for "people too lame to save [for their retirement] for themselves." SCORE: Mostly libertarian.

Foreign policy: The Libertarian Party calls for a non-interventionist military policy and describes foreign aid as "welfare for nations." Maher endorses an active U.S. foreign policy, saying it's "the price we must pay" for being the world's lone superpower. However, he opposes corporate welfare to help U.S. companies compete internationally. SCORE: Mostly liberal.

Abortion: The Libertarian Party believes government should not make decisions about abortion, but acknowledges that libertarians "can hold good-faith views on both sides." Maher is staunchly pro-abortion rights, a position shared by most liberals. SCORE: Liberal

Environment: The Libertarian Party recognizes that the federal government is the biggest polluter of all; endorses the private protection of land; and opposes top-down regulatory agencies like the EPA. Maher, according to Salon.com, "believes government regulation of clean air and water is one of the cornerstones of what government is meant to do." SCORE: Liberal

Drugs: The Libertarian Party opposes the War on Drugs as an attack on Americans' civil liberties. Maher agrees on this and other victimless crimes, leading one conservative critic to claim that he's "a-okay with the Leviathan state as long as he gets his Hustler, his hookers and his hash. SCORE: Either libertarian or libertine.

He is a Libertarian in name only.

If he is a Liberal, then he should say he is. I think he is just too ashamed to admit it.

Back