Possible Draft.....dodger

Being Honest...

Originally posted by GramFan
Funny, it was, I think, 7 posts ago that I posted my opinions. And even though my post included my opinions on "being patriotic" and the Conference on Racism, no one had a thing to say about the Conference except Sleeper who said he started the thread. I'm through with the Patriotic thing because like Mr. Matriculation I just thought I'd post my opinion. Now that im done with that and any of the fallout that resulted, how do you all feel about the U.S. pulling out of the Conference?

Well, to be honest....
The US pulling out if the Racism conference is based on the White House views, not necessarily on the whole country's views.

Regardless...

<h3>Right now I don't give a rat's azz about the US pulling out of the racism conference. </h3>
wtc.jpg

<h4>Too many dead Americans</h4>

Hmmmm...let's see how many people are risking their lives to escape the United States to go to another country that treats them better? I understand both arguments, but I yes even I would fight for this country. As stated earlier, it isn't perfect, but it's home. I have to take care of my own first!!! Bin Laden instructions were not to kill only white people or only black people. More than likely, he killed some of his own people that became Americans...HE DID NOT CARE!!!...an American is an American regardless of color.

I never feel patriotic, but this Sat. at the game, I will be standing and giving much respect to the flag :eek: (yes Blu said that!!!). Does it take away from the white cashier watching me as I shop? NO! Does it make me forget the beatings my ancestors encountered for their struggle for freedom? NO Does it make me oblivious to driving while black? NO But when it comes to protecting my home that my ancestor practically built, I will! When something goes wrong in your own household, do you just pull away and leave? I think not. You're going to work hard at correcting that problem; or at least I should hope so.

*Turn up the radio, Whitney is singing the Star Spangled Banner*

Go head girl

Originally posted by BluBlood
Hmmmm...let's see how many people are risking their lives to escape the United States to go to another country that treats them better? I understand both arguments, but I yes even I would fight for this country. As stated earlier, it isn't perfect, but it's home. I have to take care of my own first!!! Bin Laden instructions were not to kill only white people or only black people. More than likely, he killed some of his own people that became Americans...HE DID NOT CARE!!!...an American is an American regardless of color.

I never feel patriotic, but this Sat. at the game, I will be standing and giving much respect to the flag :eek: (yes Blu said that!!!). Does it take away from the white cashier watching me as I shop? NO! Does it make me forget the beatings my ancestors encountered for their struggle for freedom? NO Does it make me oblivious to driving while black? NO But when it comes to protecting my home that my ancestor practically built, I will! When something goes wrong in your own household, do you just pull away and leave? I think not. You're going to work hard at correcting that problem; or at least I should hope so.

*Turn up the radio, Whitney is singing the Star Spangled Banner*

Blu,

You said a mouth full there. I could not AGREE more.

Re: Being Honest...

Originally posted by SUperJag96

Well, to be honest....
The US pulling out if the Racism conference is based on the White House views, not necessarily on the whole country's views.

Regardless...

<h3>Right now I don't give a rat's azz about the US pulling out of the racism conference. </h3>
wtc.jpg

<h4>Too many dead Americans</h4>

Ditto!!!!, if you want to talk about the confrence go to the dayymmm thread about the confrence.

This is about people not willing to step up to the responsability of supporting America and all her flaws. America is like each of us, we all have a few thing we would like to be differend about ourselves, but for the most part we are stuck with what we have.

If your mom, dad, wife, husband or loved one of any relationship was a victim how would you feel then?

See one of the major differences is that this enemy we face is willing to die for his cause;Destroying America. Thier cause provides for no exceptions. Each of us, our families, loved ones, and our beloved HBCU's would be considered american targets. What are you willing to do to protect your own?

There's always somebody that cnat see past their own front yard and see whats really going on. Its your own ignorance that leads people to think that only white people were in the pentagon or the WTC. Both of those buildings were full of some of the best and brightest black people in the world. Bin laden isnt fighting no damn racism. his Rich ass daddy is mad at the King of Saudi Arabia because he cant get no richer off our damn money. Racism is israel HA! what a dayum joke.

