Parasites and Spywares

Jag-BR

Go Jags!!!!!!
I have a parasite on my computer. It's slow and pop-ups are really popping up. Could anyone help me, or tell me info were I can get this off of my computer, or tell me some places I can buy the kit, or could I remove it myself.

The first thing you shoud do is go to this site. The software is in beta and its free until the end of the year. MS has not decided if they are going to give it away or sell it. They bought the company last year and the software is really good. I assume that you have a firewall (try zonealarm free version - if you dont have one).

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

Download, install and update the software - then reboot, Then disconnect your PC and let it run.

Try that first then get back to me.

Do you already have Anti-spyware software installed? Do you have any firewall software installed as well?

Usually, if I already know there is some spyware on my machine. I try to look for keywords associated with the popup or do a google search on the url that I get redirected to. Chances are, others have ran across the same problem and have listed a solution on a message board somewhere.

If you want to get real techie about it, go into the startup process of your machine and disable any processes that starts when you boot up.

Steps.
Click on start, then run
then type 'msconfig'
click on the startup tab

I always UNCHECK everything that is NOT under c:\windows\system except for something like MSWord.

Then I analyze the processes under window\system to see if they are windows process or spyware. Be very careful of the processes you disable here.

This will prevent those processes from initializing themselves. Do this AFTER you have run your anti-spyware.

Jag-BR said:
I have a parasite on my computer. It's slow and pop-ups are really popping up. Could anyone help me, or tell me info were I can get this off of my computer, or tell me some places I can buy the kit, or could I remove it myself.

What happened? Did you fix the problem?

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I brought a kit from Wal-Mart, and I had trouble fixing it, but I let the scanner scan all the problems, and I removed it all. I'm just gonna run it for 25 minutes, or so.

Thank You all for trying to help me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back