Ques..I have a question

Good question ER, and I think numbers wise, it is about even. There are some AA's that want to be a part of the white frats and sorors. I see it quite often at some of the larger PWC's when we take kids on recruiting trips etc.

I think the ultimate lure of BGLO's to us and to them is the brotherhood and sisterhood, and how it is not just "something to do" in college, but a life long pledge.

I emboldened those words because that's exactly what a White female co-worker of mine told me. I was dropping off a ticket to a black female co-worker and the white co-worker gave a contribution and asked that I give the ticket to some one that might want to attend (she was headed to Lafayette..."yeah right"...and wouldn't be able to attend). But her comment was, "I wish our sorority was active in the community after graduation. That's cool."

I emboldened those words because that's exactly what a White female co-worker of mine told me. I was dropping off a ticket to a black female co-worker and the white co-worker gave a contribution and asked that I give the ticket to some one that might want to attend (she was headed to Lafayette..."yeah right"...and wouldn't be able to attend). But her comment was, "I wish our sorority was active in the community after graduation. That's cool."

Heard that alot when I was working at Entergy.

Question......Why is that the "whites" want to join our Fraternities and Sororities, but we don't want to be a part of theirs? I haven't seen any African-Americans wanting to join the white fraternities and sororities!!!!!

Not true. Blacks join predominantly white sororities and fraternities as well.

Back