Power Book III: Raising Kanan

Yep. I love/hate seeing these back stories. You see the conflict and how one thing going right or wrong has a huge impact.
Wow...

1st Raq is a foul Mother... :mad: Now I can understand why Kanan would eventually take out someone who was close to him like Jukebox in the original Power story never mind his own son. 🤒 That sick energy started with Raq and her 👿 dealings. It's pretty much everyone in this family being sneaky and slick, setting each other up to help themselves. 😈 That move she did on her own son tops off all of the snake 🐍 like moves she's made and that is saying a lot.

Now I wonder if Kanan is going to take out his moms. If he did, that would be no surprise justified in this Power Universe.

2nd... you all know, I always have and still am an addict of "The Wire." 👍 When there is nothing else on my agenda I have time to blow, I will rewatch season 1-3 over and over and over and over again. I know the scenes, the lines, and every character and can break things down like it is a dissertation for a doctoral class. 🎓 With that being said, it was crazy 🙄 seeing Lawrence Gilliard Jr. aka Deen go out in the same manner when he played D'angelo Barksdale on "The Wire." The writers man... 👀 ...and I loved it! Salute to Courtney Kemp! HA HA😄

Now let me go meditate and get rid of this energy like I do everytime I watch an episode..sheesh! 😄🙏

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to watch the latest episode. Dayum Raq, but it shouldn't have been too unexpected since see did get him to try to kill his own father. It's amazing in trying to get away from her Kanan is going to become her.

Ronnie is a psycho and he's going to go after Raq. The question is is he going to kill Unique or is Unique going to kill him? Is Ronnie Breeze ( both of his kills so far have been real smooth and he's real quiet and laid-back)?

Ronnie is a BAN.
It's amazing how Marvin, the most unhinged, has become the most grounded. His and Unique's character development is great.

Ronnie is a BAN.
It's amazing how Marvin, the most unhinged, has become the most grounded. His and Unique's character development is great.
Unique had no doubt become my favorite character. Definitely wasn't expecting him to go out like that by his own kin.

Ronnie... man...(In my Avon Barksdale voice)--> "They gonna have to get deep on him."

Raq getting back in the game is setting her and Kanan up for a head on collision. I've been wondering how the writers of the show were going to turn young Kanan into the older ruthless Kanan, the Kanan that strangled the elderly woman to death in her own apartment, after first pretending he wanted to help her put the groceries in her home..

Now I think I see it coming. The writers have built up the contempt he has for his mother to the point where he nearly despises her. It doesn't bother his conscience at all to defy his mother, and he no longer cares what others have to say about her. He had no problems with others saying, "f**k Raq" in that club scene.

The writers are setting everything up for a matricide scene. Raq will never see it coming, because as she told Omar Epps character she is not scared, but instead aware and paying attention to every angle. There is one angle she will never anticipate though due to a mother's love.

Tariq killed his father, Ronnie killed his brother and the raising of Kanan is about to happen when he kills his mother.

Last edited:
This show is doing its job: putting "method to the madness" that would become Kanaan Stark and I'm here for it.

Imagine how different things would be if Raq had started off being momma?

Sidenote: What if Unique is somewhere fighting for his life with memory loss? If Ronnie is Breeze, we can't really say too much because Tariq still walking around with his own show and fine women willing to kill for his trifling ass.

The writers are really moving things along now. I think we're about to find out part of what caused Juke to go into flip mode. The animosity we saw between grown man Kanan and grown woman Juke is now constantly being built up.

I wonder have they already began the writing for a new power series just involving grown man Kanan.

Is Raq' going to kill Ronnie for putting Kanan into the heroine game, sending someone after Juke and killing her lover Nique'?

Who is Raq' aiming that heater with a silencer at?

I think Kanaan killed his entire family….
After watching episode 8, I can definitely see that. I mean, we all are saying it over and over again. With his mom being the way she is, it is likely he is going to have to do something to stop her. If he were to kill her indeed, it would make total sense of why in the original Power series he could actually pull the trigger on his own son after using him the way that he did.

I went back and rewatched the scene when Raq went to the table with the character played by Wendell Pierce aka "Bunk Moreland" of the Wire. I LOL when he was speaking to her like he was speaking to D'angelo Barksdale (that name just won't go away will it) and told her she need to, "Step the F Down." He is a good actor though. All of them are very good in their roles and I continue to love the continuity in the writings.

Since there is no more Unique, Marvin is now my favorite character. Bruh is versatile, loves good food, has a sense of humor, and is well rounded in everything from photography to delivering mail. 😁

Last edited:
This show is doing its job: putting "method to the madness" that would become Kanaan Stark and I'm here for it.

Imagine how different things would be if Raq had started off being momma?

Sidenote: What if Unique is somewhere fighting for his life with memory loss? If Ronnie is Breeze, we can't really say too much because Tariq still walking around with his own show and fine women willing to kill for his trifling ass.
What you say about that boy Nique?

My random thoughts of this season's finale...

Unique..wow, I should have done like others and made note that we never saw his body. So now the question is, will his personality be the same? Or is he being transformed into the much anticipated character that everyone is waiting for (Breeze)?

RIP Ronnie, his character was spooky at first but got kinda silly at the end...he and his Honey Nut Cheerios will be missed...

Just when you think Kanan is finally leveling up to be his own man, here comes his mama Raq into the picture like always, taking over, telling him to come on, thus Kanan does that trademark grimace as he has no choice but to follow and do what she says...Man, Raq ain't never gonna let that boy be...he gonna have to kill her for real...

RIP Detective Howard...I knew his days would be numbered at some point. I was caught off guard but it was a smart move on Raqs part as it should take the heat of evidence away from them for now...

I was very entertained. BMF is back up next right?

Last edited:
😱😱😱!!! I just finished watching! The finale was great! I didn't anticipate the twists with Kanaan. So many complexed characters! Lou looks in the mirror, but what is his realization?

That's how you do a season finale!👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿

The finale was on point!!!!!!!

Kanaan tried to flip the script and thought his family was going to back down. I had a feeling Raq and Marvin were not going go kill Lou. Raq won’t kill family.

Kanaan was confused as hell when Raq shot his father. Raq refuses to let anybody in her family take the fall. Marvin went to jail for the family and he knows his role in the family. He is the muscle. Raq is the brains. Lou is designed to be the one to clean up the money. Yet, all three have to realize what Lou’s role is. Somebody has to be clean!!!!! Lou and Famous cleaning the money will work.

The problem is KANAAN!!!!!! Kanaan created the entire Power series….he is the Darth Vader of Power. It all makes sense now and I’m glad 50 Cent and the writers designed the show the way they did.

Now I want to see the next spin off where we see Tommy and Ghost as teenagers. Kanaan in my age 49 to 50. So Tommy and Ghost are right around the corner.

Back