Queen of the Damned

S

SUPAKAT69

This is one that you might want to wait for on DVD.......

If you've read the book, you'll know what I'm talking about.....
The movie only told about 35% of the story......character development was very poor......
And the beautiful Aaliyah's parts were very limited........her accent and her movements were "laughable" like one of those old "Transylvanian" vampire movies.....
I recall them saying that she had completed all of the work for this movie prior to her passing......but she still wasn't in the movie that much. Plus the part of the queen (Akasha) is a very important part in the storyline.....and that wasn't shown in the movie.

Very disapointing........ :smh:

Who else saw this movie?? Questions?? Comments??

I downloaded black hawk down and john q last night......black hawk down sucked but john q was pretty good.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by unknown1
I downloaded black hawk down and john q last night......black hawk down sucked but john q was pretty good.

There was a line of folks at the theater waiting to see John Q.....I should have saw that instead of wasting my $8 (x's 2...me and the baby's mams :rolleyes: )

You say you downloaded these movies.....how'd you do that???

www.kazaa.com

If you're on 56k or lower don't even attempt it.

I know that it won't work here at work........... :(

Seeing that you know alot about P.C.'s maybe you can help me then........

I'm going to buy myself a P.C. next week (Tax Returns!!! :D)
But I'm trying to decide if I wasnt a labtop or a desktop??
Which one in your opinion is better??

Also, I may as well get something that's higher than 56k....so what route should I go?? When you download these movies...do they save on your server or do you load them on a disk?? Also, can you burn these movies??

Well......as far as which is better...I have a Dell laptop, with a pentium III processor and 60 gigs of space. Either one would be good....but the only reason most people get laptops are if they plan to transport it. I have a desktop also, but I don't really use it much. As far as modem goes, I have cable..and its cheaper for me because my tv-cable and internet cable come in one package. Some would say DSL is better, but on cable my average download is around 120-140 kb/sec....and thats pretty fast. When I download movies, I save them on my harddrive and burn them onto a DVD using Apple DVD burner..then I delete them. If you keep them on your harddrive, you'll be using a lot of space.

When I download movies, I save them on my harddrive and burn them onto a DVD using Apple DVD burner..then I delete them. If you keep them on your harddrive, you'll be using a lot of space.

Is this on your desktop??
What do I need to get "DVD" burning capability??
Where do I get it from??

Also, I want to get a cakewalk program (for arrangement).....can I hook my keyboard up to it??
How about downloading music??

I went to Best Buy yesterday.......I was deciding between a Dell or a Sony Vaio. Like I said before.....the other issue is if it's going to be a desktop or a labtop. You've pretty much answered my question on that......I'm leaning toward the desktop since it seems to be able to do basically the same thing that a d-top could do.......

Supakat you might wanna try to download stuff from Morpheus as well. But Unknown is right, don't even do it if you have a cable connection. I have a T-3 connection at work, so I download a lot of stuff at home, I have Roadrunner at home as well. But Unk, I thought John-Q was a lil "predictable", but Eddie Griffin was funny as L to me in the movie.

I have to ask some of my peeps about Queen of the Damned, I really like vampire movies, as you can see by my sig.

The New BLADE movie !!!

Hmmm.... Question then

The Apple burner is a desktop computer...and they already have a DVD burner when you buy them.

So are you saying that you have a MAC (Apple) Desktop?

Is the software not purchaseable for PCs?

Or is there any other 'free' software that can encode AVI's to a DVD format, which would fit those 200Mb+ Movies onto a 700mb CD-R?

Also unknown-
Are you using a regular CD Writer to burn those DVDs (or CD's) in that DVD format for the movies. Or do you have the actual 'DVD Burner', in terms of hardware?
(If so... that's not in my budget... they are too pricey right now)

The question sounds crazy, but I'm asking 'cause this cat was tellin' me about a particular format the you can burn & encode your movies in, to read on a DVD player (without having the actual DVD Burner)... ya feel me?

Cause right now, I usually download my movies, and burn them to CD... but of course I have to kick back and watch them on the PC... which is 'ok' but... Other than that I give my co-worker a copy to record them onto a VHS from his PC which has a 'TV-Tuner Video Card' with Audio & Video Jacks..

