Packers CB Hit up style

J-State Tiger

Senate Candidate #7
Packers CB Hurt in Domestic Dispute
By ARNIE STAPLETON AP Sports Writer

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - The Green Bay Packers don't expect their preparations for St. Louis to be affected by the domestic dispute that left cornerback Tyrone Williams with a gashed right forearm.

"Being a professional, you always have to separate - even though it may be hard - things that happen off the field, and he is a professional," safety Darren Sharper said. "And I know once it comes down to Sunday, we can rely on him."

Williams, a fifth-year starter, was injured Tuesday night at his home in a domestic disturbance, after which his wife was arrested. He missed practice Wednesday so he could deal with the matter, but is expected back Thursday.

Coach Mike Sherman, who described Williams as distraught, called the issue a private matter and didn't even address the issue with his team.

"I bet most guys don't know about it," quarterback Brett Favre said, "which is better."

Police said Williams' wife, Shantel, was arrested after the player was cut on his forearm, requiring several stitches. She was jailed for several hours before posting $850 bond Wednesday, said Sgt. Larry Malcomson of the Brown County Sheriff's Department.

A court date was set for Feb. 12.

Police Capt. Bruce Tilkens said Tyrone Williams arrived home before 9 p.m. with a male friend who wasn't a teammate and found the tires on his 1978 Chevrolet Malibu slashed and windows broken. When he entered the home, he found his clothes cut up or doused with bleach, writing on the walls of his house in red lipstick and items broken.

Shantel Williams used pepper spray on her husband and he pulled her to the floor, Tilkens said. That's when Williams received a gash above his right wrist. Police did not know what caused the cut.

Paramedics flushed his eyes, and Williams went to an emergency room for treatment of his cut, which his agent said wasn't serious.

The agent, Dick Davis of West Palm Beach, Fla., said the couple's three young children were in South Florida with their grandparents at the time of the disturbance.

Brown County Assistant District Attorney Kendall Kelley said his office was reviewing the case. "But I don't anticipate any felony charges," he said.

Although he attended team meetings, Williams wasn't in the locker room during the media access period.

Defensive coordinator Ed Donatell said he expects to have Williams back as the starter, but could use Tod McBride, who played right cornerback at practice Wednesday, Allen Rossum or Bhawoh Jue if necessary Sunday.

"All those guys come into play," Donatell said. "To be honest with you, I don't think we're at that point, unless you know something that I don't right now."

Williams went to court Wednesday and asked Circuit Court Commissioner Lawrence Gazeley to lift an order requiring his wife not to have contact with him until the case is resolved. Gazeley complied with the request.

Kelley said there's no reported history of violence between the couple and that he didn't feel Williams would be endangered.

Davis said his client was fine both physically and mentally.

"It's a flesh wound, it didn't hit any vessels or tendons," Davis said of his gashed forearm.

Davis said Williams was focused on the playoffs and that his work won't be affected.

His teammates said they wouldn't be affected, either.

"It's unfortunate for Ty and his wife and family. But for any of our players to let that affect the way we play or prepare would be wrong," Favre said.

Receiver Antonio Freeman, who has had his own troubles off the field the last two seasons, said Williams' teammates will help him through.

"Things like this happen. This is life," Freeman said. "Things happen at the worst time, at the most inopportune moments. But those are the things you've got to deal with."

Sharper said that Williams, who once served jail time for firing a gun into a car in college, is strong enough to handle this.

"He's been through adversity in his lifetime, I know he can handle any situation that might arise off the field," Sharper said. "If I had to pick a strong person to deal with it, it'd be him."

I wonder what set her off?

And why was dude tooling around in a '78 Malibu?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by J-State Tiger
Packers CB Hurt in Domestic Dispute
By ARNIE STAPLETON AP Sports Writer

Police Capt. Bruce Tilkens said Tyrone Williams arrived home before 9 p.m. with a male friend who wasn't a teammate and found the tires on his 1978 Chevrolet Malibu slashed and windows broken. When he entered the home, he found his clothes cut up or doused with bleach, writing on the walls of his house in red lipstick and items broken.

Shantel Williams used pepper spray on her husband and he pulled her to the floor, Tilkens said. That's when Williams received a gash above his right wrist. Police did not know what caused the cut.

Paramedics flushed his eyes, and Williams went to an emergency room for treatment of his cut, which his agent said wasn't serious.

Now, I wonder what would have happened if it was him that was doing this to her? This brother probably would still be in jail and miss his playoff game. :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Packers CB Hit up style

Originally posted by Blacknbengal

Now, I wonder what would have happened if it was him that was doing this to her? This brother probably would still be in jail and miss his playoff game. :rolleyes:
Man you can believe that fa sho. They are much tougher on Domestic Violence here in Orlando. But they treat women and men the same for the most part. Ol boy would have that ankle bracelet on for sure.

Back