Prairie View hoops just wrapped up a SUCCESSFUL recruing season

Blu Panther

The name says it all
Us folks at Prairie View are proud to tell you we are back in business from the hoops side. (football is next) We just finished the most successful recruiting season in the past 30 years and we probably signed one of the top 3 classes in the SWAC.

I know it is early but don't be surprised when we blow some of you folks away. If we had a decent team without coachng and weights, imagine what the team will look like when we do.

All I got to say this is an example of what full scholarships at Prairie View do. I heard we brought 4 kids in and they all signed instantly over BIGGER programs. And unlike AAMU, we had no "inside" connections to the star recruits.

2002-03 Panthers
Malachi Thurston 6-4 JUCO - Averaged 27.8 PPG and 8 RB
went to USC before transferring. USC and other Pac 10 schools wanted him but he saw PV and committed. Was told folks are still sractching their heads.

Kevin Cooper - 6-3 JUCO - Great defensive player. Oh yeah, averaged 14.3 ppg at Lee JUCO in Tx.

Gary Hamilton - 6-9 - LA - Chose us over several PAC 10 schools. Nominated for McDonald's All-American team. One of the top power forwards in California.

Dashon Harper - District III - Player of the Year in Ohio. To be player of the year he has to be doing something.

These kids add to an already potent team coming back. We got the 7-footer looking good, the two 6-9 kids getting bigger and better. The 6-5 forward is working out and we return the All-SWAC guard in Greg Burks.

Like TSU, we got kids stopping by everyday asking about basketball.

We are back. The title will stay in Texas regardless of school.

Originally posted by Blu Panther

The title will stay in Texas regardless of school.

Stay?!? What do you mean stay in Texas? The title ain't even in Texas right now.

:confused:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Blu Panther
Us folks at Prairie View are proud to tell you we are back in business from the hoops side. (football is next).

When was "US folks" at Prairie View in business??

Glad to see that Prairie View will try to keep up with it's big brother from 3rd Ward. I'm proud of our Panther cousins.

I can see the theme for the 2003 SWAC Tournament Championship game now..... Revenge (1998 Style)

One good thing about being an AMMU graduate is knowing the fear we strike in other schools heart. You guys are funny. Every post has to compare yourselves to A&M. It is nice to feared!!!!

Very good recruiting class.

but teams just get scared when they see a uniform with Alabama A&M on it. How bad did AAMU beat PV in the first round of the SWAC tourney last year? Burks is my favorite player in the SWAC whenever he isnt crying about something. The BIG light skinned dude could be all SWAC if he works on his game over the summer. PV should be in the top 4 in the SWAC next year.

Originally posted by C-LeB28
Glad to see that Prairie View will try to keep up with it's big brother from 3rd Ward. I'm proud of our Panther cousins.

I can see the theme for the 2003 SWAC Tournament Championship game now..... Revenge (1998 Style)

If the 2003 SWAC Tournament Championship game is half as exciting as the '98 one, it will be well worth seeing. :D

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOk???

Just don't come in like cabbage..............'all head and no azz'??

It is good to see that you are upgrading the level of athletes you are recruiting. You certainly will need that aspect of your athletic program to be at the highest level possible in order to be competitive at this level.

Realistically, you can expect to get that azz thumped on a consistant basis for the next 2 years or so until these recruits grow up a little and learn how to compete and win in the SWAC.:eek2: :bawling: :eek2: :bawling:

the JUCO kids know how to play at a high level. They've probably seen more talent there than the SWAC.

If TSU was decent with no talent, imagine PV next year with talent and coachng? If we're beating out PAC-10 schools on one trip we can't go anywhere but up.

We will probably get our azz kicked in preseason but we'll bounce back.

Originally posted by C-LeB28

With the Panthers winning2 out of 3 times again to seal the championship!

Do y'all stay on Fantasy Island or something, it takes time to make a dominant basketball team. Y'all got a nice recruting class but they won't make a big impact just like that.

Beware of the Awakened Panther

Sting:

The LA Lakers have only 2 dominant players. As a result of these dominant players and a supporting cast, they have won 3 NBA Championships. Unlike football, an average basketball team can be transformed into a championship caliber team with an exceptional recryuiting class. With the right 7 to 8 players, a team can consistently win championships.

The panther has been awakened. :D

Originally posted by Sting
Do y'all stay on Fantasy Island or something, it takes time to make a dominant basketball team. Y'all got a nice recruting class but they won't make a big impact just like that.

Sting, tell the PV folks again I don't think they heard you!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Sting:

What you fail to understand is that it takes time for teams to understand one another. Look at the 2000 champs of the SWAC(Bama State). We had three All-American on that team and it took them 3 years to get a SWAC championship

What you fail to understand is that it takes time for teams to understand one another. Look at the 2000 champs of the SWAC(Bama State). We had three All-American on that team and it took them 3 years to get a SWAC championship

and you also had Spivey coaching also. He has screwed up a few teams in the past.

You folks fail to realize we have a decent team coming back so these recruits and new coaching will only help us get over that hump. These recruits are enhancing us, not carrying us.

Back