TAKE OFF THE BLINDERS

You guys are being over zealous and irrational. Osama Bin Laden is smart and ruthless; plus he is pissed. America did something to piss this guy off to the point that he successfully masterminded an attack on the PENTAGON and the WORLD TRADE CENTER. Now yall wanna go fight the man. If he pulled this off, there is a good chance he can pull of something else just as big. I don't think America can stomach to many more of these bombings. If Osama wants to talk or negotiate, we need to listen. If he doesn't wanna talk, then we need to destroy him and pray that we can prevent further attacks(biological or chemical).

Our government needs to quit pisssing on people and thinking we can get away with it.

p.s. I can't believe half of you negroes on here are supporting Bush. You all aint ever supported Bush, what makes you think that dummy didn't do something to provoke Bin Laden to pimp slap us?

I can't even come up with something to say because J-State, Blu, SuperJag, JSU*ATL have said it best.

For those who are non-patriotic, be grateful you're on this soil. You can't be in Iran acting non-patriotic. Your azz would be gone before the sun came up!

Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees.

My. My. My

This isn't about supporting President Bush.
This is about Defending America.

This is isn't about preventing further attacks(biological or chemical)...
These demons want us and our way of light wiped from the face of the Earth.

If Osama wants to talk or negotiate, we need to listen...
MY ASS... F*(k Bin Laden. If someone break into your house and rape you, you gonna negotiate with them so that they won't do it you again? And they let you know where they live?

I don't think so!

(Kenn..Sorry about the outburst, but please forgive and me and don't EDIT)

Man, oh man.... oh man....

Speechless....

And, just think that some day some of these SAME peeps will be in the working world somewhere... :(

Those who were killed were mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, cousins, friends, ... There was no "black or white" in that. :(

My wife (Dulles based flight attendant of 13 years) has done a few of those long haul flights from the east coast to the west (and vice-versa). That could've EASILY been her on one of those flights.... :( She actually knew that one flight attdt who made the cell call. :(

These last 5 weeks have been the hardest of my entire life w/ my 4 year old daughter being diagnosed w/ cancer and now this along w/ the fact that a friend was murdered in Dallas approx 3 days ago :(. Son, if you'd come out of self and walk a step in someone else's shoes, you'd understand why so many are patriotic.

All of us shouldn't hesitate to step up for this country. Isn't that what you're in school for anyway? To further this country's initiatives and/or ideologies in some shape, form, or fashion? This country is far from perfect, but, it's all that WE know, we have, our ancestors have known, our ancestors had, and it's why <b>we continue to live here.</b>

Just at a loss for words.... Coulda' been you upon your graduation working in one of those nice towers in Manhattan. Could be you working in a bldg where a disgruntled co-worker may bring a gat in and just start blasting. Could be you to wreck this evening on the way home. Could be you to fall asleep tonight and not wake up tomorrow morn. You just never know... Do the RIGHT thing while you can while it's day, for when the night cometh.... No man can work.

Peace.

Panthro!

Hard head makes a soft behind

If Osama wants to talk or negotiate, we need to listen...
MY ASS... F*(k Bin Laden.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

That kind of logic is what probably caused this guy to pimp slap us. I can hear Bush saying F*uk Bin Laden. We have no choice but to retaliate now, but in the future we need to deal with these type of people more wisely.

Logic?

Okay...Let's negotiate:
  • I want all US Armed forces of the Middle East, South Korea, Japan, and Europe with 48 hours.
  • I want 3 trillion dollars in gold in 24 hours.
  • I want you to say that you're sorry for protecting your own national interest.
  • I want you to forever abolish all forms of Christianity in the USA as of now!
  • I want the USA to live in the great light of the TALIBAN (No TV, No Music, No Football, NO smiling, No Soap, No Pork, No J-State, No Courts, Women are nothing, No Jesus Christ).
  • Do this or ELSE!
-----------------------------------------------------------

I guess the world should have listened to Hilter too?
If the Germans and the Japenese would have won World War II...
We would not be having this conversation right now!

You finally said something worth reading!

Originally posted by Mr. Matriculation

but in the future we need to deal with these type of people more wisely.

EXACTLY! And the wisest thing we can do is FIND HIS ASS, cut off his head, and DISPLAY THAT ISHT in the ROTUNDA of the NATION'S CAPITOL BUILDING!!

Osama

I've been aware of Bin Laden for atleast 4 years now. He has repeatedly caused havoc in Africa(tanzania and Kenya), the Port of Yemen, he kicked the Russians out of Afghanistan, he proved a formidable opponent for the U.S. in Somalia, and he funded the muslims in Bosnia. This dude aint nobody you can just piss on.

