Possible Draft.....dodger

Okay now I am going to weigh in on this:

My ancestors helped to build this country. From slavery to the Civil Rights even until today, this country has been built on the backs and with the blood, sweat and tears of them. Therefore I have a stake in America. America is my home. And very much like my personal home, it is not perfect. But I do have the right to change anything I don't like (within reason). If I don't like the service I recieve, I complain. If I have a problem, I have a voice and the ability to be heard. I have not traveled to any other countries (not even Canada or Mexico...note to self I need to get out more :D) but I have no doubt that America is the strongest and greatest country in the world. That is why I am here.

Although Americans have not treated other citizens (their own and those abroad) fairly at times or most of the time, that still doesn't ruin the process. We cannot judge the whole by some of it's parts. All NYPD are not terrible because they shot Amadou Diallo or because they accost you black men in the street. Right now they are searching for missing people. Some are good and some are bad. As with anything in life I'm sure even within our own families, we have have relatives who would save the world for us and some who would steal it right out of our hands.

The act of terrorism was a terrible and evil thing. It should and will be punished. It is too late to negotiate with Osama bin Lauden, he should have tried that before he harmed a hair on a single American's head and especially after he had done it once or twice and seemingly got away with it. But yes, my country had a hand to play in this also. Look at the pictures, consider the story and think. I am not too convinced that no one knew about this attack. Perhaps not the magnitude or the way that it was going to happen, but it is rather ironic. It's even ironic to me that we have a Republican president, govenor and mayor at the forefront of this tragedy. This is in turn will strengthen the Armed Forces, central intelligence and is an all around good time for those who believe in war.

But the bottom line is I am an American, all of you (us) are American and those were American lives who were lost or harmed on Tuesday. And whether I like it or not, David Duke and I have one thing in common, we are both American and we both must fight together for the common good of our home. We may disagree in what we believe in but he has his rights and can speak his mind as may I. My ancestors felt this way and that's why they fought. I did not always believe this, there was a time when I felt as you (unpatriotic) but the longer I live in this country and see it's beauty and it's pain my mind and ideals have changed.

These are some of the reasons I feel we must fight and protect our country but I am not in favor of doing it blindly and destroying innocent people. Lives have already been ruined. Evil should not cause more evil. We must answer the call. I know it's easy for me to say because I'm over the age limit (I think...better check on that :confused:) but this country and this particular leader has my support. I just pray he leads us in the path of righteousness...

Those are my thoughts...dissect or criticize as you wish.

SUperjag I think I may steal your flag and put it in my signature...

What's that saying? Opinions are like arse holes, everybody has one!!!!:D

I hate some of yall feel the way you do and I respect your opinions. But no white man has every stop me from accomplishing my dreams and this is my country just as much as the next man, White, Black, Yellow, Red....!! And when I fight for this country I'm not just fighting for white america, I'm also fighting for your freedom, your rights, black america, the ghetto, the hood, It's all a part of the USA. Yes, we have are problems but this is our home. And when I see those inocent black faces that are no longer with us it pISSeeSS me off. Nobody deserves to go out like that.

No matter what you think there is no place like the USA. Believe me I know, I have been around this globe and there is no other place I rather live. I don't think we here really know the true meaning of freedom even with our racial tention.

Blacks have played a vital role in all of our nations wars; the Civil War, WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Korean War and Desert Strom. And this one is no different. If me fighting will protect your freedom , rights, and will prevent and protect my black brothers and sistas from these coward attacts, then so be it!!!

I'm not going to get into the details of the discussion, except to ask one question.

Those of you who have problems with America, yet live here, I want you to post who or what is holding you back from becoming whatever the "L" you desire? What laws need to be passed in order for you to succeed? (Sorry that's two questions).

The reason I asked these questions, you can not make people like you. There are plenty of folks of your own color who do not like you.

. . . . if you put a slave in a hog pen and train him to live there and incorporate in him to value it as a way of life completely, the biggest problem you would have out of him is that he would worry you about provisions to keep the hog pen clean, or partially clean, or he might not worry you at all.

an example from LET'S MAKE A SLAVE by Willie Lynch

Ya know, I personally don't codone all of this fighting amongst one another as countries. But hey, if it came down to it, it will just be me and my gun out there rollin' in the sand and aiming for the mountains.

I understand both sides of this debate, but we really got to look at the big picture here (as most of you have already stated). We have to stand up for our own. Honestly, those people are willing to do whatever it takes to shut this country down and make us slaves to them. Not just the blacks and hispanics....but all of the Americans. They hate America to the highest degree. Even before Bush became president, they used President Clintons picture as their gun targets when they trained in those camps. So, this was already going on before Bush got in office. It's just that know that we have a (you fill in the blank) in office, and it caused even more dislike (b/c they hated his dad).

