Prairie View vs. Paul Quinn game.

SAME OLD G

A product of Greatness
Staff member
Dude,

I just found out the the PV/Paul Quinn game will be played at Lancaster Jr. High school. PQ has its own stadium on campus...its not much, but why is this game being played at a Jr. High school? How big is that stadium? Was it too much to have it at a high school stadium?

SMH!!!!

Your guess is as goods as ours.......it's their home game. I didn't know that they even had a stadium.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Yeah Fiyah, they got a stadium. I have even been there for a game. But a Jr. High school...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :(

It was anticipated as such although we thought it would ultimately be <b>Lancaster High School</b> since Wilmer Hutchins HS is having all of those problems. :smh:

Panthro said:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :(

It was anticipated as such although we thought it would ultimately be <b>Lancaster High School</b> since Wilmer Hutchins HS is having all of those problems. :smh:

Just beat the hell outta them and get ready for the JAGS to roll into town.

I love when the JAGS come to Houston! :D

I happened to be in Dallas two weekends ago and I attended the PQ vs. Langston game. All I can say is Lancaster's stadium is not that big.......It may hold 3500. PV's band will take up a good portion of the visitor's side.

Last I heard the band would not be there, especially if the stadium is that big/small. But stranger things have happened....Hell, we are 1-0.

I love when the JAGS come to Houston! :D[/QUOTE]

I love it too!! Those Jags represent in Houston. 30k strong!!

"L" I would love to see PV and PQ because I support BCF but I can't get noone to respond about the tickets. Jukebox89 I will more than likely see you and the jags on the 18th.

TRU2GSU said:
"L" I would love to see PV and PQ because I support BCF but I can't get noone to respond about the tickets. Jukebox89 I will more than likely see you and the jags on the 18th.

The tix are being handled by PQ since it's their home affair. I'm walking up and purchasing on the spot. I'm sure that PV fans will outnumber PQ fans. Word hasn't really gotten around dallas yet how good our team is this year so those fairweather PV fans won't show - only the hardcore supporters. But I'm most certain they are gonna' show for GSU-PVU after it's plastered everwhere that PVU is 3-0 :eek: (couldn't help myself :emlaugh: ).

If our band is there I will teee-rip! lol But, strange things happen. :eek:

Panthro said:
The tix are being handled by PQ since it's their home affair. I'm walking up and purchasing on the spot. I'm sure that PV fans will outnumber PQ fans. Word hasn't really gotten around dallas yet how good our team is this year so those fairweather PV fans won't show - only the hardcore supporters. But I'm most certain they are gonna' show for GSU-PVU after it's plastered everwhere that PVU is 3-0 :eek: (couldn't help myself :emlaugh: ).

If our band is there I will teee-rip! lol But, strange things happen. :eek:

I really appreciate the info Panthro!! There was a PV alumi sitting in front of me at the GSU/ASU game telling me that PV is going to sneak up on a lot of people this year. Jukebox89 was keeping posted on the games and I was shocked when he told me that PV was beating up on TSU. lol. I want to see PV 1st hand for myself.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Same O G,

Good question. It is my understanding that they have been playing all of their games except Homecoming at Lancaster High School i.e. Tiger Stadium for the last couple of years at least. It seats 4,750. I am not sure what Paul Quinn College home stadium holds. But, it needs some work. But, they have a spirited affair for homecoming last year when they played Texas College. I had an opportunity to get my Black College Football fix in the last weekend in August when Paul Quinn College played Langston University in the Tiger Stadium. They have the Lancaster High School Band represent at the game. They where more hype than Paul Quinn College, but not as much as Langston University's band. But, I have not heard anything about the junior high school stadium. I would guess it wwould be smaller than the high school stadium size capacity of 4,750.

Why in the lleh is PVU playing at Paul Quinn. Thats horrible. You never play a team from a lower division on the road.

It is a home and home series deal with them, they played last year at PV.

MEDIA ADVISORY

The Prairie View A&M University at Paul Quinn College football game will take place Saturday September 11, 2004 at 6:00 p.m. at Lancaster Tiger Stadium in Lancaster, Texas. Prairie View was initially informed that the game would be played at 2:00 p.m.
The match-up between Prairie View and Paul Quinn marks the fourth consecutive season that the two teams will face each other in non-conference play. The Panthers enter the contest with a 1-0 mark while the Tigers are still searching for their first victory of the season at 0-2. A PVU win would secure the Panthers a 2-0 record for the first time since 1964.

A friend of mine (PQ alum) told me that they're having some structural problems with the on-campus stadium at PQ.

That's why they're playing the home games somewhere else.....

~~that's what I was told~~

:smug2:

TRU2GSU said:

You know where I live and the brisket will be ready at 2:30pm.

Back