R. Kelly's New Song

northern tiger said:
The passing of judgement needs to cease. If ya don't like it don't buy it or listen to it. Just concern yourself with what the radio stations play that is not decnet for our young people to hear.

I dont buy or listen.

Have you all heard the song Opening The Closet by Trey Songz? It's from the perspective of the husband who's about to open up the closet door. Very interesting...

Venom Skywalker said:
Just curious Antroy, but does him telling a story about infidelity and gay preachers some how make him a bad person? I personally don't care for the pedophile although I enjoy his music but how does him telling a story equate to him going to hell?

If so, what does that make the folks who listen to his music? :eek:

northern tiger said:
The passing of judgement needs to cease. If ya don't like it don't buy it or listen to it. Just concern yourself with what the radio stations play that is not decnet for our young people to hear.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you on this. You're right. People need to stop passing judgement. If you don't like his music, don't listen or buy his music. There has to be some kind of curiosity or interest to be in this thread.

CriTAUcal said:
I can't believe I'm agreeing with you on this. You're right. People need to stop passing judgement. If you don't like his music, don't listen or buy his music. There has to be some kind of curiosity or interest to be in this thread.

This is proof that one day we will come together as a people. :lol:

Well if y'all were shocked on part I, wait until you get a hold of part II. Should make for great videos.

As far as supporting R. Kelly, it's to each his own. You either like him, or you don't. I've never seen the video, and don't want to see it, so I can't, or won't pass judgement on him. If his case ever goes to trial, I'll let the courts deal with him, but as long as he's still making good music, I'll listen, and buy it.

NICE

Venom Skywalker said:
Just curious Antroy, but does him telling a story about infidelity and gay preachers some how make him a bad person? I personally don't care for the pedophile although I enjoy his music but how does him telling a story equate to him going to hell?

Hell, how many people on this board have talked about infidelity and/or gay preachers? Does that make us all bad?

Justin...

Janis Hunter was a 16 year-old high school sophomore when she walked into a Los Angeles studio in March of 1973 with her mother Barbara and was introduced to a then 33-year-old Marvin Gaye. Gaye was recording his 1973 classic Let's Get it On and by all reports was immediately smitten with the mature teen-age girl. Hunter's full impact on Gaye can be heard on the deluxe edition of Gaye's Let's Get It On (2001), which contains versions of the title track recorded before and after Gaye's initial meeting with Hunter. It is the post-Hunter version of the song that has become the classic ode to soulful ecstasy. By the time Gaye released I Want You (a sexual ode to Ms. Hunter) in mid-March of 1976, he had fathered two children with Hunter: Nona (born in September of 1974) and Frankie Gaye. The duo would finally marry a year later, once Gaye's divorce to Anna Gordy Gaye (sister of Berry) was finalized.

Well, part 3 of this song is out!! I heard on Hot 107.9 in Atlanta today. While this one didn't live up to the previous 2 parts, it was still good.

Antroy said:
Well, part 3 of this song is out!! I heard on Hot 107.9 in Atlanta today. While this one didn't live up to the previous 2 parts, it was still good.

I just heard Part 3.

All I can say is dude is something else.

I heard Part III this morning. I want to know the identity of the man who answered the phone at R Kelley's house. :lmao: :lmao:

kellis said:
I heard Part III this morning. I want to know the identity of the man who answered the phone at R Kelley's house. :lmao: :lmao:

Wouldn't it be funny if it was Mr. Biggs that was at his house servicing is "ol' lady".

cat daddy said:
Wouldn't it be funny if it was Mr. Biggs that was at his house servicing is "ol' lady".

Now that would be a serious case of "what goes around comes around".

LOL

I finally heard part II today. Cat Daddy - I now understand what you were telling me about hearing part II. The radio station played parts I & II back to back as if they were one song. Now, I'm going to have listen out for part III. I'm fascinated by what will happen next in this story.

R. Kelly is a very good storyteller. He definitely has marketing 101 down with this set of songs. The story makes you want to listen.

silentrage said:
I finally heard part II today. Cat Daddy - I now understand what you were telling me about hearing part II. The radio station played parts I & II back to back as if they were one song. Now, I'm going to have listen out for part III. I'm fascinated by what will happen next in this story.

R. Kelly is a very good storyteller. He definitely has marketing 101 down with this set of songs. The story makes you want to listen.

Yes indeed. He has cornered the early summer music buzz. He has everybody talking about this set of songs.

Back