Opportunity as a Java Developer, Located in Baltimore, MD

buckwheat

The opening requires Java Developer in addition to the above skills. It is located in Baltimore, MD.

I. Requirement for Candidate

1. Mid-level Java Developer with 5 yrs. experience (we may be able to waive actual years depending on candidate’s skillset and level)
2. Candidate must have excellent knowledge of Java/J-unit, familiarity with Bamboo CI, and shell scripting. Experience with Linux is also important.
Scope of Work
We have an Automated Test Framework (ATF) that controls and tests some of our software systems. The ATF is out of date with some of our systems and needs to be updated such that it can effectively control and test these systems. The work scope is:

1. Develop/modify scripts to launch and control our Automated Test Framework (ATF) and execute automated tests. Key skills include
a. Strong Bash/shell scripting skills
b. Excellent knowledge of Core Java/J-unit
c. Familiarity with SSH and core Linux commands
d. Ability to use and control the API interface into SVN/Git

2. The ATF tests of our systems by setting up various configurations and input files prior to test execution to baseline the systems before the tests start. Some of these input files/Config files are out of date and need to be updated to be consistent with the current versions of our systems.
a. Excellent knowledge of core java and J-unit
b. Ability to understand complex Java code to identify elements of the ATF that must be updated.

3. The ATF auto-deploys the software systems using our Bamboo integration server. These scripts must be updated to deploy and run the test systems which are part of the ATF.
a. Strong Bash/shell scripting skills
b. Excellent knowledge of Core Java/J-unit
c. Ability to understand our complex software systems
d. Ability to understand/configure our Bamboo CI server

4. Additional features have been added to our software systems since the ATF was last updated. There are many new scenarios that must be coded to run within the ATF.
a. Excellent knowledge of Core Java/J-unit
b. Ability to understand our complex software systems
c. Ability to encode automated test cases specified via high level written specifications

If you are qualified, available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please call me ASAP at (201) 204-1696 even if we have spoken recently about a different position. If you do respond via e-mail please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you. In considering candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond ASAP.

Sincerely yours,
Savio Michael
Note: Please allow me to reiterate that I chose to contact you either because your resume had been posted to one of the internet job sites to which we subscribe, or you had previously submitted your resume to Princeton Information. I assumed that you are either looking for a new employment opportunity, or you are interested in investigating the current job market.

If you are not currently seeking employment, or if you would prefer I contact you at some later date, please indicate your date of availability so that I may honor your request. In any event, I respectfully recommend you continue to avail yourself to the employment options and job market information we provide with our e-mail notices.
Thanks again.
Savio
Princeton Information
8260 Greensboro Drive
Suite 400
McLean, VA 22102
P: 201-204-1696
F: 732-453-0039

Back