Question for the GREEKS

TSU_OceanOfSoul

Let's say u attend a college that doesn't have any OMEGA'S, ALPHA'S, KAPPA'S, etc. and u wanted to pledge one of the fraternities listed. Is there a way that u could pledge at a near by college that had these available. Or is that just something u just can't do anything about. And if there is who would u talk 2. What would be required if this is possible. Would u have to attend the college or university before even being considered. Kinda curious and just wanted to get some insight

Let's say u attend a college that doesn't have any OMEGA'S, ALPHA'S, KAPPA'S, etc. and u wanted to pledge one of the fraternities listed. Is there a way that u could pledge at a near by college that had these available. Or is that just something u just can't do anything about. And if there is who would u talk 2. What would be required if this is possible. Would u have to attend the college or university before even being considered. Kinda curious and just wanted to get some insight

Good question Ocean....:tup:

I know it can be done in Sororities.

My cousin attended Belhaven in Jackson, but she pledged(DST) at Millsaps because Belhaven doesn't have a chapter. :)
It is known as cross-pledging. If I'm not mistaken, it can only be done if the university you attend does NOT have a chapter at all. I don't believe you can cross-pledge if the chapter has been suspended.

You may also see about starting a charter at the college/university, if it's never had a chapter. Contact the national office of the respective organization.

I'm kinda mad that you goto Texas Southern and left out the Sigmas... But oh well.

As far as Sigma is concerned. It all depends on the reason why the campus doesnt have a chapter.
  1. If the campus never had a chapter of Sigma, they will allow you to pledge at another campus.
  2. If the campus never had a chapter of Sigma, you and a few other interested parties can charter a new chapter on that campus.
  3. If the campus did have a chapter of Sigma but they are suspended, there is nothing you can do but wait til the suspension is over.
  4. If the campus did have a chapter of Sigma but the suspension is over and no one reactivated the chapter, you can request to reactivate the chapter through the graduate chapter.
  5. If the campus had a chapter but it got the death penality many years ago, you and a few others can opt to re-charter on the campus.

There are many different options you can do...

Yeah, you can.

At AAMU we've had some Bruhz that went to UAH (University of Alabama Huntsville) that pledged Nu Epsilon. It can be done. Just talk to some of the Brothers from the campus that is near and talk to the advisor for that campus.

Good luck if this scenerio applies to you.

With the Ques there would have to be an intermediate chapter to go through.

Not that many IC around any more sands. I know of Bruhz that have went to outher accedited universities and pledged on the same line/same chapter as their larger counterparts.

In fact the most known IC is Kappa Alpha in Washington D.C.

I think you can also try the graduate chapter for the area that you are in if there is no undergrad chapter on your campus. Michael Jordan pledged the Grad chapter while at UNC even though he was in undergrad at the time. I can't remember the specifics of what went down. One of the bruhs from UNC mentioned that to me. A few years before I moved to Tucson, AZ, the Undergrad Chapter at the University of Arizona was inactive for a few years, but some of the Grad bruhs re-actived the chapter and now the chapter has a line each year.

Not that many IC around any more sands. I know of Bruhz that have went to outher accedited universities and pledged on the same line/same chapter as their larger counterparts.

In fact the most known IC is Kappa Alpha in Washington D.C.

True, that is possible also!

My sands that went to school at The University of Northern Arizona pledged the Phi Iota(Grad chapter) in Phoenix. There is no chapter at UNA so all the people intersted in the Psi Phi have to pledge the Phi Iota chapter. They could pledge the chapter that I pledged Delta Alpha Alpha in Tucson, but Phoenix is closer.

My sands that went to school at The University of Northern Arizona pledged the Phi Iota(Grad chapter) in Phoenix. There is no chapter at UNA so all the people intersted in the Psi Phi have to pledge the Phi Iota chapter. They could pledge the chapter that I pledged Delta Alpha Alpha in Tucson, but Phoenix is closer.

Did they take the name of the undergraduate chapter or the Graduate one?

I be hating mofo's that dont clain they isht!!!!

Good question Ocean....:tup:

I know it can be done in Sororities.

My cousin attended Belhaven in Jackson, but she pledged(DST) at Millsaps because Belhaven doesn't have a chapter. :)
It is known as cross-pledging. If I'm not mistaken, it can only be done if the university you attend does NOT have a chapter at all. I don't believe you can cross-pledge if the chapter has been suspended.

Very true. In some locales, Delta has what is called a city-wide chapter. The chapter is based at two or more universities. For example, the sorors at Tulane and Loyola University (New Orleans) belong to Mu Nu Citywide Chapter. I wanna say there is a citywide chapter in the Austin, TX also.

I'm kinda mad that you goto Texas Southern and left out the Sigmas... But oh well.

As far as Sigma is concerned. It all depends on the reason why the campus doesnt have a chapter.
  1. If the campus never had a chapter of Sigma, they will allow you to pledge at another campus.
  2. If the campus never had a chapter of Sigma, you and a few other interested parties can charter a new chapter on that campus.
  3. If the campus did have a chapter of Sigma but they are suspended, there is nothing you can do but wait til the suspension is over.
  4. If the campus did have a chapter of Sigma but the suspension is over and no one reactivated the chapter, you can request to reactivate the chapter through the graduate chapter.
  5. If the campus had a chapter but it got the death penality many years ago, you and a few others can opt to re-charter on the campus.

There are many different options you can do...

My bad kinfolk, just didn't wanna start off naming all frats just entered those three becuase i have friends already in those. And I am no longer at TSU I left in the fall and now attend HCC. I never heard of HCC having a chapter of any frat. So my question is if i wanted to pledge MphiM would TSU allow me or would i have to re-enroll.

It's TSU man... You already know what they are going to say.
"you must be a full time student taking at least 12 hrs with at 2.5 GPA."

Try the Graduate Chapter, They may make special provisions for HCC student.

It's TSU man... You already know what they are going to say.
"you must be a full time student taking at least 12 hrs with at 2.5 GPA."

Try the Graduate Chapter, They may make special provisions for HCC student.

Yeah, i know. i figured they would stick to that. was just goin out on a limb.

Back