Rap fans...UGK...

Originally posted by jelli
Who do you think is the better rapper Pimp C or Bun-B ?

Help settle an argument....

Forgive my age and ignorance... Are these real performers? I've never heard of them. :(

Re: Re: Rap fans...UGK...

Originally posted by AAMU Big Dawg

Forgive my age and ignorance... Are these real performers? I've never heard of them. :(
YEs, they are rappers of the group UGK(Under ground Kings). They are out of Port Arthur Texas. They had really big hit back in the early 90s called "Pocket full of Stones" this song was featured in the movie Dangerous Minds.

My vote is for Pimp C.

Re: Re: Rap fans...UGK...

Originally posted by AAMU Big Dawg

They were also those two other dudes rappin on the song "Big Pimpin" by Jay Z.

Both of tthem fools are mic tight....no dobut!!!

And there are my favorite souther rap dup as well....

But I will go with my boy Pimp C....and he's on lock right now....

but them foolz is hot on the mic....

"Riding Dirty" is a 100% classic in the south period...

Here's the argument that prompted this thread. My homeboy at work was saying that Pimp C don't be talk about nothing when he raps. He says Pimp C says stupid sh*t where as Bun B says a story and his lyrics are tight. He says lyrically Bun B is the man.

I say that may be so but Pimp C has the pizzaz when you raps...I mean "Pocket Full of Stones" was one of my all time favorite songs and my favorite part if the song is the Pimp C rhyme.

I think they're both kinda tit-for-tat.

They remind me of Outkast. Andre and Big Boi both have similar skills, but Andre is the more flamboyant of the two.

So, when I consider UGK, Pimp-C (aka Sweet James Jones) is the more flamboyant, based on how his voice comes across. But I wouldn't say he's the better lyricist, because in most rap duos, one person writes the entire rap; not only his part, but the other guy's part as well.

Just like Eightball and MJG. Eightball is the true 'front man' of the duo. But that's because of who he is, and how he looks. But MJG spits verse with Eight line-for-line. But on several of their early albums, MJG wrote the entire rap, even Eight's parts.

Look at Public Enemy. Chuck-D was the 'front man' there too. But most people only remember Flava Flav and his big clock and wild hats, and craziness on stage. But he co-wrote most of Chuck-D's lines....

Re: Re: Re: Rap fans...UGK...

YEs, they are rappers of the group UGK(Under ground Kings). They are out of Port Arthur Texas. They had really big hit back in the early 90s called "Pocket full of Stones" this song was featured in the movie Dangerous Minds.

My vote is for Pimp C.

Pocket Full of Stones was also on the Menace to Society soundtrack.

Here's the argument that prompted this thread. My homeboy at work was saying that Pimp C don't be talk about nothing when he raps. He says Pimp C says stupid sh*t where as Bun B says a story and his lyrics are tight. He says lyrically Bun B is the man.

I say that may be so but Pimp C has the pizzaz when you raps...I mean "Pocket Full of Stones" was one of my all time favorite songs and my favorite part if the song is the Pimp C rhyme.
Jelli,
I Told you not to listen to him. He doesnt know what he is tallking about.

:|

Being that I'm str8 outta Port Arthur Texas I feel I must speak on this topic.

IMO Bun B is a better lyricist and rapper. Not saying that Pimp C doens't bring it, but he sometimes sounds like your average Houston freestyler. Bun B on the other hand had me laughin the first time I heard "Ain't that a Bit**." He spits a lot of truths about PA and its just fun to hear them for me. And on Big Pimpin, his verse made the whole song to me. Pimp C was aiight and Jay Z really didin't do anything for me.

Now I wanna go play all the cds back to back and really do an analysis.

Re: Re: Re: Rap fans...UGK...

My vote is for Pimp C.

you can't forget good ol "take it off" either.

Ima go with Bun B. He's tighter lyrically.

Taylor-Made I was all ready to jump on your case when you started talking about 8ball and MJG. I thought you where about to say 8 was the better of the two.

MJG and Big Boi have got to be two of the tightest lyrical MC's in the South.

My co-worker says that Bun B wrote most of the lyrics for the first album so that makes him the better lyricist.....

Originally posted by Blacknbengal

So does this means that he is locked up in jail? :confused:

yep...Pimp C is in jail right now for violating his probation.....he gonna be out in a minute....

one...

Originally posted by jag77
Ima go with Bun B. He's tighter lyrically.

Taylor-Made I was all ready to jump on your case when you started talking about 8ball and MJG. I thought you where about to say 8 was the better of the two.

MJG and Big Boi have got to be two of the tightest lyrical MC's in the South.

Naaaa fool....

8 is just FAT.......MJG raps circles about 'im......His nappy headed arse:dude:

Sweet Jones will go down as one of the top 10 MCs of all time. He has never ryhmed a wack verse in his career.

Bun B is good, but Jones is the illest.

Back