Pre-Game Reminiscing

Robber

Consigliere
Do you remember growing up playing games like hide and seek, hide and go get it, tag, etc . . . ??? Remember how you decided who had to be the first person to do the seeking or be "it"??? We had these sayings that we do to pick. Everybody would put a foot in a circle, with one person in the center. That person would do the saying/rhyme, and as he did it he'd touch the foot of each person and the foot he touches as he finishes is taken out of the circle. This would go on until there was only one person left. That person would be "it" or had to seek first.

We used to say these:

1. Johnny struck a match and the wind blew it out???

2. Engine engine number 9 going down Chicago line. If the train jumps off the track, do you want your money back (yes or no). (If "yes") Y - E - S spells "yes" so you are out of this here game. (If "no") N - O spells "no" so you are out of this here game.

3. Eenie meenie mynie mo, catch a tiger by the toe. If he hollas let him go. Out goes the rat. Out goes the cat. Out goes the lady with the see saw hat. Wudn't nonna you. Wudn't nonna you. Wudn't nobody but Y - O - U.

And I heard my niece say this one yesterday:

7 dookies in a toilet, one dropped out. (she did this 'til there was only one dookie left.)

What were some of the things/sayings/rhymes that y'all would do to pick people???

Great Thread

LOL at how care-free we were back then.
Still thinking on any others we said. The majority of the time it was the eenie meenie one.:D :cool:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Here is one...

Leader : Mickey Mouse built a house, how many bricks did he need?

Player : 5

Leader : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5......and you are not the one to be it(touching each foot as you count).....until only one foot is left!

My momma yo momma was hanging out clothes, my momma popped yo momma in the nose, Did it hurt? you hit each other until someone don't want be hit no more.

We used to do all those mentioned.
One that I think about now is (I'm not sure on the Spelling):

AACHIE KAACHIE LIBERACE,
I LOVE YOU,
TAKE A PEACH, TAKE A PLUMB TAKE A STICK OF BUBBLE GUM,
NO PEACH, NO PLUMB, NO STICK OF BUBBLE GUM,
AND YOU ARE N0T IT.

This went on until the last person and they were it.
What in the...were we thinking of?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Southern University

Originally posted by jelli
My momma yo momma was hanging out clothes, my momma popped yo momma in the nose, Did it hurt? you hit each other until someone don't want be hit no more.
The game would never start with this method in my neighborhood. That's a fight waiting to happen.

Originally posted by Robber

The game would never start with this method in my neighborhood. That's a fight waiting to happen.
It usually did:uhoh: so that's why we mostly did the ones you names in the bigining...;)

We had 'sayings' at school, but not at home

At school we said all the ones listed in the first post. But back on Meadowlane Drive, that stuff didn't fly. Wanna know how we picked who'd be it?

The 'rooty-poot' of the group was always 'it' first.......

That was the Law of the Jungle....And you didn't wanna be the 'rooty-poot'....

:lmao:

In my neighborhood, they played a game called Russian Roulette.

I was afraid to play, but several guys were shot in the head. All of them died.

I don't why I did not want to play, but they said try it because it was fun.

Speaking of Russian Roulette, why couldn't folk play a safer version of the game. Like shoot the gun in the air, instead of in the head. That way, you'll know that woulda been yo arse, but you still alive.

Taylor Made,

We tried that. But the rooty poot simply quit. So, it was back to the rhymes.

How bout dis one...
little sally walker sitting saucer...something in the middle.:confused:."put ya hands on your hip and let your back bone slip...oh shake it to the east shake it to the west..shake to the very one one you love the best" or cover your eyes and "turn to the east...turn to the west...turn to very one you love the best" We'd do this until there is one left...

Yeah!

Originally posted by jelli
How bout dis one...
little sally walker sitting saucer...something in the middle.:confused:."put ya hands on your hip and let your back bone slip...oh shake it to the east shake it to the west..shake to the very one one you love the best" or cover your eyes and "turn to the east...turn to the west...turn to very one you love the best" We'd do this until there is one left...

Yeah.......

You are going way back now!!!!!!!!!

How about this one? 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 REDLIGHT!!

Or this one......
This the way you 'Willabee', this the way you Willabee, all night long.
Strut Miss Sally, Sally, Sally.....Strut Miss Sally all night long.

You know times seemed much more simple and carefree then??

I guess we had NEIGHBORHOOD togetherness back then??? We made our own fun and games.

ROTFLMAO at yall in this thread.

You know, how come we don't see threads like this doing football season. :lol:

Back