Old school footage...do you know the year.

MACHIAVELLI

Chairman/C.E.O.
I recently came across of vintage footage. I am trying to find out the yearsof these performances if I can.

PV folks....
**What year was it that Terry Ellis sang "if this world were mine" at halftime of the SFC that aired on B.E.T.?

jackson folks.
**What year did the twiler come out in a blue jump suit and wavey dave ride a unicycle at halftime.

**B.E.T. did a hour special on black college bands.

If P.V. had a small band,...it was 1985.

They've done it recently in the 90's but what year is uncertain to me at this time.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
I recently came across of vintage footage. I am trying to find out the yearsof these performances if I can.

jackson folks.
**What year did the twiler come out in a blue jump suit and wavey dave ride a unicycle at halftime.

I'own know Mach.. I'd have to see what you've got..... Wavy Dave used to ride the unicycle all the time, before he had surgery. I don't think he's rode the bike since :smh:

Originally posted by Legend35
If P.V. had a small band,...it was 1985.

They've done it recently in the 90's but what year is uncertain to me at this time.

We did it last year at the Cotton Bowl, but he must be talking about the 85. I was uncertain as to the year, but I knew it had to be somewhere in that 85-88 range just because he said it was Terri Ellis.

*returns to searching for footage because I KNOW I got it somewhere*

Re: Re: Old school footage...do you know the year.

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90
I'own know Mach.. I'd have to see what you've got..... Wavy Dave used to ride the unicycle all the time, before he had surgery. I don't think he's rode the bike since :smh:

It was back when he had a different tiger mascot uniform. I believe it was in the early to mid 80's.

jackson folks.

What year did the twirler come out in a blue jump suit? 1988 vs. FAMU in Indianapolis (Circle City Classic)
wavey dave ride a unicycle at halftime? 1987 vs. Tenn. State in Memphis

1992- my crab year; I have that on tape. :D

Davis (AlSU), Foster (FAMU), and Greggs (SU) were interviewed on that special. I remembered BET came and filmed our practice for the special, but my azz wasn't there that day cause I was sick!! :bawling: :bawling:

PV folks....
**What year was it that Terry Ellis sang "if this world were mine" at halftime of the SFC that aired on B.E.T.?

jackson folks.

Fall 1985. Same night Eddie set that first record. :(

Back