If you all would use a little common sense you would understand that something triggered this retaliation from Bin Laden. He wants the U.S. to quit funding Israel with cash and firearms because Israel is kicking his peoples arses all over the middle east. He wants Europe and America to quit trying to strong arm the Saudi's out of there own oil, and he wants the trade embargo's lifted off of his people. The most important part is the Holy Land that Israel and Palestine claim. They will die for the Holy Land, but the U.S.A. is helping Israel lay claim to it. He also hates western culture with a deep passion for all of the above stated reasons. You have to negotiate with these kind of crazy lunatics or demolish them. Those are your only choices. You just can't say F*k them. Thats when they snap.

Tell me how in the world can a lunatic like this live to see 44 years old if he doesn't have some of our own government officials by the nuts to keep him alive. Our government screwed the American people just as bad as Bin Laden did.

Please...Get your infromation right

What embargo on his people?
Only embargo is on Iraq for trying to steal Kuwait's Oil. (Gulf War)

No one is strong arming the Saudi's out of their own oil...Those MO'FOs are selling that sh!t to us for $30/barrell...robbing us blind. You ever heard of OPEC?

bin laden is like a Mosquito buzzing our ears....Time to squash his EVIL ASS!

<center><h4>Faces of Evil</h4>
ap_bin_laden_010912_nh.jpg

ap_bin_laden_010620_w.jpg

</center>

Against my better judgement...

…..I decided to post in this thread.

I do this as a person who has worked on an Air Force base. I also have family members who are in law enforcement. (Consider what law enforcement along with the firefighters is going through in DC and NYC.) My late grandfather was in the Navy in Hawaii. (Note the Navy's treatment of Black men then.) And probably most of all I am a son of two disabled Air Force veterans. My father, whom along with my mother I admire the most, for one almost died of in a plane crash in Texas about eight years before I was born. He is also a veteran of the Korean conflict. Though my mother is from Georgia and my father lived a lot of his life in Memphis, my parents were married at Lackland in San Antonio.

I for one do not support the actions of the terrorists. There was no justification for those acts. A lot of those people who died in the WTC, the Pentagon and Pennsylvania were a lot like us. My prayers and heart go out to the families and the souls of the victims. They did not have anything to do with U.S. foreign policy, which I often consider mystifying. They were indeed hard working people, a lot like us.

But I will not condemn or attack Mr. Matriculation or GramFan for what they said. You may not like what they are saying. You may want them to say burn the H*** out of Afghanistan or any Arab, whether or not that Arab is an innocent civilization. You may want them to say something like let's (literally) nuke those nasty fools or whoever is responsible. You may want them to say a lot of things that they have not said. You may hate them that they are not saying those things.

But I think that some need to re-read what they have said. You can believe it or not. Among the things that they have discussed is the U.S. arrogance of power. To often the U.S. goes in with the attitude of do what they want whenever they want. That is not only towards the Middle East. It is also towards Africa and Latin America in my opinion. Don’t be surprised if this war is a little longer and nastier than expected.

BTW if you want to vent anger with those who disagree with some of you, go to The Black World Today web site. Some may find a lot of writings that they disagree with on that web site.

As for our people, we have died on the battlefields around the world for American democracy. But too often our servicemen and women came home to discrimination and lynchings. Yes, they have come home to lynchings. Our people still came home to a lot of discrimination after Vietnam. I do not remember most of the news during Vietnam. But I will show my age and say that I remember seeing the news and after effects of that war, which were very real.

In essence I do not feel that we should simply discount what they say because it appears to be different than most people on this message board. They are saying what a lot of Black folks have said.

On a side note, two of my mother's sister's children are of Arab descent. Their father is from South Yemen, which is right by Saudi Arabia. They live in Ohio. I sure hope they are not victims if violence like some what has occurred at some mosques near Dallas.

Sure, I feel that this nation has more freedoms than any other. I have no problems saying it. Those freedoms exist mainly because of the our ancestors (and others) fight against slavery and segregation. Again my prayers and heart go out to the families and the souls of the victims. I want to see the nation rebuild. But I will look at this situation in its entirety.

Again I post this message against my better judgment.

Small world EB. Does your aunt/uncle live in Columbus (or suburb) and teach (public schooling and Ohio State)? Named Abdul?

