PV's half time show took 13 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if people stop saying we causing the football team to lose, then we could have played the whole song and not resorted to playing fanfares.

The band does not cause the team to lose. If the band is better than the team then so be it. Football at PV is not really a matter of concern for the band.....some of it is coaching, some of it is talent, some of it is training, some of it is campus atmosphere. I support PV too in case someone wanted to know.

Originally posted by COACH
This is true.. the show was 13 minutes too long.
it just seems to us that you really don't care for bands. if this is the case you have to realize that bands are school sanctioned organizations also that are there to not only support the team but to give the student body entertainment in the stands. people come to games to see the band more often than to see the team. it sad but true we need to get to the point where they come to see both. how many times have you noticed that right after halftime the stands empty..........i wonder why?? so from my stand point the football team should help support the band and vice versa

THIS MESSAGE GOES OUT TO SKIP SINCE I DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO POST TO THE LAST THREAD BEFORE IT WAS CLOSED... YEA YOU CAN SAY PROF. GOT A BAD VIBE BUT HELL HE GETS THEM ALL OF THE DAYUM TIME. DOES THAT MEAN WE SHOULD CANCEL PRACTICE, NOT PERFORM, ETC. BY THE WAY I'M SURE YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AT THE COTTON BOWL AFTER IT WAS OVER, SO YOU SAYING WE SHOULD UP AND LEAVE THAT GAME EARLY TOO...LOL:idea:

some of ya'll cats have no idea where folks like Skip, no sense, s phi s, myself and some others are coming from. None of us totaly agree with Profs decision, but we support whatever decision he makes 100%. It sad that ya'll can get on here and sh!t on him like this. SKIP mentioned in another post that i was a true soldier in the STORM. Some of ya'll have no clue what that implies. you would never see a cat from SU on here sh!tn' on Doc, no matter what the reason. Some say they are brainwashed, some say they are dumb.... i call them LOYAL. that is a word all ya'll need to reserch. i bet half of ya'll eiter never marched, walked in the band, or will be in his face monday asking about you scholorship money. Therer is a whole lot more to the family we call the "Marching Storm" than 4 quarters of football...

Originally posted by solophone96
some of ya'll cats have no idea where folks like Skip, no sense, s phi s, myself and some others are coming from. None of us totaly agree with Profs decision, but we support whatever decision he makes 100%. It sad that ya'll can get on here and sh!t on him like this. SKIP mentioned in another post that i was a true soldier in the STORM. Some of ya'll have no clue what that implies. you would never see a cat from SU on here sh!tn' on Doc, no matter what the reason. Some say they are brainwashed, some say they are dumb.... i call them LOYAL. that is a word all ya'll need to reserch. i bet half of ya'll eiter never marched, walked in the band, or will be in his face monday asking about you scholorship money. Therer is a whole lot more to the family we call the "Marching Storm" than 4 quarters of football...

i will take my comments to the private forum than..but if i want to talk them on here this is a public forum..:idea:

That's a good point, solophone. I'm a 2000 crab so I've seen this band go to thru some awkward changes even for the short four years I've been here. I support Prof. Edwards for looking out for us as his own children. I guess the neos or whoever can't seem to appreciate that.:smh:

Originally posted by corpstyle4life
That's a good point, solophone. I'm a 2000 crab so I've seen this band go to thru some awkward changes even for the short four years I've been here. I support Prof. Edwards for looking out for us as his own children. I guess the neos or whoever can't seem to appreciate that.:smh:

whats is this stuff about "Looking out for yall"

Whats going to happen to yall?:confused:

