Outsourcing

Killer Bees

Has anyone outsource anything? I am in the process of outsourcing a project to a team in India. If you done this, what were your experiences?

I have outsourced a few IT applications to India and Australia. The guys in India are pretty talented. They do pretty good work, but it takes them FOREVER to deliver because they have many processes in place that adds time to get the product into production, BUT it is usually a very stable product.

The major setback is the HOURS. They do not conform to the Western business day, so many times the communications took close to 24 hours to get answers. Meetings are LATE into the day or very early in the morning.

Turnover is very high there, so don't expect to have a certain group of workers very long. But, this goes back to the extensive paper work and processes I mentioned earlier. Everything is documented so well, that a new person to the team with technical talent can quickly get up to speed.

Yeah, I outsourced an IT application I just don't have time for myself between work and school. I had a bad experience on one site that I don't use anymore and decided to move to a new one.

I just learned something new. It seems like I have to the project manager/qa tester all roled into one. It is like you have to tell them every little detail to a "T". Frustrating.

Back