President Obama at the 2011 White House Correspondents' Dinner

Bush did a few similar speeches and they were very funny. I never condemned the man for finding time to laugh.
"Condemned"?! ou the one using that word...I just don't think it's something that should be done when shyt ain't right especially when you making JOKES about policies and budgets... Ain't shyt funny..

How about you go in dept to someone on the street for just a fraction of that dept let's say 100 grand.. I bet you won't crack a smile are laugh one time....

People need to start looking at government the same way we look at our every day lives.

"Condemned"?! ou the one using that word...I just don't think it's something that should be done when shyt ain't right especially when you making JOKES about policies and budgets... Ain't shyt funny..

How about you go in dept to someone on the street for just a fraction of that dept let's say 100 grand.. I bet you won't crack a smile are laugh one time....

People need to start looking at government the same way we look at our every day lives.

Yeah I used that word. Here is some entertainment... he actually mentions one of your favorites near the end.

[video=youtube;NHlGHtIFdss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHlGHtIFdss[/video]

Re: President Obama uses Hulk Hogan's old entrance music at Correspondents' Dinner

I heard part of the speech this morning on Tom Joyner...let the haters hate now. :lmao:

Yeah I used that word. Here is some entertainment... he actually mentions one of your favorites near the end.

[video=youtube;NHlGHtIFdss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHlGHtIFdss[/video]

I hear ya man.. I ain't trying to be entertained while standing at the pump paying over $4.00 a gallon

People talking like he is at that State of the Union having a roast. Everyone has laughed and smiled in bad times. There are people with no jobs or living in poverty who still find time to laugh and smile.

Plus if we took your stance then there would never be a joke cracked ever because there is ALWAY something wrong in this country and the world, even in what seemed to be our better years.

Last edited:
People talking like he is at that State of the Union having a roast. Everyone has laughed and smiled in bad times. There are people with no jobs or living in povery who still find time to laugh and smile.

Plus if we took your stance then there would never be a joke cracked ever because there is ALWAY something wrong in this country and the world, even in what seemed to be our better years.

lol

If we were in the same position under Bush... it would be people in here saying.."Bush don't like Black people"....lmao

I hear ya man.. I ain't trying to be entertained while standing at the pump paying over $4.00 a gallon

:lol:...I feel ya. I was at the pump today and I said to myself "well, we dun' did it...$4 dollar mark".

But, the Meyers piece was funny. That was 20mins with even more pressure than just doing a regular stand up for 30mins to an hour.

I like what Obama did, too. Any time he has a chance to show the human side, Im all for it.

Why is everyone so shocked at what go on at this event and most of all, why are people shocked it happened to TRUMP. In 2006, Stephen Colbert roasted BUSH #2 azz. Bush took it in stride like all the rest before him had done. Whats the big deal now.

This was a ROAST..............Not a state of the Union Address. They were supposed to get roudy at this event. It was made so these Political BIG BALLERS can "let their hair down" and get crazy.

seriously.. no matter who the president.. in the state we are in.. we really have time for jokes? really??!?!

Gas is over $4.00 now... what's so funny?

:|

Trp96, I respect your posts and opinions, but I know you know this is a tradition at the White House. The White House Correspondents Dinner normally has a performer (preferrably a comedian or comedienne). My mother got me to watching these and they all have been HILARIOUS! I specifically remember watching back in 1991 (Sinbad), 1993 (ole girl was FUNNY AS HECK), 1994 (Al Franken is crazy; did one of his skits from SNL), 1996 (Al Franken again), 1997 (Jon Stewart was also HILARIOUS), and 2001 (Darrell Hammond had Bill Clinton down to a tee).

Even with everything going on in the world today, there will always be a time to laugh.

Why is everyone so shocked at what go on at this event and most of all, why are people shocked it happened to TRUMP. In 2006, Stephen Colbert roasted BUSH #2 azz. Bush took it in stride like all the rest before him had done. Whats the big deal now.

This was a ROAST..............Not a state of the Union Address. They were supposed to get roudy at this event. It was made so these Political BIG BALLERS can "let their hair down" and get crazy.

I forgot about Stephen Colbert..........HE ROASTED THE ISHT OUTTA BUSH#2!!!!!!:lmao::lmao:

Trp96, I respect your posts and opinions, but I know you know this is a tradition at the White House. The White House Correspondents Dinner normally has a performer (preferrably a comedian or comedienne). My mother got me to watching these and they all have been HILARIOUS! I specifically remember watching back in 1991 (Sinbad), 1993 (ole girl was FUNNY AS HECK), 1994 (Al Franken is crazy; did one of his skits from SNL), 1996 (Al Franken again), 1997 (Jon Stewart was also HILARIOUS), and 2001 (Darrell Hammond had Bill Clinton down to a tee).

Even with everything going on in the world today, there will always be a time to laugh.
You know what you are right.. you have to laugh sometimes... But I just don't find it funny that the people telling the jokes are the people that are the cause of all this mess...

Before I get attacked.. I am talking about BOTH parties!

I believe Wanda Sykes got'em one year.

Now, stop questioning Obama's legitimacy

By David Frum, Special to CNN

May 2, 2011 3:59 p.m. EDT

Editor's note: David Frum writes a weekly column for CNN.com. A special assistant to President George W. Bush from 2001 to 2002, he is the author of six books, including "Comeback: Conservatism That Can Win Again," and is the editor of FrumForum.

(CNN) -- So much to say about the long-awaited visiting of justice upon Osama bin Laden.

But there's one effect on U.S. domestic politics that deserves a thought:

Here's hoping that we have at last seen the end of this ugly insinuation that there is something less than fully American about the black president with the exotic name.

On Wednesday came the release of the long-form birth certificate that provided the final decisive refutation of the birther lie that the President Obama was born elsewhere than the United States.

On Saturday at the White House Correspondents Dinner, the most visible proponent of that lie, the blowhard TV tycoon Donald Trump, was publicly ridiculed in front of an audience of 3,000 people, without a voice to excuse or defend him.

And then late Sunday, the president told the nation of the execution of his order to shoot and kill bin Laden.

The success of the bin Laden operation is a great moment for the United States -- and not only for the United States.

But it is also a deservedly bad moment for some of the destructive forces in American public life, for those who have substituted for ordinary politics a sustained campaign to brand Obama as an outsider, as un-American, as non-American.

Those of us who oppose this administration's economic and foreign policies have had so many valid points to make.

Yet some have insisted on traveling beyond those valid points. They have called the president "post American." A "Third-world dictator." An individual whose behavior could only be interpreted as "Kenyan post-colonial." A "thug in chief."

They have tried to present U.S. politics not as a choice between liberal and conservative but as a choice between American and non-American, between real Americans and between a dangerous dark-skinned intruder. They have sought to portray the president as a man who could not be trusted to lead the country because he owed no loyalty to the country, because he did not belong in the country.

After the events of the past 72 hours, those kinds of attacks should be finished now. It's a cleaner world without bin Laden soiling it. And American politics will be cleaner for the expunging of the malicious fantasy of the president's non-Americanness.

Obama has performed the first job of an American president: He has used the power of the nation well to defeat the nation's enemies and defend the nation's people. After an interval for celebration of yesterday's accomplishment, it will be back to politics as usual. But let's hope that this time, the usual will include this difference: that the administration can be criticized as "liberal" without being libeled as "alien."

Back