Power Book III: Raising Kanan

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
After watching the latest episode, I am definitely amazed at Kanan's continued foolishness. So many decisions he has made has led to unfortunate circumstances around him. It does help to viewers to understand his character more deeply in the original series.

Last edited:
Now I can understand why Kanaan was Kanaan. His mom's actions last week and this week coupled with her in red , spewed demon. The end of his monologue was an excellent way to end the season. It makes you feel sorry for him and jukebox.

That dayum crackhead is funny as hell though! 🤣 🤣 🤣

This is a great show.

Now I can understand why Kanaan was Kanaan. His mom's actions last week and this week coupled with her in red , spewed demon. The end of his monologue was an excellent way to end the season. It makes you feel sorry for him and jukebox.

That dayum crackhead is funny as hell though! 🤣 🤣 🤣

This is a great show.

I feel really bad for Jukebox.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Caught the first episode of season 2. That scene in the original Power when Kanan killed Jukebox in order to spare Tariq hits a little different now that we know more of their history together. ...and we still have much more to learn about them.

Yea it hits hard.....basically Kanaan killed his sister-cousin.

It is getting better for me.
I'm really torn between the characters. Like, now I'm kinda rooting for Unique. Even as an antagonist, I've seen that he has been at least reasonable in his dealings, yet he now stands alone.

Then Raq, I now kinda want her to pay for killing Scrappy when she didn't have to or due to her not considering her own son's opinions on the matter of taking out a loyal soldier. But I get it though. This is of course "Power." She herself had just been down before getting back up and in control of things. Nothing is fair in the game. So she is trying to stay ahead, even if it's at the expense of being foul. I get it.

So yeah, it's getting better for me. No doubt, the way everything is playing out is exactly like chess with sides going back and forth, maneuvering, plotting, exposing weaknesses in others, and sacrificing....I love it...

Last edited:
Think Unique gonna hit? I ask that because it seems like she thought about it real quick after he left when he asked her about the possibility of them getting together.
Raq is a bad broad and cold. Finale a few weeks ago was nice. Southside!
Yes I was entertained with season 2. At this point, I am totally Team Unique. I like his style on the chessboard...subtle, smooth, and will make moves when the time is just right.

We are in season 3 right? This first episode was good even though all throughout, there was a dark feel to it. Interesting change up with Detective Howard played by Omar Epps officially being a corrupt detective.

In better words from a post that I saw on social media that was funny as ...L, "Detective Howard has the juice now." 😆

Back