PV Cheerleader Dies

Storm96

Judson grad injured in cheerleading dies

Web Posted: 12/12/2006 01:18 AM CST

Express-News

Bethany Norwood, a Judson High School graduate and former Prairie View A&M cheerleader who was paralyzed when her teammates failed to catch her after they tossed her in the air, has died, the Bexar County medical examiner's office said. She was 24.

Norwood, a 2000 Judson graduate, was injured in January 2004 when she landed on her head, breaking her neck in six places. Doctors declared her paralyzed from the neck down.

Amid criticism of her accident, the university banned cheerleading stunts for the remainder of the school year.

Norwood was at Northeast Methodist Hospital when she died, likely because of complications from her injuries, officials said.

The medical examiner's office will rule on a cause today.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA121206.cheerleader.dies.EN.1d41784f.html

Judson grad injured in cheerleading dies

Web Posted: 12/12/2006 01:18 AM CST

Express-News

Bethany Norwood, a Judson High School graduate and former Prairie View A&M cheerleader who was paralyzed when her teammates failed to catch her after they tossed her in the air, has died, the Bexar County medical examiner's office said. She was 24.

Norwood, a 2000 Judson graduate, was injured in January 2004 when she landed on her head, breaking her neck in six places. Doctors declared her paralyzed from the neck down.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA121206.cheerleader.dies.EN.1d41784f.html
Rest In Peace, Ms. Bethany Norwood

Bless her heart. She hung in there for 2 years after her accident. I remember like yesterday when this happened. Prayers up to her family and the PV family.

Prayers up to the Norwood Family in this, their time of bereavement.

I pray that God will be all that all of you need Him to be at this, and all times.
In Jesus Name, Amen!

I really hate to relay information like this to those in the unkowing land. :(

We were just discussing her last Saturday @ the winter graduation. :(

My prayers are w/ her family and friends during this hour. Really puts a damper on the holiday period coming up. :(

Damn, so very sorry to hear this...so much death, during the Holiday season. It's so depressing. :( GOD bless her family! :bawling:

she was actively seeking stem cell treatment and wanted to raise money to travel out of the country to get it.......sad to hear

Damn dawg. When I hear of someone dyin or gettin killed on here it hurts me. Even though I aint know her, I can just imagine what she was capable of doin and what she would have done. We've lost another soldier durin battle. Prayers up to whole PVAMU family! RIP my sistah 1:heart:

PV Cheerleader Bethany Norwood

Here's a pic of PV Cheerleader Bethany Norwood. The story has probably already been posted. She held on for two years. It also shows how dangerous a sport cheerleading is.

10515372_400X300.jpg
SAN ANTONIO -- A former Judson High School and Prarie A&M student who was paralyzed in a cheerleading accident died Monday.

Bethany Norwood passed away at Northeast Baptist Hospital from complications due to a blood clot that was discovered over the weekend, family members said.

Doctors weren't sure what caused the blood clot, family members said.

Norwood suffered a severe spinal injury following a fall during cheerleading practice at Prarie A&M in 2004.

Norwood's family said that her organs will be donated.

Re: PV Cheerleader Bethany Norwood

:smh: :bawling: Prayers to her family and also the PV family.

Back