Planet Fitness Is Not a Gym

Kendrick

Administrator
Staff member
a Category 2 shitstorm exploded on Reddit when a Planet Fitness member complained that his local club had removed its only squat rack. By way of explanation, an employee told him “a customer complained that it was intimidating.â€

As of Friday morning, the post had generated more than 1,400 comments, and links to the rant showed up all over my Facebook feed. When my New Rules of Lifting coauthor Alwyn Cosgrove wrote about it, his post got 70 shares and more than 300 likes.

But you know what the weirdest part of the story is? That a Planet Fitness franchise still had a squat rack to remove.

“That’s not a typical Planet Fitness,†says McCall Gosselin, the company’s director of public relations. “Our clubs don’t have equipment like squat racks and Olympic benches. Our dumbbells only go up to 80 pounds.â€

Understand that Gosselin isn’t apologizing for any of this. This is the company whose commercials make fun of bodybuilders and gym bunnies, the people most dedicated to serious training. This is the place with “lunk alarms†that go off when someone grunts while lifting.

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/planet-fitness-not-gym?fullpage=true

I told you this on facebook about two years ago bro... planet fitness is a workout facility for lazy and fat people to feel comfortable. I have seen one of them give out pizza to patrons on Mondays.

As of now, I have gym memberships to PF and Gold's. I see nothing wrong with PF aside from the lack of barbells and dumbells that go beyond 65 pounds.

But you can tell that the crowds are different between the gyms, though.

Aye Kendrick...there's a planet fitness INSIDE Evergreen Plaza. :lol:

I think Walgreens used to be where the Planet Fitness is now inside the mall. The most northern store that sits on 95th St.

I think Walgreens used to be where the Planet Fitness is now inside the mall. The most northern store that sits on 95th St.

I thought Evergreen Plaza got shut down. I keep hearing there aren't really any stores there except for Carson's or Sears, I don't remember which one.

That's a hood PF. I went up there this past December when I was on vacation. The only thing I liked about it was the barber shop in that joint.

I thought Evergreen Plaza got shut down. I keep hearing there aren't really any stores there except for Carson's or Sears, I don't remember which one.

There are no stores open on the second level of the mall. Carson's and the small food court, nail shops are the only real businesses left now.

That's a hood PF. I went up there this past December when I was on vacation. The only thing I liked about it was the barber shop in that joint.

:lol:
I've never been in there, I just went to EP last year (maybe year before) looking for some gym shoes and I looked in that direction and was like, "are those treadmills?!". :lol:

There are no stores open on the second level of the mall. Carson's and the small food court, nail shops are the only real businesses left now.

I just read online it's supposed to get demolished, except for Carson's and Planet Fitness, and turned into an open-air mall. Which means I won't be going there in the winter. :lol: They used to have the best nachos at Evergreen Plaza!

:lol:
I've never been in there, I just went to EP last year (maybe year before) looking for some gym shoes and I looked in that direction and was like, "are those treadmills?!". :lol:

I just read online it's supposed to get demolished, except for Carson's and Planet Fitness, and turned into an open-air mall. Which means I won't be going there in the winter. :lol: They used to have the best nachos at Evergreen Plaza!

Open air mall? Mane, Chicago is not in Lake County. And yes, those nachos were the bomb. They were sold right around the way from The Lark (Bougie black hood high school kid store) ******s thought they were the shyt buying clothes from in there.

Open air mall? Mane, Chicago is not in Lake County. And yes, those nachos were the bomb. They were sold right around the way from The Lark (Bougie black hood high school kid store) ******s thought they were the shyt buying clothes from in there.

Yep!!!! :lol:

That's right I only shop at Oak Brook in the summer time...it's open air. Too cold for all that! :lol:

Man it use to be some hood chicks up in Evergreen Plaza. :lol:

The Plaza was the spot on Saturdays. I mean...every mall is the hangout spot for teens on a Saturday, but it was different because you had the hood Chicago teens and the suburban teens meeting up. I used to just sit in the middle of the mall, where the escalators were, and just watch. I was amazed. :lol:

We'll see how this is gonna work on 95th. LOL

It will work. They are changing that entire corner over there. Got that Walmart (or Sams), just opened the Menards, now they just need some real stores. I live right down the street on 127th. :tup:

The Plaza was the spot on Saturdays. I mean...every mall is the hangout spot for teens on a Saturday, but it was different because you had the hood Chicago teens and the suburban teens meeting up. I used to just sit in the middle of the mall, where the escalators were, and just watch. I was amazed. :lol:

It will work. They are changing that entire corner over there. Got that Walmart (or Sams), just opened the Menards, now they just need some real stores. I live right down the street on 127th. :tup:

You live in Beverly?

Dam, I remember when EP was the only Mall to go to. We weren't really allowed out there at the other mall further out west. If you didn't go downtown or to 63rd & Halsted for clothes we would catch that Cottage Grove #4 to 95th st and transfer over on the 95th st bus to Evergreen Plaza.

That's Planet Fitness for you.

Gym tells woman to cover up because her ‘toned body’ intimidated others

The Planet Fitness gym in Richmond, California is standing behind their dress code policy after one member claimed that she was told to put a shirt over her intimidatingly toned body.

As reported by KTVU Channel 2, Tiffany Austin was recovering from a car accident and getting back in shape with her first workout at the gym. However, her time exercising was cut short when a Planet Fitness employee stopped her. Austin explained, “She says, you know, ‘Excuse me, we've had some complaints. You're intimidating people with your toned body. So can you put on a shirt?’”

Source

You can't wear skull caps at planet fitness? Them folks are really picky.

Muslim Woman Files Lawsuit Against Planet Fitness Over Head Covering

According to the 37-year-old Albuquerque resident, she signed a two-year contract with the New Hampshire-based business at one location where she was never given a problem about wearing her Muslim head covering. When McDaniel transferred her membership to another Planet Fitness location, though, she was allegedly told that her religious head covering was not allowed because it was against the gym’s dress code, according to the lawsuit.

However, the gym in question did display a sign that read, “No jeans, work boots, bandannas, skull caps, or revealing apparel.”

there's a PF down the street from me. we thought about joining during that $10 promotion, but learned the fees and lack of additionals was not worth it. members of LA instead. i've never being inside one though.

Back