PVU - Coaching Candidates

thegooddoctor

PVU - possible coaching candidates:

T.C. Cole
Billy Joe

Cole is definitely looking for a job.

Joe has a Division I schedule while still operating with a Div. AA budget and facilities. There is a lot of grumbling in Tallahassee.

Whatever the panthers do they better hurry up. Recruiting season is very close.

lol@gooddoc.

Bruh, who let the cat out of the bag about Billy Joe? lol :emlaugh: Yeah, there's some "rumblings" going on in Tally-Ho.

Personally, I would like a "sudden" impact type of coaching staff to enter. Like....... The Cole brothers. Can't refute their track record. Just need to make sure that they <b>don't</b> CREATE a criminal or NCAA investigative record. :rolleyes: (as if our program really needed that)

Also, there are some noteworthy high school coaches here that would fit the billing as well. We need to be careful though (calling SOC High School lol).

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Panthro
Just need to make sure that they <b>don't</b> CREATE a criminal or NCAA investigative record. :rolleyes: (as if our program really needed that)

Couldn't hurt PV either way.

Questions still remain about Billy Joe's future

By Heath A. Smith
DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER

ORLANDO - Florida A&M head coach Billy Joe said nothing after the Rattlers' 39-35 loss to Bethune-Cookman Saturday to fan the flames over the rumors that he may have coached his last game for FAMU.

"My future with this team hasn't changed," said Joe, the second winningest coach in black college football history. "I'm the head football coach. I'm going to work Monday and begin planning for our recruiting trips around the state and around the country."

Rumors about Joe's future with FAMU began to surface about the same time the school put in its application to move its football to Division I-A.

The rumors began to grow when Joe made statements earlier this season that while the football team was classified as Division I-A on paper, it would not be on the field until additional coaches and scholarships as well as an increased recruiting budget and improved facilities were made available to him.

Joe insisted Saturday that he fully intends to see those things occur before next season, although FAMU interim athletic director J.R.E. Lee said in an exclusive interview with the Tallahassee Democrat on Saturday that he did not have a specific date as to when those things would be provided to the football program.

Lee also didn't give any guarantees that Joe would be back next season, although he did say Joe would be evaluated as Joe confirmed Saturday.

"We look at every season on its merit and that's what we'll do after this season," Lee said. "Nothing has changed there as it is with all our coaches. His situation is no different than anyone else."

Players admitted earlier this week that Joe's future with the team was a topic of discussion heading into Saturday's game.

"We know we're going Division I-A and we know there're going to be changes," said defensive tackle Steve St. Felix. "But as far as coach Billy Joe's status, we hope things remain the same. He's a great coach. Plus it would be great to see another black coach in Division I-A.

"We don't know for certain, but we want things to remain the same. It's been on our minds, whether this is going to be coach's last game. We hope and pray that he reminds our coach and we don't see why he wouldn't be."

Quarterback Ben Dougherty said replacing Joe would be "asinine."

"I'm 100 percent certain I'm going to be back next year at this particular time and moment," Joe said. "But of course my future is not in my control. Since I can't control it, I'm not going to concern myself with it."

Wanted: New Head Football Coach at PV

Prairie View needs a new head football coach.

Any suggestions?

What is the former coach at J. State doing these days?

Dude, we have a whole staff you can get from 2002.

Hughes --HC
Asberry--OC
Kelly--DC

We even have a RB coach and o-line coach you can get....linebackers coach too.

Re: Wanted: New Head Football Coach at PV

Originally posted by nakedhead
What is the former coach at J. State doing these days?

Laughing at the current moron who's running the program over there. He and his sidekick, stupid-pride!

Back