Razors or Clippers?

Unknowm

I've tried T-Outliners, balding clippers and others. Are there any clippers on the market for black men that will give you a close shave instead of using razors. Are there any razors for black men that will a close shave with minimum razor bumps?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm tried T-Outliners, balding clippers and others. Are there any clippers on the market for black men that will give you a close shave instead of using razors. Are there any razors for black men that will a close shave with minimum razor bumps?
Clippers>. just have to get the sharpened ever so often.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
T-Outliners are good by Andis, I havent used a razor since my military days. They ended up giving me a no shave pass because I broke out from razors...

Edgers increase razor bumps. LEt me give you some advice:

Razors: I rarely knick myself. Shaving my head I go with the grave first...then slowly against the grain.
GilletteFusionProglide.jpg

Now after I shave my head I mostoirize(sp) it with regular lotion. Don't use aftershave because you are burning your head and creating irritation.

Now I use the same razors above for my face but I after I shave my face I use rubbing alcohol. Again that aftershave stuff has perfumes which increase the fungus that causes razorbumps. After the alcohol cools down I shower. Don't scrub your face because shaving removes a layer of skin giving you a facial.

After the shower I use this:

Rugby Acne Cream 10....the stuff they sell in stores aren't worth a shit. Go to amazon.com and I usually pay around $8 which includes shipping.

small_ljg1291734800.gif

Now this will dry your face out but the key is not to moisterize(sp) becuase you want the pimples and hairbumps to dry out. If you don't like the drying out during the day, take a shower at night and use it. I swear by this stuff!!!

Now on your face shave with the grain.

I will never ever attept to use a razor again. I have tried every variation. My skin just won't tolerate it. Andis t outliners

Razors: I rarely knick myself. Shaving my head I go with the grave first...then slowly against the grain.

Now after I shave my head I mostoirize(sp) it with regular lotion. Don't use aftershave because you are burning your head and creating irritation.

Now I use the same razors above for my face but I after I shave my face I use rubbing alcohol. Again that aftershave stuff has perfumes which increase the fungus that causes razorbumps. After the alcohol cools down I shower. Don't scrub your face because shaving removes a layer of skin giving you a facial.

Rugby Acne Cream 10....the stuff they sell in stores aren't worth a shit. Go to amazon.com and I usually pay around $8 which includes shipping.

small_ljg1291734800.gif

Now this will dry your face out but the key is not to moisterize(sp) becuase you want the pimples and hairbumps to dry out. If you don't like the drying out during the day, take a shower at night and use it. I swear by this stuff!!!

exact process I use.... I dont care what kind of clippers you use it will never have an outcome of a razor... Gillette ProGlides are the ones I use.... I use them for my hair... my face... to line up my goatee... you cheating yourself if you use clippers. Use BumpPatrol if you bump up... it will clear it out.. but after you shave so much your skin gets use to and u wont bump up. Clippers take too long plus its not giving you the best finished product. I can shave my entire head and line up my goatee in 2 minutes. You do more damage to your head with clippers. If your head bumped up maybe your were using a cheap razor..... the one above will get the job done.

Last edited:
I have been using a double edge adjustable razor for years and have no problem. I used to have the same problems but someone told me about the old school adjustable holder of the double edge razor and I never looked back. My skin was trained. At first, I didn't shave real close. As time progress, my skin adapted and now I can shave real close without the bump issue.

(those holders are hard to find. You would probably need to order one online)
thumbnail.aspx

Last edited:
No clipper is going to give you nearly the shave of a razor, period. And t-outliners are basically the closest you can get. I use the gillette 5 blades on my head and my face and I don't get bumps. The only way I get bumps is if I try to go against the grain. Clipper shaving just aint the move if you want a clean shave. I have some t-outliners but I rarely use em. Try the nivea shaving gel and post shaving balm for sensitive skin.

I have been using a double edge adjustable razor for years and have no problem. I used to have the same problems but someone told me about the old school adjustable holder of the double edge razor and I never looked back. My skin was trained. At first, I didn't shave real close. As time progress, my skin adapted and now I can shave real close without the bump issue.

(those holders are hard to find. You would probably need to order one online)
thumbnail.aspx

My father used to shave like that...

No clipper is going to give you nearly the shave of a razor, period. And t-outliners are basically the closest you can get. I use the gillette 5 blades on my head and my face and I don't get bumps. The only way I get bumps is if I try to go against the grain. Clipper shaving just aint the move if you want a clean shave. I have some t-outliners but I rarely use em. Try the nivea shaving gel and post shaving balm for sensitive skin.

you bald now????

small_ljg1291734800.gif

Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Never ever used a blade on my face or head. I always used a electric razor and clippers. Those Norelco triple head razors always worked good for me.

$(KGrHqQOKo8E5Vi6Sb2TBOjkh7(BLw~~60_35.JPG

Use the PROGLIDE Razors pictured above, with the products below.

All Neutrogena products are pure and perfume-free. No sting, not irritation.

Great results . . . .

6802025_320x385.jpg

51MbxczLYCL.jpg

Last edited:
I might try one of these techniques on a holiday weekend. I shaved once with a razor while in college during football season and had to walk around with a doo rag for about a week. The back of my head looked like I had poured acid on it.

I might try one of these techniques on a holiday weekend. I shaved once with a razor while in college during football season and had to walk around with a doo rag for about a week. The back of my head looked like I had poured acid on it.

1) you need to find what is best for YOUR skin, it's good to get advice, but what works for YOUR SKIN. Like for me I can shave my head or face with a razor and never bump up, unless I dont wash properly before and after the shave.

2) dont try to different techniques too often, that's just as bad for your skin. You need to train and get your skin acclimated to what ever soap, cream, gel, razor, etc you are going to use. If you switch too often it will irritate your skin. ( I actually read an article a few months ago that talked about all the different products they have out for men, especially with the different scents, is doing more harm than good for mien's skin health).

3) I know you know this, but sometimes it helps to reaffirm stuff.

you bald now????

Yea I shaved it off a few months ago. I started receding in the front and wasn't about to be walking around lookin crazy like some of these dudes so I went and grabbed some t-outliners and shaved it off. Didn't start with razors since I was scared it was going to mess up my head since my skin was sensitive as hell but I hyped myself up to do it about a week after I shaved it and didn't look back. Watched about 50 youtube clips of dudes shaving their head first though lol. With the clippers I was having to shave that ish every morning. With the razor I do my head every 3 days and my face every other day.

Real talk though women love shaved heads. Plus I will NEVER EVER go to a barber shop again now.

Never ever used a blade on my face or head. I always used a electric razor and clippers. Those Norelco triple head razors always worked good for me.

$(KGrHqQOKo8E5Vi6Sb2TBOjkh7(BLw~~60_35.JPG

Now THIS is what gave me bumps. I tried to shave with this thing twice and it had my face looking like potted meat.

Back