R there crabs in the SWAC

True enough, "They dont make crabs like they used to" and the mentality of them has also changed too. When I was a crab, I KNEW without a doubt I was going to be treated like a crab and that was some of the funniest times Iv'e had. Some of it wasn't funny then, but now looking back, I'm glad I had to go through something to become something so much greater and to get an appreciation of the history of the organizations to which I belong. Now, the crabs KNOW that nobody better touch them or they'll call mama! :whine: and:bawling: Now for those of you who want to really crab freshmen, BE CAREFUL! These days you cant just go up to a crab and just start doging (hitting, pinching, nipple twisting, side twisting, giving neck, or whatever your band does) them off the bat. You have to give them time to trust you as an upperclassman. Be sturn and definately critique them and teach them their mistakes, and help them. They will respect you and learn to trust you and just when youv'e earned their trust :saw: Thats when the real fun starts! Just my opinion

Originally posted by Prof K
True enough, "They dont make crabs like they used to" and the mentality of them has also changed too. When I was a crab, I KNEW without a doubt I was going to be treated like a crab and that was some of the funniest times Iv'e had. Some of it wasn't funny then, but now looking back, I'm glad I had to go through something to become something so much greater and to get an appreciation of the history of the organizations to which I belong. Now, the crabs KNOW that nobody better touch them or they'll call mama! :whine: and:bawling: Now for those of you who want to really crab freshmen, BE CAREFUL! These days you cant just go up to a crab and just start doging (hitting, pinching, nipple twisting, side twisting, giving neck, or whatever your band does) them off the bat. You have to give them time to trust you as an upperclassman. Be sturn and definately critique them and teach them their mistakes, and help them. They will respect you and learn to trust you and just when youv'e earned their trust :saw: Thats when the real fun starts! Just my opinion
crabbing was the best year in the band for me... that is when i made most of my long time friends. the movie drumline was good for entertainment purposes but if we would have had a crab to show up with a black t-shirt on, he or she would have gotten dug up so fast they would have had no chance to ask why until after they got up off the ground. but those were the good old days. these new fangle chumps are killing the bands that we built. how would anybody out there like it if somebody came in your house and kicked out a wall just because they didn't like it.....who was in the house first. these new fangled chumps are killing the bands..........:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

Well in M4 if you are a freshman in band that means you are a crab if you Skull is thicker than your hair you are a crab we still crab in our band!!!

Originally posted by 98LastRip
What the L is going on. I've been to plenty games this year and it seems as if there are no such thing as crabs. My band has issues with this. You can't tell the difference between a crab and a upperclassmen. What's goin on? Has anyone noticed this? Besides that where has the disiplane gone. I was at a game last night and i'm not going to put anyone out there but it was a shame how this band director had to act to get his drummers to stop playing, band to sit down, etc.. There is no reason why the head man has to do that. It's a shame. current band members need to know your role..

is it just me?:eek2:

Just look the other way C.B. it's a new age

Also, have you all noticed how the band directors are not making it better, telling them they don't have to do what the upperclassmen tell them to do and stuff. Or maybe it is just me.

Originally posted by WaterBoy2
Also, have you all noticed how the band directors are not making it better, telling them they don't have to do what the upperclassmen tell them to do and stuff. Or maybe it is just me.

That is Sooooooooo true! The Directors seem to chew out oldheads more than they do the Crabs. This makes it a whole lot easier for the "freshmen" to slide their way into the sections. This is making bands worse, because those same no-playin', disrespectin, sorry arse crabs become section leaders someday!
:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

Newsflash: BD's have been tellin' crabs that since the SWAC became the conference it is back in the 60's. Get it right folk. Adjust and adapt....and no I'm not a crab and yes, if I had it my way crabbin' would be the way it should IMO.

Wake up-
white t-shirt
when not playing, sitting at attention
No braids during crab year
black sweats and spats at dress rehearsal
* there's some other stuff too but "motivation" doesn't have to get out of hand

oh and I almost forgot.....all foine women can crab with me even if they've already crabbed a previous year. You will not need underwear for this "induction" period.:D

Originally posted by lilC
Newsflash: BD's have been tellin' crabs that since the SWAC became the conference it is back in the 60's. Get it right folk. Adjust and adapt....and no I'm not a crab and yes, if I had it my way crabbin' would be the way it should IMO.

Wake up-
white t-shirt

oh and I almost forgot.....all foine women can crab with me even if they've already crabbed a previous year. You will not need underwear for this "induction" period.:D
lil c you are off the chain......my brother.....:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Originally posted by Crunchy B
That is Sooooooooo true! The Directors seem to chew out oldheads more than they do the Crabs. This makes it a whole lot easier for the "freshmen" to slide their way into the sections. This is making bands worse, because those same no-playin', disrespectin, sorry arse crabs become section leaders someday!
that is the scariest part of the hold thing. how can somebody that doesn't know isht teach somebody anything. they will both be in line stupid together......:( :( :( :( :( :(

Originally posted by Crunchy B

It wouldn't happen as much people did more teaching than "motivating." Everyone wants their section to be the hardest, but what happens if you have a section of hard mofos that can't play or lead for isht? I've personally seen bands get better in the course of a year when they weeded that stuff out.

Originally posted by lilC

Wake up-
white t-shirt

The good old days...

Back