Now, back to the topic. This is a very complex topic. Here we have history which is not on the person of colors' side in this country and we're again being asked to go and fight for a whole nation that wholly has disregard for us as a people historically.

We, as a people of color, have been waging a 'small' war w/ the "powers that be" in this country since this country was formally created. And now, we're being asked, again, to fight for the betterment of the whole rather than the betterment of a small part.... Interesting...

Panthro, my uncle worked at Ohio State and is named Abdul. I did not know that he taught in the public schools. Yes, they live in the middle of Columbus. However, it has been a while since I have talked to him. I e-mailed his daughter to see how they were doing but have not heard from her. I may call them this weekend.

You donkey headed ni&&ers make me sick. Matriculation werent you the fool talking about porch monkeys? I see why a lot of people think blacks are stupid. This aint about no damn GW Bush. It aint about black people. Didnt bin laden blow up 2 embassies full of africans in 1999? Was Bush president then? Bin laden aint no damn palestinian, and he aint from Israel.

Man.... The world is TOOOOOOO small. No, I meant that Mr. Abdul's wife is a public school teacher and he was a prof @ OSU. I know their children (son and daughter) quite well. We attended the same church and I used to invite myself to their crib for dinner on Sundays :emlaugh:. Their mom (who also is a PV grad) felt sorry for me since I was a bachelor :D. She fed me all the time. LOL

Small world.

Well JST, I do believe that this is a sensitive subject. It's almost like a 2 sided sword that cuts both ways when thrust. :(

Originally posted by Panthro
Man.... The world is TOOOOOOO small. No, I meant that Mr. Abdul's wife is a public school teacher and he was a prof @ OSU. I know their children (son and daughter) quite well. We attended the same church and I used to invite myself to their crib for dinner on Sundays :emlaugh:. Their mom (who also is a PV grad) felt sorry for me since I was a bachelor :D. She fed me all the time. LOL

Small world.

I did not know that my old aunt was back teaching. I did not do a good job of keeping up with the family. :eek: Yes, she is a proud PV grad. She went to school there when her cousin Billy Nicks was the football coach.

When I had more money, I sent her and her late younger sister a lot of PV paraphernalia. She had an older (now late) sister that use to live down the street from her. She (the older sister) did not like it when I gave the other two PV stuff. :eek:

Trust me. You did a lot of good eating at her house.:)

I read all these post but the question still remains: If we don't fight for ourselves, who gonna fight for us? We fight for everybody because we have the manpower, technology, etc. Do you really think all these other countries will step up to the plate and reciprocate. If we don't fight, life as we know it will be a part of the "back in the old days" speech you will be telling.

And yes, I may be a woman, but I got skills. So I will do my part.

Think about it.

This is a good subject, and many made good points.
However I feel the name calling and personal attacks were well beyound the pale. The thread started with the draft, which seems to have somehow got lost. Questions! If drafted would you serve? Are we as a nation ready to draft women? If we go to war will you signup tomorrow? I didn't aks these questions to start a war. For those of you are wondering. Yes I was drafted. Yes I did serve. Not wanting to disclose my age or anything of a personal nature. "VIETNAM"

Panthro, I called my aunt last night, and she and her family are doing all right. They had their two grandkids, and on Wednesday she told her husband to lay low. I am sure that she told her kids to do the same.

On of my cousins who use to live down the street from them and is now in San Francisco called on Wednesday. I think that she said my 95 year-old grandmother, who has seen more than her share of racial attacks, called. Trust me.

Consider this. My grandparents (grandfather is deceased) had 12 kids (three deceased), almost 40 grandchildren and a lot of great-grandchildren. (Yes, it is a big family.) So my aunt, her husband and the kids will be getting a lot of calls from people in Ohio, Georgia, and around the country. This includes our relatives outside the immediate family.

EB,

Your supporting two people who facts are not correct. Arrogance of power and attitude does not excuse bin Laden for these attacks.

Bin Laden major reason for attacking America is not the so call Holy Land. He feels that the US should not be in Saudi Araba and that his country is being used by America.

I do have a problem with the US Policy in the Middle East. I have a problem with US Policy toward race in this country, but none of those will make me forget or make me feel that I should not support this country actions in response to these attacks.

I served this country once and I have no regrets. Never would I dodge the draft or tell others not serve. The military could save a lot of young brothers who are now dying in the streets for nothing.

Back