Olde Hornet; Different Info on Auburn Stats

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
Auburn may have the highest number of blacks enrolled of any PWC in Alabama, but in terms of percentages, Auburn has the LEAST number of blacks enrolled second only to Samford University. See the following sight, go to the pulldown and select highest/lowest % black:

http://cnsearch.collegenet.com/cgi-bin/CN/yr4search?schooltype=6&State=AL

Auburn has always had the least number of blacks on their campus as I remember from the 80s. Alabama (other than now looking at UAB) seemed to have the most from shear appearance.

The University of Alabama has always had more black students than Auburn. That was true even back in the 70's when I was at Bama.

Precisely.

Being at Tuskegee, I used to go to Auburn to eat out, go to a Walmart, use their library from time to time,, etc. I saw nary a black on the campus anywhere. Obviously today it's not quite that bad; just last weekend I rode through there and saw a pick-up truck with these black guys hugged up wit some pinktoes and the cab full of white guys. I was like, "?! huuh?!:eek:

But in the 80s when I used to go visit one of my boys at UA, the presents of black students and some symblance of a life on college for blacks was way more evident.

In fact, a stat back in the 80s reported Ole Miss had the highest percentage of black students and Alabama had the second highest; yes the same Ole Miss that bitterly resisted integration in the 60s and had a mini-civil war on their campus with against federal marshals. yes the same Alabama where Wallace stood in the door and made his infamous speech. Pretty ironic.

I thought it was the largest number for a PWC in their freshman class. Thanks for the updated information.

Back