PVAMU Marching Storm

Storm96

On the heels of All American spinoff Homecoming, the CW has ordered its second series set against the HBCU experience. The network has greenlighted March, an eight-episode series which revolves around the Prairie View A&M University Marching Band, The Marching Storm, recently ranked as the top HBCU Division I band by ESPN’s The Undefeated.

March debuts Monday, January 24 (8-9 pm ET/PT). It then moves to Sundays starting February 27 (9-10 pm ET/PT), after All American and All American: Homecoming take over Monday nights. The All American spinoff Homecoming, also set against the HBCU experience, is written and exec produced by Nkechi Okoro Carroll. The young-adult sports drama follows a young tennis hopeful from Beverly Hills and an elite baseball player from Chicago as they contend with the high stakes of college sports, while also navigating the highs, lows and sexiness of unsupervised early adulthood at a prestigious Historically Black College.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Congrats, but if PV is a top band, then the band world is in a bad place. They should be a top contender, but something is off with the leadership of this band.

TV Review: ‘March’ Highlights Prairie View A&M, HBCU Band Culture While Humanizing Stars of Band​

The culture has now become mainstream, and the CW has picked the perfect time to capture the reality of life at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and RegalMag.com ain’t mad at them for that intelligent decision.

The eight-part docuseries “March” takes a personal look at the stars behind the super popular HBCU band scene, specifically the “Marching Storm” band and “Black Foxes” dance team at Prairie View A&M University in Prairie View, Texas outside of Houston.

By taking such a personal approach to the leaders and former members of the band, “March” showcases what every HBCU student, fan and alum already knows, and that is at HBCUs the bands are the headliners and the football teams are the opening acts.

At HBCUs, the band culture is probably totally different than at some predominantly White institutions (PWIs).

In movies like “American Pie,” band members received the label of band geeks because they often were the outcasts, invisible to their more popular peers like the pretty girls and the jocks.

The comedy classic “American Pie” depicted the band geeks as nerds and socially awkward individuals that could not sit with the cool kids at lunch or receive invitations to house parties at the homes of the popular kids.

At HBCUs, band members are the cool kids.

Along with athletes and members of the nine predominantly African-American fraternities and sororities, affectionately known as the “Divine Nine,” the band members are recognized and highly respected throughout the campus, known as “The Hill,” at Prairie View, and throughout the HBCU scene.

Me too and the shots of the campus are nice too. I saw my friends son on the drums and my son knew some of his old classmates in the band, he enjoyed seeing them on tv
You know it's gonna' be some shat soon. Shat sells through the media lol.

However, lets enjoy the nice shots of campus and the atmosphere (thusfar).

You know it's gonna' be some shat soon. Shat sells through the media lol.

However, lets enjoy the nice shots of campus and the atmosphere (thusfar).

Homecoming: The Lost Tapes...

vhs spinning GIF by Anthony Antonellis

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back