Priest gets capped

MACKG

a.k.a. NASTYNUPE
I bet he won't molest anymore little boys!!!

BALTIMORE - A priest was shot and seriously wounded by a man who had accused him of abuse years ago, authorities said Tuesday.

Dante Stokes, 26, turned himself in Monday night to police, saying he had shot the Rev. Maurice Blackwell, said police spokeswoman Ragina Averella.

Blackwell was in serious but stable condition Tuesday at the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center.

Blackwell was shot about 6 p.m. Monday outside his home.

He is on a leave of absence from the Archdiocese of Baltimore because the church found in 1998 he had an inappropriate relationship with a minor, said Ray Kempisty, a spokesman for the archdiocese.

Averella said Stokes told police he had been molested by Blackwell nine years ago. Kempisty said there had been a 1993 allegation against Blackwell but he was returned to priestly duties when police dropped the case. It was not immediately clear if that case was the allegation Stokes had mentioned.

NastyNupe,

I just saw this story on the news. Believe it or not, I have a partner, who uses these scandals as a reason not to go to church. He says it just goes to show you how crooked they all are. For sure though, something has to be done about this whole situation with priest and clergy. I know they aren't all bad, but they all are looking bad.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back