Ques..I have a question

pbla

Focus
How do yall feel about a white dude pledging Omega Psi Phi? A co-worker of mine son's room mate who is White told her son that he wants to pledge "Q" at Central Arkansas. She asked me what I think,I told well I'm not an Omega but I just told her that young students don't realize it's more than just pledging and wearing a T-shirt.

How do yall feel about a white dude pledging Omega Psi Phi? A co-worker of mine son's room mate who is White told her son that he wants to pledge "Q" at Central Arkansas. She asked me what I think,I told well I'm not an Omega but I just told her that young students don't realize it's more than just pledging and wearing a T-shirt.

Tell her to tell her son to go for it. He needs to just go talk to the bruhz.
I've met a few white bruhz and they were cool and knowledgeable about the Frat as well other things that are dear to the frat. Tell her to tell him Omega ain't nothing like pledging these white frats:rolly:!Tell him he needs to know the history of the frat.

I've met a few white bruhz and they were cool and knowledgeable about the Frat as well other things that are dear to the frat. Tell her to tell him Omega ain't nothing like pledging these white frats:rolly:!Tell him he needs to know the history of the frat.

:tup: Good advice.

I can't speak for all members of the Divine Nine, but most of them have members who are of races other than African-American. I personally know a white member of Omega Psi Phi, currently an undergraduate, and he is a hardworking bruh for his chapter.

The first non-black Omega I met pledged in Fall of 84. So this is not something new. If he wants it and has the right attitude along with some other things that are required we will be more than happy to do what we do!!!

I've seen quite a few white Bruhz during my time in the frat. If he has Enthusiasm and wants it tell him to holla at the Bruhz.

There are white members of AKA. Right here in Baton Rouge, there is a white AKA who is a very active member of Gamma Eta Omega Chapter and she pledged at the University of Southern Mississippi. :eek: I asked her WHY :lol: and she said she admired AKA and their community service and they way they handled themselves on campus and wanted to become a part of what they were all about. She is dedicated, hard working, smart, outgoing, sisterly and a wonderful example of finer womanhood. I am proud to call her my soror!

There were several at the conclave. Met the 1st white Brother in 1971 and we still keep in touch. He will be tried by the young Bros.

If he will be beneficial to the fraternity, why would we not take him. I met a white bruh from Cali a few months ago and he was cool. I say go for it

There are white members of AKA. Right here in Baton Rouge, there is a white AKA who is a very active member of Gamma Eta Omega Chapter and she pledged at the University of Southern Mississippi. :eek: I asked her WHY :lol: and she said she admired AKA and their community service and they way they handled themselves on campus and wanted to become a part of what they were all about. She is dedicated, hard working, smart, outgoing, sisterly and a wonderful example of finer womanhood. I am proud to call her my soror!

Very Active. She's cool as a fan too. :tup:

Met a couple of white Alphas from LSU and Southeastern. The ones at SELU I met are very active and love the Phrat to death.

Very Active. She's cool as a fan too. :tup:

Met a couple of white Alphas from LSU and Southeastern. The ones at SELU I met are very active and love the Phrat to death.

Yes Ive met some really cool white Phrat!! Remember Love for ALL Mankind!!!!!!

Off Topic.......
Ah Phrat???
Is ya Coming to the "H" this weekend???

Cool advice :tup: I saw a white Omega while in DC for Boule.

Stephanie! I met her during Regionals in April in Baton Rouge. She was helping out at registration and was very nice. She appears to be a hard worker. :nod:
We have several white Sorors and our Supreme Basileus just appointed an undergraduate white Soror as Undergraduate Member at Large during our Centennial Boule. We now have a diverse board.

Yeah I know who you're talking about!! She really cool. She comes to alot of my chapter's functions.

Man,I've met Mexican, Puerto Rican, Phillipino(sp) bruhz. All have been good brothers and embraced as such. Nothing new there.

I don't see a problem with it. I've seen several white bruhs and even a hispanic bruh. Friendship is Essential to the Soul.

Question......Why is that the "whites" want to join our Fraternities and Sororities, but we don't want to be a part of theirs? I haven't seen any African-Americans wanting to join the white fraternities and sororities!!!!!

Good question ER, and I think numbers wise, it is about even. There are some AA's that want to be a part of the white frats and sorors. I see it quite often at some of the larger PWC's when we take kids on recruiting trips etc.

I think the ultimate lure of BGLO's to us and to them is the brotherhood and sisterhood, and how it is not just "something to do" in college, but a life long pledge.

Back