Originally posted by TX_FINEST
THIS MESSAGE GOES OUT TO SKIP SINCE I DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO POST TO THE LAST THREAD BEFORE IT WAS CLOSED... YEA YOU CAN SAY PROF. GOT A BAD VIBE BUT HELL HE GETS THEM ALL OF THE DAYUM TIME. DOES THAT MEAN WE SHOULD CANCEL PRACTICE, NOT PERFORM, ETC. BY THE WAY I'M SURE YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AT THE COTTON BOWL AFTER IT WAS OVER, SO YOU SAYING WE SHOULD UP AND LEAVE THAT GAME EARLY TOO...LOL:idea:
no i understand that you want to be in the heat of the battle, shat, so did i, that's why i have war stories to tell.and that's the reason any oldhead that you talk too has war stories, but our war stories happened over the years not all in one year. so be true to the storm and yourself and show the loyalty that we imply and wait, you'll get your chance and it will be so sweet that you will feel like you just had sex i promise you that. if any body on here can relate to what i just said give this youngster a holla and a vote of confidence because he is going to be a future leader. P.S. IF YOU EVER DOWN TALK PROF. IN AN OPEN FORUM AGAIN WE WILL HAVE TO TALK. WE KEEP THAT TYPE OF CONVERSATION CLOSE AND INHOUSE. NEVER HANG YOUR DIRTY UNDERWEAR ON THE NEIGHBORS FENCE.

these new folks want to travel and be exposed, not stay home and perform 4 times a year......you noticed we did not make Black Voices Quarterly.....why? Because we're not seen.

with all the battle of the bands in the South within the past 5 years...how many have PV been invited to?

Originally posted by Bandmaniac
back in 94 and 96 the jukebox got in PV's azz on and off the field...this year and last year PV unplugged you. the word in shreveport is SU won the game but not the battle of the bands!:idea:

In 94 and 96, SU got in PV as far as the stands were concerned !! On the field it was all PV. Especially in 94 !!!!

Originally posted by SUtrp96
whats is this stuff about "Looking out for yall"

Whats going to happen to yall?:confused:
NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO "YA'LL"(US) AND HE JUST WANTED TO TO MAKE SURE THIS TIME.

SUTrpt96.....dude just let it die.

All Panthers...if you wanna have a knock down drag out discussion, let's take it to the Private Forum. This IS a public forum, and the public doesn't need to know EVERY thing.

Here we go again

For my last performance against the S.U. Human Alarm Clock, it really didn't go as planned since we were forced to spend a full quarter trying to play one song "In Those Jeans" due to the crappy SWAC rules......Then we left with like 6 mins left in the fourth.....For all you Southern drummers out there.....I know ya'll heard us cranking up tha ORIGINAL "Midnight" Cadence but we were cut short at the beginning due to the stupid rules at SWAC games....Ya'll just dodged the bullet....But needless to say, your Grambling neighbors will not have any where to hide at the drum battle Friday b4 the Al Lipscomb State Fair Classic-Cotton Bowl.......The movie "Drumline" wasn't even a chip of what will be demostrated by us "Tha BOX" that night......Again, ya'll know who I be......6'3" snare in the middle of the 12 pack snares.... BOX 96'.....and what????:redhot:

Originally posted by s phi s
SUTrpt96.....dude just let it die.

All Panthers...if you wanna have a knock down drag out discussion, let's take it to the Private Forum. This IS a public forum, and the public doesn't need to know EVERY thing.
THE PRIVATE FORUM IT IS

Re: Here we go again

Originally posted by DaBOX 96' Snare
For my last performance against the S.U. Human Alarm Clock, it really didn't go as planned since we were forced to spend a full quarter trying to play one song "In Those Jeans" due to the crappy SWAC rules......Then we left with like 6 mins left in the fourth.....For all you Southern drummers out there.....I know ya'll heard us cranking up tha ORIGINAL "Midnight" Cadence but we were cut short at the beginning due to the stupid rules at SWAC games....Ya'll just dodged the bullet....But needless to say, your Grambling neighbors will not have any where to hide at the drum battle Friday b4 the Al Lipscomb State Fair Classic-Cotton Bowl.......The movie "Drumline" wasn't even a chip of what will be demostrated by us "Tha BOX" that night......Again, ya'll know who I be......6'3" snare in the middle of the 12 pack snares.... BOX 96'.....and what????:redhot:
YOU TELL THEM CURIOUS, IT'S ABOUT TO GET REAL HOT AND GRAM HAS NO IDEA WHAT WE GOT COOKING. SO YA'LL BETTER GET SOME CADENCE BETTER THAN "HEY TENORS-----IS YOU READY" HEY SNARES-----IS YOU READY". YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT..............OH YEAH WE MAY OR MAYNOT DANCE SO KEEP THAT IN MIND. AND IF WE DO DO A DANCE IT WILL BE A DANCE NOT DANCING IN EVRY CADENCE SO KEEP THAT IN MIND.