I would rather burn them in a DVD format (with software) to watch them on the DVD player.

Originally posted by Makaho Bedrock
Supakat you might wanna try to download stuff from Morpheus as well.

Makaho, Morpheus and Kazaa are basically the same thing. If you look at the platforms for each program, the look just alike. I had Morpheus but I switched to Kazaa. When I had Morpheus, I was getting stuff from people on the Kazaa network. There isn't much difference between the two programs.

I have to ask some of my peeps about Queen of the Damned, I really like vampire movies, as you can see by my sig.

The New BLADE movie !!!

Thanks for the info. kats....... ;)
When I get my P.C. I'll make sure I'll holla at ya'll so you can help me set it up....

Maka:
You should check out the new Vampire D movie........I copped it from Best Buy friday.....I haven't got a chance to watch it yet...But what I've seen from the trailers, it looks like it's gonna be pretty good. I'll make sure I post what I thought tommorrow...
The Vampire genre is one of my favorites as well.....I got this other anime/movie called "Blood".......it's pretty good but it's only 85 minutes.......

I was thinking the same thing...

Kazaa and Morpheus are basically the same. I use Morpheus with a cable modem... It's pretty cool. Some days the movies come out a little slow, but I can leave it and let it download.
I downloaded John Q last week and I thought it was pretty cool. I also burn them to a cd and "kick back" and watch them on the pc. I'm thinking DVD burners are expensive.

Let me know about the dvd burner encoding!

I'm going to try to get Q.o.t.D.

Yeah, those DVD Writers (Burners) are expensive $$$!
...at least for a brother with other priorities.

So... I'm trying to get the scoop on the DVD encoding software...
I may just need to browse DOWNLOAD.com and see what they got out there!

Oh yeah... I downloaded 'John Q' last week, but I went out to see it in the movies though... I wanted the full effect!!

No....it's not a CD writer....it's a PC made specifically WITH a DVD burner in it.

superdrivetop01072002.jpg

Find the info on it here.....

http://www.apple.com/ca/imac/superdrive.html

It's VERY expensive.....I must admit.....but it's well worth it. No more movie theatres for me. I thought about selling DVD's...but the jailtime is a little more than I can handle.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
it's VERY expensive.....I must admit.....but it's well worth it. No more movie theatres for me. I thought about selling DVD's...but the jailtime is a little more than I can handle.

I'm like Slick......I've got other priorities that wouldn't warrant me spending that much for a writer/burner, like the one that you posted. (maybe next year!! :( )

However, you could holla at a brutha about some of dem ~ahem~........DVD's. :D
(I collect dem joints.....got over a hundred of em'''the ladies like when they got a wide variety of choices....!!" lol )

Fortunately I didn't have to pay full price for it.......;)

I'm downloading Training Day now......:D

They have a good version of that out there of 'Training Day'

I just downloaded 'Gone in 60secs'.... Now that one is great!
It's one file about 640Mbs in 640X380 Screen Resolution.... that's the best movie I've found in period.

Yo! Unknown... whats your username on KaZaa or Morpheus... I'm on downloading now.... I may need to browse your stash! ;)

Ofcourse I'm 'SlickPartna' on both of them!
and since I burn them after I download them... I only have a few movies in my archive:

John Q
Collateral Damage
Ghost of Mars
How High
Gone in 60 Seconds
'O'

-Holla back

Uhhh, would you guys also know where a brutha can download, lets say..."More grown up titles".

Hee, Hee, :D

Uhhh, would you guys also know where a brutha can download, lets say..."More grown up titles".

Hee, Hee, :D

You a sad puppy dude...
BUT, probably the same programs, KaZaA and Morpheus...aiight.

Holla

Makaho.....I downloaded and burned half the bootytalk series and almost all of the freaks, whoes, and flows series from kazaa. My username is mrh0rnet, but I don't allow people to download from me when i'm downloading.....it slows my download down.

Makaho.....I downloaded and burned half the bootytalk series and almost all of the freaks, whoes, and flows series from kazaa. My username is mrh0rnet, but I don't allow people to download from me when i'm downloading.....it slows my download down.

I guess great minds think alike. I have a good # of those on VHS.

Back