Now, this thing with Osama began back in 1991 when we fought in Desert Storm. As we all know, the country of Saudi Arabia is a muslim country. The principal "holy" cities for them are Mecca and Medina. As a general muslim rule, no one is permitted in these cities but worshippers of Allah. Well, our soldiers kinda disregarded that rule and went into those cities anyway. I don't think many of the Arabians thought much about it then, but it really upset this Osama guy who then was living in Saudi Arabia. That's when it all started with him. Couple that with fact that they view us American Christians as a bunch of hypocrits anyway. They look at our slogan "One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty, and justice for all" and dissect it into pieces. Firstly, yall know we have freedom of religion here-----where people actually serve many gods. The Islamic people just do not understand how we can truly be ONE nation while serving any kind of god we want. Yes, Christianity is supposed to be our thing here, but we live all kind of different ways and not the way that God wants us to according to them. Oh no....not over there! Everyone is straight out Allah and on one accord with it. Just look at those people. If anyone steps out trying to be apart of something other than Islam, then you gotta go. Moreover, we are the money capital of the world. The citizens have all of this freedom, money to do whateva, just go and come as you please, and just have ourvelves a ball here! Well, they hate that. We are unholy and hypocrital sinners in their eyes. See, religion is the prime thing in their society. They eat, sleep, and breath Allah. We as a whole don't do the same for God here. They view us as being so caught up in our freedom and sins that just disregard what is holy. And I guess they feel that anyone that puts God in their country's allegiance should be the same way they are. So, what they call themselves doing is cleansing us of our sins throughout the years by causing death, destruction, and confusion in our country. They have decided to take it upon themselves to play God. In other words, they have become the "world police" as they view us to get things back in order. By doing such things as they have, they are thinking that we will stop our so-called wicked ways and start living somewhat like them in the meantime. Freedom is like a curse word to them. But we are the land of the free.... So, that is why they are declaring a "holy war" on us. For those of you who do not know what that is----a "holy war" is a war between religions that last and last until either someone gives in or someone is completely wiped out.

So, terrorism WILL NOT stop regardless to whether or not we declare war. They are all willing to die for what they believe in---which is Allah. In order to stop them, we would have to wipe out the entire nation of Islam and leave their lands barren. Do you all actually think we could do that alone? Are the other nations really willing to step up and defend Christianity? Flipping the script, they feel that if they can wipe out our land of the free, then this world would be a better place. They see it no other way.

You have appropriately analyzed the situation..

Truthteller
You have spoken a mouthful.... but it's possible to get there w/o thinking about bin Laden and his form of Islam. The Bible has given us a model of holy relationship with God. God has shown it as that of Husband and wife... If either party commit adultery the relationship/marriage becomes unholy and produces sin. God commands that the believer places nothing before Him. Jesus has for our supreme sacrifice, deny thyself, pick up your cross and follow me. Apostle Paul describes himself as a prisoner of Christ... and in Revelations the New Jerusalem comes both as a bride for a wedding.... In America, just how much allegance do we have for the Lord, or is America trying to proove how proud we can make the Lord w/o the Lord.... But as I read my Bible, Christ says we can do nothing w/o him....

But it's easier to blame extremist Isalmic terrorists than to face our own sin/shortcoming/transgression

Good information.... the saga continues

Gramfan
. . . . if you put a slave in a hog pen and train him to live there and incorporate in him to value it as a way of life completely, the biggest problem you would have out of him is that he would worry you about provisions to keep the hog pen clean, or partially clean, or he might not worry you at all.

The Constitution begins with these words, "We the People", if you are not part of the "we" then I guess you can become a "slave"

Slave or free, you gotta spend eternity somewhere?

Blublood: I never feel patriotic, but this Sat. at the game, I will be standing and giving much respect to the flag (yes Blu said that!!!). Does it take away from the white cashier watching me as I shop? NO! Does it make me forget the beatings my ancestors encountered for their struggle for freedom? NO Does it make me oblivious to driving while black? NO But when it comes to protecting my home that my ancestor practically built, I will! When something goes wrong in your own household, do you just pull away and leave? I think not. You're going to work hard at correcting that problem; or at least I should hope so.

Here, here, to the statement above.

For those who don't support U.S. retaliation, and believe the 6000 plus who died in the attacks were "fair game", why are you still in the U.S.?

I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but would you have a different opinion if this attack occured at a SWAC event that attracts more than 90,000 people?

Does this mean you won't support soliders who may die, just so you can continue expressing your views?

As a reservist from the Mid-Atlantic, this was an attack on my home, friends, and family that i love dearly. Don't let an attack happen at your home front before you get your mind right.

Back