Re: Re: Here we go again

Originally posted by SKIP
YOU TELL THEM CURIOUS, IT'S ABOUT TO GET REAL HOT AND GRAM HAS NO IDEA WHAT WE GOT COOKING. SO YA'LL BETTER GET SOME CADENCE BETTER THAN "HEY TENORS-----IS YOU READY" HEY SNARES-----IS YOU READY". YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT..............OH YEAH WE MAY OR MAYNOT DANCE SO KEEP THAT IN MIND. AND IF WE DO DO A DANCE IT WILL BE A DANCE NOT DANCING IN EVRY CADENCE SO KEEP THAT IN MIND.

:cool: :cool: :cool: <---That is what I will be doing after the drum battle.......Smokin' a Newport waitin on fans :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

Re: Here we go again

You all got that arse dugg into in 96...Ya'll Willowridge to take ya'll slack...lol.

As far as original, there is NOTHING SU do that comes from NO ONE else.....A lot of that isht EVERY drumline plays comes from "Johnny Lane" and he is FROM SU!!!!!!

You all got that arse dugg into in 96...Ya'll Willowridge to take ya'll slack...lol.

As far as original, there is NOTHING SU do that comes from NO ONE else.....A lot of that isht EVERY drumline plays comes from "Johnny Lane" and he is FROM SU!!!!!!

:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: Well hello there, fellow 1996 crab. Let me touch on that topic about when we played ya'll in 1996, my crab year, at Robinson Stadium.......We din't bring Willowridge just for ya'll........If came to any of our other games you would know that our band director always offers offers high school bands to come to our games that we perform at...No matter if there is another band acroos the field or not..........So whenever Willowridge blew a song, they blew it to just to be playing, not at ya'll..........We don't need no team effort, ya dig:redhot: :redhot:

Re: Re: Re: Here we go again

:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: Well hello there, fellow 1996 crab. Let me touch on that topic about when we played ya'll in 1996, my crab year, at Robinson Stadium.......We din't bring Willowridge just for ya'll........If came to any of our other games you would know that our band director always offers offers high school bands to come to our games that we perform at...No matter if there is another band acroos the field or not..........So whenever Willowridge blew a song, they blew it to just to be playing, not at ya'll..........We don't need no team effort, ya dig:redhot: :redhot:

I know that dude...but we were all in yall isht in 96...lol

That "Call em UP" was a beast huh?...yeah I know...;)

Originally posted by Quietstorm
In 94 and 96, SU got in PV as far as the stands were concerned !! On the field it was all PV. Especially in 94 !!!!

that is your opinion....SU was my first choice. in 94 PV brass was non existant. Yeah SU did the same field show in 94 and 96 but it was still clean..just like PV did the same dance routine movements from 99 bama state. yeah i noticed that!! :lmao:

that's bullsh-t and an incorrect statement. DA BOX is all original we make all of our cadence up.....in fact a lot of the cadence that these drum sections are playing are a rendition of BOX cadences........in fact like i said before the 1st cadence in the movie drumline is our cadence 28 deep....i should know because i helped make it up........

Re: Re: Re: Here we go again

Originally posted by SKIP
that's bullsh-t and an incorrect statement. DA BOX is all original we make all of our cadence up.....in fact a lot of the cadence that these drum sections are playing are a rendition of BOX cadences........in fact like i said before the 1st cadence in the movie drumline is our cadence 28 deep....i should know because i helped make it up........

I ain't talking about the movie drumline.... Well you say you all stuff in original...SO IS SU's...believe that.

Originally posted by Bandmaniac
that is your opinion....SU was my first choice. in 94 PV brass was non existant. Yeah SU did the same field show in 94 and 96 but it was still clean..just like PV did the same dance routine movements from 99 bama state. yeah i noticed that!! :lmao:

Everybody's entitled to there own opinion !

Re: Re: Re: Re: Here we go again

I ain't talking about the movie drumline.... Well you say you all stuff in original...SO IS SU's...believe that.
i just used the movie as reference only. i was making a point. our stuff is biteable and people are out there biting. so if all of ya'lls cadence are original i applaude ya'll because biting is a sign of weakness and no creativity on drum section's part be original and stand out or bite and get in line behind the original...that's all i'm saying...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back