Please Help Grambling Trumpets

Overshooting, baritones overblowing smh. The field show was ok, the part they showed, but the band sounded a mess. What was the name of the song they played and started to sing afterwards?? Never play that again....:( :confused:

I think that the band did a great job representing the SWAC, and the crowd enjoyed the show to the fullest.

Question to the critics?? Would your band sell out all the seats?

Would your band entertain 30.000 plus??

It's the begining of the season and at the begining, what band is 100 percent??

The band was great and I hope that you all have a productive season..

At Jackson State at home we have 30,000 plus. Out west, those people are hungry for black folks. They would go see Valley.

Well the point is that Gram has been known to entertain 30,000 or better and that's a fact, not just home games but all across the nation on a consistant basis..

Say what you want.. People will always pay to see GSU..

Originally posted by 98LastRip
Well the point is that Gram has been known to entertain 30,000 or better and that's a fact, not just home games but all across the nation on a consistant basis..

Say what you want.. People will always pay to see GSU..

Na playa more people are paying to see SU and JSU. BTW ya'll sounded a hot mess. I waited all that time to see the so called "new and improved GSU" and I got the same ol shat.:rolleyes:

You just have to be joking!!! LOL... No disrespect to JSU or SU .

SU always sounds a hot mess.. Oh i know, now your going to say that you sound good... or better than us..

People pay to see GSU that's a fact.... We have a large fan base and people want to see us outside our fan base, that's a fact

Grambling is just known more than JSU or SU, not saying that you are not known but if you were to take a poll out side your community, more people know Grambling, plain and simple.

SU you don't sound good... It's a fact, your just louder than everybody..

how stupid are yall on the swac page you cannot judge the sound from a television because of where mics are set and you gonna hear distortion. just like the year su played america by ray charles on the field at the classic it sounded good in person but when nbc aired it on tv it sounded like shat so be real damn, i notice you all just look for gram to do something wrong damn it's like gram is under a damn microscope, good you care though. the sound has improved i heard it for myself in person and if you all have common sense you would not judge the sound from coming through a tv set.

and oh gram draws fans home attendence has been rising every year and this year will be no exception the world fame is just known and thats what most of the people come to see especially in cali, you just have to give credit where credit is due grambling has the name, the name will draw always because of the legacy the band and football team has built to with stand time.

lol these excuses...i was expecting better...all we saw was the same GSU..with the same GSU shatty sound..

so i guess all this swacpage hocus pocus.."we are on another level this year "crap was in vain??????????

i knew it..:lmao:..-marks off GSU- now to see if mvsu and alcorn workin with something

Some people can't be pleased!!!!

This is what I'm talking about. You can bend over backwards for some people and that's still not enough. Based on what little I saw on the screen how can you go about making an accessment? Who gives a crap what you playa haters think? There is improvement. The band does sound better and is more focus than before.
We have only just begun and we will continue to march on through the crap that you constantly throw in our face. Thank you for the fertilizer!!!!

Re: Some people can't be pleased!!!!

Originally posted by Legend35
This is what I'm talking about. You can bend over backwards for some people and that's still not enough. Based on what little I saw on the screen how can you go about making an accessment? Who gives a crap what you playa haters think? There is improvement. The band does sound better and is more focus than before.
We have only just begun and we will continue to march on through the crap that you constantly throw in our face. Thank you for the fertilizer!!!!

LOL!!!! Man nobody throwing fertilizer at yall. Thats the smell of the sound coming from that thing yall call a band. BTW tell yall band director not to dance on national tv again. That fool look like he was a temptation reject. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: Re: Some people can't be pleased!!!!

Originally posted by S.U. T-BONE 99
LOL!!!! Man nobody throwing fertilizer at yall. Thats the smell of the sound coming from that thing yall call a band. BTW tell yall band director not to dance on national tv again. That fool look like he was a temptation reject. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You're exactly right. He played right into the ole *****shine mentality the white folks think about us. All that was not necessary. I was shaking my head at such a coonish act. I can't stand monkeyshine isht.

As far as GSU band is concerned, they may have entertained them white folks and props for that, but musically they did not sound good to me. I am old school and I know what GSU used to sound like and if any fool on here thinks they sound better than SU, JSU, PV, UAPB and some others then I have to ask them to have their hearing checked. If SU sounded like that I would be pissed.:redhot: This is my opinion, no disrespect meant.

From a nonbias attendee... Grambling put on a great show. All this crap about the quality of Gram's sound is garbage. I can't speak for the ESPN viewing audience, but from the stands they sounded absolutely remarkable. The crowd (San Jose's and Grambling's) gave them much house. A little too quiet in the stands for an HBCU band though.

Now I saw JSU on BET a while back. Now that was a hot mess!! And tis was just after Drumline hit the theaters. I just knew JSU was ging to bring it on national TV. It was a total let down for me.

That's my objective opinion. No, you didn't ask for it. But I don't need your permission to give it either!

I think that the band did a great job representing the SWAC, and the crowd enjoyed the show to the fullest.

Well let's see

Originally posted by tbonenupe
At Jackson State at home we have 30,000 plus. Out west, those people are hungry for black folks. They would go see Valley.

That's the exact point I was bout to make. They'd go see anyone black band especially with all this GSU false advertising that was probably going on leading up to the game. I wanted to say something in that thread bout the band being more popular than the team. Come on, anyone would have sold all those seats.

And to answer his question, yes. Everywhere we go and people know the BOOM is coming, ticket sales shoot through the roof. Just like it did with USM and some places we performed for the first time.

You GSU people are so funny. Its a trip watching yall believe your own hype. Yall actually have fooled yourselves and people who don't have a clue into thinking yall are the baddest band in the land or even a bad band at all. Yall are the most overrated band in the history of the SWAC. The Grambling name gave yall exposure and has basically allowed yall to overshadow much better bands for decades. Yall just happened to be the first and the one who has had the popularity the longest, and coupled with that self-hyping GSU propoganda, folk who don't know or are just getting exposed think yall are better than yall are.

man it's some dumb arse people on here judging the sound from a tv you know that it's going to be distroted because the placement of mics thats common sense they didn't play much in the stands so you can't judge from that stand point. if you have any musical training you know you can't judge like that.you can judge in person thats's the only way, but i'm glad you are still doubting and hating. as far the trupmets they are on piont this year you will see all the brass is on their shat but you are the type that has to learn the hard way.

The crowd enjoys anything over nothing. Marinate on it.

Why is that relevant when World Shame didn't?

Yes. And, "has" would be the correct tense.

Sorry to answer a question with a question, but......

What band hasn't been 100% in decades?

I guess the glass ceiling is still there....just cleaner.

man, this post is HILARIOUS. Makes me mad that i missed the laughs yesterday on tv.

I needed this....seriously, thanx.

LMAO @ SU sound bad, they just louder than everybody else.....:rolleyes:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: @ this post

Blade, please do not try to correct my words by trying to dictate tense etc.. There are many ways to say or write things..

For example

Would your (meaning not what has but what will) for future tense..

Thank you..

I WANNA KNOW ONE QUESTION IF GRAM IS SO SLAW IN YOUR OPINIONS I NOTICE YOU PLAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO GRAMBLING, I MEAN IF GRAM IS SO SLAW WHY DO YOU WASTE YOUR AIR ON GRAM I JUST DON'T GET IT.

Back