Prairie View A&M New Athletic Complex (Con't 3)

ClkT6LWVYAEa3UD_zps6ypnllus.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
From the photos posted It "looks" like it seats at least 25k.
I said the same thing man! The way they have that stadium laid out, really gives the impression and every fan the football experience. All 15K of them. But apart of me thinks it sits more than that, and they will sell more than that. Because the area behind the end zone will stay full, and the hill in front of the score board will definitely become a place to be.... Lol

I wonder what the visiting team's locker room looks like....@Fiyah you slipping on the pics..lol

Well it don't look like that. They didn't even give the visiting coaches a separate space to get dressed in. I would have at least did that.

From the photos posted It "looks" like it seats at least 25k.

I think the two levels design gives that illusion. The first time I went to a game at the Berry Center in Cypress, I thought it was ALOT bigger than 11K. Its the perfect size for us. I'm sure it will be rocking the same way the Babydome used to.

not having visiting locker rooms of a certain caliber may be the difference in losing a playoff game and that's major in Texas

if teams dont want to use their home locker rooms like the Dynamo or Texans, you would then need a pair of locker rooms just for neutral teams

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Well it don't look like that. They didn't even give the visiting coaches a separate space to get dressed in. I would have at least did that.

LOL. Well we don't even let mofos use our visiting side of the Field House.

Prairie View A&M introduces new athletics building

The Prairie View A&M football team will come to Kyle Field on Sept. 10 with a whole new swagger.

The Sunday prior will be the inaugural football game in Panther Stadium, a new 15,000 seat facility that includes a 55,000 square foot athletics building. The new complex came with a $60 million price tag.

Wednesday, the athletics building was unveiled to the media with Texas A&M System Chancellor John Sharp and Vice Chancellor Phillip Ray in attendance.

Ground broke on the stadium project in December of 2014 and the complex is slated for a July 2016 completion.

The building houses new locker rooms, a training room, team dining room and coaches’ offices.

“This is going to be one of the greatest stadiums in the country and it’s a beautiful stadium,” Sharp said. “You can see the weight rooms and see the training rooms – some of these things are NFL standards. It’s going to be a great megaphone for Prairie View to speak to the world.”

http://www.theeagle.com/aggie_sport...cle_9d81a216-38b7-11e6-8c52-6b2ef1b2b86b.html

Prairie View A&M Hopes New Stadium Will Boost Enrollment

PRAIRIE VIEW — When the Prairie View A&M Panthers face off against the Texas Southern Tigers on Labor Day weekend, the game will be about more than just the teams on the field.

The match will be the first hosted in Prairie View A&M's new football stadium and field house, a $61 million facility that university officials hope to leverage to increase enrollment and elevate the identity of the small, historically black college.

“This is the dawn of a historic era for Prairie View,” Texas A&M University System Chancellor John Sharp said at an event held Wednesday at the new field house. “This is about a lot more than a football stadium. The stadium acts as a megaphone to the world about the great things happening at this university.”

The new stadium, built on the grounds of former Blackshear Field, will feature 15,000 seats, along with 500 premium seats and 10 sky boxes. The new field house includes a weight room, locker rooms, a training area, a full kitchen and classrooms.

The Labor Day weekend classic will be aired live on ESPN’s college sports channel ESPNU, university officials announced Wednesday.
Roy Perry, president of the Prairie View A&M Foundation, said the new facilities and coverage on a national network will be useful in attracting more students — both athletes and fans — to the university.

“We’re doing all this so students will give us a second look,” Perry said.

With several large university systems nearby, including the University of Houston and Rice University, Prairie View A&M has struggled to compete for students. Founded in 1876, it is the second oldest institute of higher education in the state, but its enrollment has stagnated at about 8,000 students over the past several years.

University officials say the football stadium will help boost enrollment along with other major facilities upgrades, including a new soccer stadium under construction and a recently renovated track stadium where the U.S. Olympic track team will train this summer.

“In the next 10 years, we should be at 12,000 to 15,000 enrollment, but I don’t see why we can’t be at 20,000,” Perry said. “We will make Prairie View stand among the giants.”

Head Football Coach Willie Simmons said the stadium is already attracting prospective athletes to the school. In the last two months, 25 high school football players visited the campus without outreach from the university, Simmons said.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/06/23/prairie-view-m-uses-athletics-boost-identity/

Back