Prairie View A&M Student Remains In Jail

LaCumba

SAINT
Fourth Man Charged With Murder In Deadly Mob AttackPOSTED: 7:52 am CDT October 26, 2005

DALLAS -- A Prairie View A&M student remained jailed Wednesday as the fourth suspect in a deadly mob attack.

Phillip Horton, 19, of Dallas, was held in the Waller County Jail in Hempstead on bond of $500,000 on a murder charge, according to a jailer who declined to be identified.

Horton was arrested Tuesday in the investigation of an Oct. 2 beating in Dallas that left Joseph Anthony Davis Jr. dead.

The attack on Davis, 18, took place in a parking lot in the hours following the State Fair Classic football game.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/5179060/detail.html

Fourth Man Charged With Murder In Deadly Mob Attack

POSTED: 7:52 am CDT October 26, 2005

DALLAS -- A Prairie View A&M student remained jailed Wednesday as the fourth suspect in a deadly mob attack.

Phillip Horton, 19, of Dallas, was held in the Waller County Jail in Hempstead on bond of $500,000 on a murder charge, according to a jailer who declined to be identified.

Horton was arrested Tuesday in the investigation of an Oct. 2 beating in Dallas that left Joseph Anthony Davis Jr. dead.

The attack on Davis, 18, took place in a parking lot in the hours following the State Fair Classic football game.

That kid was from Natchez :shame:

Davis death raises many questions
By CHRISTIAN SCHMIDT
The Natchez Democrat

NATCHEZ - Nearly two weeks after his death, relatives of Natchez native JoJo Davis are still searching for answers.

Joseph Anthony Davis Jr., 18, was beaten to death by several men early the morning of Oct. 2 outside a party at the Adams Mark Hotel in Dallas for reasons still not clear to law enforcement officials or his parents.

?You wonder why? Why do things like that have to happen to kids like that,? Joe Davis Sr., JoJo's father, said. ?I don't just say that because he's my son. People shouldn't have to worry about that kind of thing happening.?

Davis and two relatives had attended the Grambling-Prairie View A&M game earlier that night. The three men were leaving a party when a crowd of about 200 people surrounded them and a number of men

?It's just amazing that 200 people stood around and watched while a dozen men beat him to death and did nothing,? Davis Sr. said.

http://www.natchezdemocrat.com/articles/2005/10/14/news/news04.txt

LaCumba said:
Fourth Man Charged With Murder In Deadly Mob Attack

POSTED: 7:52 am CDT October 26, 2005

PV students are a MESS!!!!

we need to stop this black on black crime we really do!!!! I hate this happend and it really hurt me on how we as black people can never enjoy a simple football game with out some fool being stupid I hope he get life in prison you see this system is too weak I think if you commit murder you should spend life in jail why let you out to eventually kill someone else.

And the boy that was murdered was 18 he had his whole life before him how can someone do this the murderer need to rot in jail for life

We as a People are a mess. Not just PV students............not just Gram students...............not just black students. Hell, this same thing happened at the Georgia/Florida game.

WalkWitaPanther said:
We as a People are a mess. Not just PV students............not just Gram students...............not just black students. Hell, this same thing happened at the Georgia/Florida game.

Oh no....you see gramehalesmeth only knows about PV news. You see he's so incensed at the lackluster education he received when compared to a PV education that he has become obsessed and searches the internet all day hoping to get a glimplse of whats going on at a real university. He doesn't uderstand life outside of what happenes at PV.

BLAQUE PRINCE said:
Oh no....you see gramehalesmeth only knows about PV news. You see he's so incensed at the lackluster education he received when compared to a PV education that he has become obsessed and searches the internet all day hoping to get a glimplse of whats going on at a real university. He doesn't uderstand life outside of what happenes at PV.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BLAQUE PRINCE said:
I feel ya, Prince. Even as a "newbie" on the site, I realized that some people aren't worth arguing with.

Yeah I caught wind of this a few ago and was very displeased.

I really feel for the murdered 18 yr olds' parent(s), uncles who witnessed, etc.

The "element" that is thuggism has to cease. :| I thought it had something to do w/ the "traditional" Dallas/Houston riff but this seems lke it was something else altogether. Kids aren't just acting like they don't like each other- I believe that they TRULY DO NOT like each other. :(

Terrible. :(

Back