PV should be very, very, VERY concerned about this.

Panther88

Banned
<b>A&M president resigns before regents meeting </b>

COLLEGE STATION, Texas — The president of Texas A&M has resigned — the day before a meeting of school regents to discuss her job.

Elsa Murano, the school's first female and first Hispanic president, announced her resignation in a statement Sunday. The resignation is effective Monday, the day regents were scheduled to discuss the university's leadership.

<a href="http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/6478808.html">Click Here For Story</a>

I hope PV doesn't get implicated too much when the truth comes out through the media :(. In Texas, we don't use state tax dollars earmarked for academia advancement for "athletics" like some "states," if that's what you want to call some of these southern things and how awkwardly their view is towards true academia lol :swink:.

Plz. No PMs because I'm not telling anyone but those who bleed purple :|.

Her resignation had nothing to do with athletics but with her review she received from the Board of Regents.

Less than 10 days after her bosses released a stinging review of her first year in office, Texas A&M University President Elsa Murano may be back on the firing line.

A&M regents have called a special meeting for Monday morning, releasing a brief agenda and noting that it will consider “employment, evaluation, reassignment ... or dismissal of executive level officers.â€￾

Murano's future has been hotly debated in College Station for the past few weeks, ever since A&M Chancellor Mike McKinney suggested that combining his job with that of the president's at the system's flagship school would be one way to save money.

Story

The 16M "loan" the university gave the athletic department was under Gates' watch and the chancellor was cool with that.......Why did she really bail? I smell bullshat........

Her resignation had nothing to do with athletics but with her review she received from the Board of Regents.

That review was trumped up because she didn't turn out to be the "yes woman" they had hoped for. The good ol' boys are trying to clear the path for Rick Perry's return to college station once he loses in the primary.

That review was trumped up because she didn't turn out to be the "yes woman" they had hoped for. The good ol' boys are trying to clear the path for Rick Perry's return to college station once he loses in the primary.

Yep......

I've been keeping up with this too.

Reading Batallion & Texags. Sounds like the former students at the flagship are just as hopeless like the rest of us. Ole Gubna Good Hair's old Chief of Staff is looking out for his old boss. Many aggies say they feel hard times are coming (they already were in hibernation because of football).

Oh yeah...

I still get a chuckle from the Aggie vs Red Raider game when the Raider fans tore the goalposts down, carried it across the field and tried to drag it into the Aggie section and McKinney was in the stands and accidentally punched an Aggie thinking they were a Red Raider. :lol:

I am not going to point blame; I do not have enough information to do so anyway. From what I have read and been told, people have had problems with McKinney and Murano.

Here is a quote and other information from an article.

A&M looks to Galveston for president

Murano's time at A&M

• December 2007: She became a surprise choice to head the school after not making the list of finalists prepared by a faculty advisory committee. She took office the following month.

• September 2008: Hurricane Ike seriously damaged the A&M at Galveston campus, forcing the temporary relocation of 1,500 students and faculty to the College Station campus.

• February: Chancellor Mike McKinney conducted an evaluation of Murano’s first year in office, giving her low marks on such critical issues as decision-making, integrity and teamwork.

• May: McKinney suggested that combining the chancellor’s job with that of president of the flagship campus would be a way to save money in tough economic times.

• June 4: McKinney’s office released his evaluation of Murano, along with that of the other presidents at A&M schools.

• Friday: A&M regents announced a specially called meeting to consider the employment of “executive level officers,†leading to speculation about Murano’s future.

• Sunday: Murano submitted her resignation, effective Monday.

This is a struggle between the Bush faction and the Perry faction of GOB's at Texas A&M. Ultimately, it's Aggies who will lose. You can guess who will win.

The 16M "loan" the university gave the athletic department was under Gates' watch and the chancellor was cool with that.......Why did she really bail? I smell bullshat........

Is this the same $16M from this article from Nebraska reader...

And Texas A&M, which was so bad off four years ago that the university actually loaned the athletic department $16 million, is not far behind at $74.7 million.

http://www.huskerlocker.com/blogs/v...ubling_gap_between_texasand_everyone_else/o/1

Back