Rapper Young Dolph killed in Memphis

I definitely knew the name but not necessarily the music. In fact, I could tell you more about Makeda’s Cookie joint where he was gunned down (real good & down to earth peeps).

So I spent time checking him out on interviews. From my observation, he seemed genuine. I’ve also seen so many former students and youngsters that I know in the city showing him nothing but respect and love. I’m still learning about the beefs he may have had (or more so, what someone may have had with him).

The only thing I can conclude is that he was a victim of some typical hating. He was in the city briefly to continue what he was already doing for years which was to share his resources. My life’s work is for ish like this to never happen, so to say this disturbs me even more now that I’ve learned about him more is an understatement.

1. It wasn't Soulja Boy. You can critcize SB for a lot of things but he's more bark than bite

2. As you correct said, this was some street s__ and more than one dude wanted him gone. The guy who allegedly killed him may have some ties to 1-2 of the people who Dolph had issues with. Dolph purchased a couple of bullet proof cars so they caught him slipping in the Lambo at the cookie shop

3. He was lowkey doing some real power move stuff buying up property in Memphis so to see him taken out like this is just disheartening but I hope some more Memphis rappers continue to carry out his vision (because "they" are starting to buy up Memphis like they did ATL)

The streets is saying that the guy who allegedly killed Dolph was related to the cookie shop owner (remember that Dolph was killed in a Vette so his guard was definitely down)

Memphis is gonna be hot for a while until the alleged individuals and family are no longer here in the physical

There was a story on Fox 13 about 2 hours ago that has now been taking off the website. A 16 year old had been arrested, and they stated his name and posted a picture in the article, which as a juvenile, they usually don't do. That cat must have snitched on the guy they are looking for now.

There was a story on Fox 13 about 2 hours ago that has now been taking off the website. A 16 year old had been arrested, and they stated his name and posted a picture in the article, which as a juvenile, they usually don't do. That cat must have snitched on the guy they are looking for now.
The blogs/youtubers basically solved this case weeks ago. There are videos back in early December naming this exact dude as the shooter. He filmed a music video in front of the house they found the getaway car at.

The blogs/youtubers basically solved this case weeks ago. There are videos back in early December naming this exact dude as the shooter. He filmed a music video in front of the house they found the getaway car at.

Yeah they are WAY behind on this as usual

RIP to this dude and the other ahead of time before it actually happens smh

The Feds raided a house in my neighborhood Thursday looking for a suspect. Apparently a girl that lives here is linked to one of the suspects but he was not there. They came DEEP and heavily armed!!!

I just read somewhere a new rapper in florida was murdered in his own neighborhood. That might be one of the most high risk careers out there if you choose gangsta rap. I'd have to just go the Drake route.. sing to women and just do hooks and verses for the gangstas.
Honestly, I think the biggest differences is rappers a decade or two ago were mostly affiliated with gangs/crews but not actively in that life. You got active gang members and people really in the streets doing music now. That makes them a bigger target. King Yella (chicago artist) said he was out filming a video and dude he didn't even know, just drove up beside him and shot him. Dude recognized him from youtube and was like, oh belong to such and such set. Like Charlemagne always says, if you do real crime, you shouldn't rap.

The problem is we don't have rappers like this today

View: https://youtu.be/jxyYP_bS_6s

Honestly, I think the biggest differences is rappers a decade or two ago were mostly affiliated with gangs/crews but not actively in that life. You got active gang members and people really in the streets doing music now. That makes them a bigger target. King Yella (chicago artist) said he was out filming a video and dude he didn't even know, just drove up beside him and shot him. Dude recognized him from youtube and was like, oh belong to such and such set. Like Charlemagne always says, if you do real crime, you shouldn't rap.

Many record companies (which are white owned) believe that rap must be gangsta to be any good.
The record companies cater to the sales. Drake shows that it can be done without having to be all about killing. People go with what's popular. Hell Tupac went to a school for the arts.. dude wasn't in the streets like that until he started fooling with rap. With most folks, you try to get them to listen to Mos Def or Little Brother and they'll label it as "conscious", which they don't care to hear. But throw some shoot em up over a beat and people love it.

Back