Other than your school's band, who is your favorite band in the SWAC? Tell the truth

Re: Other than your school's band, who is your favorite band in the SWAC? Tell the t

1) Southern

2) UAPB

3) PV

Re: Other than your school's band, who is your favorite band in the SWAC? Tell the t

SWAC band - JSU
non-SWAC band - FAMU

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

My favorite SWAC band is no one
MY favorite non-SWAC band is no one.

Why am I not surprised..:rolleyes:

You and another poster must be related.....:read:

SWAC - I would say SU. Being from the Boom, I have always enjoyed when we played SU. It was the measuring stick for both bands.

Non-SWAC - TnState - it's just something about that version of "Glad" that they play.

Besides Alcorn

Southern. :tup: :tup:

Bethune Cookman

Jackson State

North Carolina A&T

Dang! Just say most of the SWAC! :lol:

And Non-SWAC....Tenn State...
90 Min 5th Quarter vs JSU................

And they are killer with the James Bond Theme Music!!!!!!!

Swac.

Pv
Su

Meac
BCC

Before I went to SU, I liked Jack State, but since then, I have realized that they not what I wanted..... If I had to march for another SWAC school though, it would be JSU.

SWAC
JSU
TSU

Non-SWAC
Old Morris Brown
NC A&T

PV for me. :tup:

Other than my school's band which is Jackson State, I would have to say Southern is my favorite band. I like their Jazzy aggressive sound.

I am an alumnus of Alcorn and the Sounds of Dynomite; so my next favorite would be SU

The Sonic Boom of the South...then a far second would be The Marching Storm of PV

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

I used to like Jackson State back in the 1980's, today I would have to say Texas Southern.

Besides my own AAMU MARCHING MAROON & WHITE

Tie at #1 - ALABAMA STATE HORNETS
ARKANSAS PINE BLUFF GOLDEN LIONS
2. PVAMU PANTHERS
3. SOUTHERN JAGUARS
4. J-STATE TIGERS

Besides my own UAPB, I would say GSU. I grew up less than an hour from Grambling and I basically broke, well started a trend of band kids from my high school going to UAPB instead of GSU. Those commericals, Superbowls, and trips to Japan were very, very interesting to me.

1. GSU
2. PVU (man, PVU was simply HEAD BUSTAS in the 90s and still are)

Now, there isn't a SWAC band that I don't enjoy.

Let me leave out PV because I am biased.

I will say that when I was a kid it was Southern, TSU, Jackson State and Grambling. I will admit that as an adult I have not seen as many bands although I liked what Grambling's brought a few years during the '90s in Dallas. (I have not seen JSU's in person in years.) From my adult years I will add Southern's as well.

Back