Ray

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
So, who's going to see it, today?

ray_lg.jpg

I am going to do my best to see it tonite. I might just order my tickets online to avoid lines. I had a pass to go see it a week ago but I wasn't feeling well.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I plan to see it but i don't know if I'm going to make it today. Jamie has been all over the place since making this movie.

This is going to set him up for good roles in the near future...

I plan to see it but probably not tonight. I gotta get ready for the MCC. Jamie is showcasing all his talent this year.

I will be going on the road today, but will make sure I find the nearest movie theater to see "Ray" tonight.

Jamie got a record deal out of this too.

I rarely go to movies on opening nights (I hate the crowds).

I'll probably wait a few weeks before I go see and go to a matinee.

I when to see Ray this weekend it was great. Jamie Fox played that role. I give it :tup: :tup:

Please go and see it. People actually clap at the end of it. :)

One of the best movies I've seen in a very long time...Jamie gets his Oscar vote from me. :tup: He played the hell out of Ray Charles.

The movie sold out everywhere!

2 thumps up !!! Great movie !!

Lengthy but great !!

Jamie was awesome !

THe movie kind of reminds me of "Why Do Fools Fall in Love"

Here's this past weekend's box office numbers:

http://www.eurweb.com/story.cfm?id=17112

*Roughly two million more people preferred to see a Japanese ghost haunt Sarah Michelle Gellar than take in Universal?s biopic of the late Ray Charles last weekend. According to early box office projections Sunday, ?The Grudge? was on track to earn $22.4 million in ticket sales, followed by the $20.1 million expected by ?Ray,? starring Jamie Foxx as the late musical genius.

Two-thirds of the audience was aged over 30, and 59 percent was black, Universal said. Exit polls showed that 99 percent of viewers rated the movie "very good" or "excellent," the studio added. Additionally, the "definite recommend" score was in the 90 percent range, against a norm in the 50 percent range, indicating that word-of-mouth will keep the film in theaters through awards season.

As previously reported, "Ray" took 15 years for its director, Taylor Hackford, to bring to the big screen due to disinterest from Hollywood studios. Universal Pictures picked up the completed film earlier this year after Denver billionaire Philip Anschutz footed the estimated $30 million budget himself.

The low-budget thriller "Saw," co-starring Danny Glover, came in third with $17.4 million, followed by ?Shark Tale? at No. 4 with $8.0 million, and fifth-ranked ?Shall We Dance?s?? $6.3 million. Nicole Kidman?s creepy ?Birth,? about a 10-year-old boy who claims to be her dead husband, opened at No. 11 with only $1.7 million.

Rounding out the top ten:

6. ?Friday Night Lights?

7. ?Ladder 49?

8. ?Team America: World Police?

9. ?Surviving Christmas?

10. ?Taxi?

I had a chance to go and see "Ray", this is a great movie. Jamie Foxx does a great job, so great that you dont see Jamie while watching this film, all you see is Ray Charles.

Great movie.

I felt the same way, as you continue to watch the movie you damn near forget Foxx is playing the part of Ray Charles.

Forgive my ingnorance, but I didn't realize Ray Charles was such a big star in his early years, I really enjoyed the music in this movie. Dude, was the man. RESPECT.

Why was the wifey crying everytime the little boy playing Ray was on the screen, powerful acting by all. :bowdown:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
jag77 said:
Why was the wifey crying everytime the little boy playing Ray was on the screen, powerful acting by all. :bowdown:

Hey Jag 77!! :wavey: [off topic...um, when you go email me some pics of the family????]

Anyway, I cried every single time they did a flash back to that little boy. I just wanted to reach out and hug him.

That movie was good, good, good and Jamie was the bomb, bomb, bomb!!

All the actors were excellent and it was a great cast. I wish we had seen more of Ray's relationship with Quincy Jones. Good job in casting Larenz Tate as Q. It's amazing how much Ray's wife put up with, but that was the norm back then I suppose. Ray must have been some man...those women luv-ed-ed them some Ray Charles Robinson.

The movie was longer than expected, but it was almost over before I realize how long I had been in there. And you do completely forget that you are looking at Jamie. I know Ray was a very funny man, but I'm sure that Jamie added his own sense of humor to the role as well.

Even though it didn't win the box office weekend, I'm more than certain that it will outgross The Grudge in the long run. Won't even be a contest.

Jag-Tig said:
Hey Jag 77!! :wavey: [off topic...um, when you go email me some pics of the family????]

Anyway, I cried every single time they did a flash back to that little boy. I just wanted to reach out and hug him.

That movie was good, good, good and Jamie was the bomb, bomb, bomb!!

All the actors were excellent and it was a great cast. I wish we had seen more of Ray's relationship with Quincy Jones. Good job in casting Larenz Tate as Q. It's amazing how much Ray's wife put up with, but that was the norm back then I suppose. Ray must have been some man...those women luv-ed-ed them some Ray Charles Robinson.

The movie was longer than expected, but it was almost over before I realize how long I had been in there. And you do completely forget that you are looking at Jamie. I know Ray was a very funny man, but I'm sure that Jamie added his own sense of humor to the role as well.

Even though it didn't win the box office weekend, I'm more than certain that it will outgross The Grudge in the long run. Won't even be a contest.
U ain't ever lied...Ray must have really been laying the pipe well. :emlaugh:

SU's Finest '93 said:
U ain't ever lied...Ray must have really being laying the pipe well. :emlaugh:

Um, ok, I know this is AWFUL, but uh, you know, I um found myself wondering just how much a man Ray really was... ahem I guess if you can't be blessed with all of your senses, you might as well be blessed with, um, the ability to please women... :nod:

Good, but too dayum long! Good gracious that movie is 3 hours long!!!!!!

Anyway yall screaming about how much of a man Ray must have been between the sheets....why? He had money, and we all know when it comes to women and a man with money, they will put up with a whole lot of ish. Hell dudes with no money have 14 kids, but nobody is aplauding thir sperm.......but I digress.

It was good. Jamie had Ray's mannerisms and everything down. Excellent job. Loved Larenz and Regina's skills in the movie.

It was toooooooooooooooo long.

Suge said:
Good, but too dayum long! Good gracious that movie is 3 hours long!!!!!!

Anyway yall screaming about how much of a man Ray must have been between the sheets....why? He had money, and we all know when it comes to women and a man with money, they will put up with a whole lot of ish. Hell dudes with no money have 14 kids, but nobody is aplauding thir sperm.......but I digress.

Naw, I have to respectfully disagree. My point was based on simplicity and human nature. You contridicted yourself...it wasn't about the number of kids nor was it about 'applauding his sperm' or about money. It was about the fact that there had to be something more than just money. The money came later.

His first two wives (the movie is about his second wife) dealt with his crap way before the money was pouring in. Trust me, I know a whole lotta women who stayed with men because of their abilities in bed. Ya'll know that ain't nothing new. All I'm saying is that there are some women who feel like ain't no man giving it as good as their man...so they are willing to share...money or no money.

That's all I was saying. I wasn't glorifying it or making him out to be THE man. Just saying that he must have been very persausive to be a BLIND man, even before his career took off.

Ok, continue with the reviews.

Back