PLAYBOY MAGAZINE AND Women....A Question of Ethics or Morals

Dr. Sweet NUPE

I was in a discussion with my girlfriend last week and she asked if she posed for Playboy would I be upset. My answer was NO, heck I would let my daughter pose for Playboy. If it was Hustler or Penthouse I might have a problem because those two magazines in no way compare to Hugh Heffner.

My question is simple is posing Nude a Moral Issue or an issue of personal Ethics?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I guess it's personal ethics

The question is how will you feel about the reaction to it.

This reminds me - Vanessa Williams was talking on Access Hollywood about how she was offered the part that won Halle Berry the Oscar on Monster's Ball. Yeah, on the one hand, Vanessa also thought that could be an Oscar-winner. But, on the other hand, there was the butt nekkid & freaky part of the movie that put up a red flag for her. She said she didn't want her 14-year old daughter (& 3 other kids) to have to go to school the next day with fellow students raggin her about seeing her mother naked. I feel her.

Of course, that didn't stop her from posing for those pictures Penthouse found.... :uhoh: Guess she didn't think about that daughter she'd have several years later. Point is, it's your choice to determine what it means to you and to those you care about. If you're not bothered by such things, have at it. But it does boil down to what you believe.

Then again, does that mean it's about your ethics or your morals?

Re: I guess it's personal ethics

Originally posted by kevdawg
The question is how will you feel about the reaction to it.

Of course, that didn't stop her from posing for those pictures Penthouse found.... :uhoh: Guess she didn't think about that daughter she'd have several years later.

I know there were somethings you did when you were younger that you would look back on now and think why did I do that. She was only like 19 or 20 then, So I give her a pass on that.

I certainly won't condemn her...

I enjoyed the pics too much for that :D But they're all gone now that I've changed my ways - no I'm serious.

Anyway, I figured someone would make that point, and I agree. Yes, we all make mistakes we wish we can take back (I know I have), and Vanessa should not be condemned for her actions. Still, you gotta know that posing nude for public (heck, even for private) pictures is liable to come back and bite you someday. So, you gotta decide you either can deal with it or you don't do it to begin with.

I can understand and appreciate Vanessa's reluctance to take the Monsters Ball role. But I'll point this out. There's a big difference between some 20-yr tastefully-done 'still' pictures, and two live-action sex-scenes, filled with maoning and groaning.....

The pictures don't 'live', but the movie scene is 'live action'.....

I don't think it has anything to do with ethics or morals. IT's all about politics and the religious right. We've been taught that the naked body is a terrible thing. I don't care as long as it's tasteful and the girl's family is ok with it.

Well I would say Personal Ethics. I saw a special on Fox Friday night I think about seven women in competition for Ms July Playmate. They had one Sista named Christina among the seven women. She made it to the final three but lost out to a Blonde. Hugh Heffner and his crew picked the winning girl. Although I must say from watching it they had a tough time picking who they wanted.

you just betta think about it

All those girls on that Playboy special on Fox will now be recognized. For better or for worse. I'm just saying the woman oughta think about that before they decide to do it.

Vanessa Williams ain't outta the woods just because she did a pictorial & not a live action romp. The pictures weren't exactly the prissy, fairly tame Playboy fare. She was in sexual positions with another woman, and she showed ALL PARTS of her anatomy. Trust me, the only thing missing was moaning & groaning. I hope her children don't see them or face the repercutions, but I wonder....

Y'all heard about that stripper whose daughter was kicked out of private school? They wouldn't even let her finish the year! It's not right, but that's how it is. I applaud the mother for wanting the best for her daughter, but both of them will face the stigma that goes along with the mother's profession. It's just something they have to be ready for. But it wouldn't have been that way if she made a different choice.

A woman should be free to do it. Just don't complain about being known afterwards.

Back