Okay!!! Someone from Alcorn come in here and explain this.........

That was gang fight 1 of 2. The other fight was outside in the parking lot by the dorms. Pretty much looked the same, just not in the cafeteria.
Based off comments, its football players fighting some Memphis kids. The one outside was supposed to be football vs other freshman athletes (track?)
That was very hard to watch. So embarrassing. (But those cow & rooster sound effects.... lol had me laughing real hard).

ITs spring time. It's hot out yonder. You know when it get hot.... folks go to clowning.

That was gang fight 1 of 2. The other fight was outside in the parking lot by the dorms. Pretty much looked the same, just not in the cafeteria.
Based off comments, its football players fighting some Memphis kids. The one outside was supposed to be football vs other freshman athletes (track?)
That was very hard to watch. So embarrassing. (But those cow & rooster sound effects.... lol had me laughing real hard).

ITs spring time. It's hot out yonder. You know when it get hot.... folks go to clowning.

Yeah man, that wideout from Alcorn was trying to wash car with buddy.

WTH! Just saw the video when I went to check the latest headlines in the Clarion-Ledger

A video is circulating that allegedly shows a fight on the Alcorn State University.

The fight appears to start in a dining facility and then continues outside. The videos are being shared on social media.

Alcorn released a statement to WLBT that stated, "Alcorn University is aware of the incident that took place on campus last night. Campus police are currently investigating. Anyone in violation of campus code of conduct will face disciplinary action."

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2017/04/12/alcorn-state-fight-video/100379024/

Nothing to see here. Just getting close to the end of the school and some old fines and debts had to be paid. It happens every year here and there. There just happened to be a camera present for both of these "debt" collections.

Nothing to see here. Just getting close to the end of the school and some old fines and debts had to be paid. It happens every year here and there. There just happened to be a camera present for both of these "debt" collections.
Dude, please. This is a TOTAL embarrassment for that school. You're so quick to criticize other schools for their shortcomings, but you conveniently come up with an excuse for such extreme violence on a college campus.....not once but twice.

Dude, please. This is a TOTAL embarrassment for that school. You're so quick to criticize other schools for their shortcomings, but you conveniently come up with an excuse for such extreme violence on a college campus.....not once but twice.

Dude, you really gonna sit and act like there was never any fights in your years of college? Really? None? Really?

First I don't condone it one bit. It's really sad to see. The size and place of it was beyond sad. But had it not been recorded, like these kids do with everything today, it would have been just another fight we heard about.

Fights are gonna happen on campus regardless of what you WANT to believe but this did get out of hand and some of the kids need to be disiplined.

And as far as extreme, in the years of me seeing a group of people getting into somebody's ass, one or more chairs would have been broken on someone. Extreme this was not. Ignorant.....yes.

Blah, blah, blah. This makes as much sense as that cow moan in the video background.
Keep fooling yourself into thinking that these were mere "fights". There's a reason it's gone viral around the country.

If their football would have fought this hard during football season maybe their outcome would have been different.

CLAIBORNE COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) — Eleven Alcorn State University football players were taken into custody in connection with a fight that broke out in the school cafeteria last week.

Claiborne County Sheriff Frank Davis said more than 21 affidavits had been filed in connection with the incident. Out of those affidavits, 11 students had been arrested.

The charges range from simple assault to malicious mischief.

Sheriff Davis said school officials have been cooperating with the investigation. He said the football coach told the students to meet him and that’s when the 11 players were taken into custody.

The fight broke out in the cafeteria last Monday and was caught on video. The video, which made rounds on social media, shows dozens of students throwing punches.

Sheriff Davis said the warrants were signed by a judge Wednesday morning. More arrests are expected.

11 Alcorn State University football players arrested in connection with fight

CLAIBORNE COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) — Eleven Alcorn State University football players were taken into custody in connection with a fight that broke out in the school cafeteria last week.

Claiborne County Sheriff Frank Davis said more than 21 affidavits had been filed in connection with the incident. Out of those affidavits, 11 students had been arrested.

The charges range from simple assault to malicious mischief.

Sheriff Davis said school officials have been cooperating with the investigation. He said the football coach told the students to meet him and that’s when the 11 players were taken into custody.

The fight broke out in the cafeteria last Monday and was caught on video. The video, which made rounds on social media, shows dozens of students throwing punches.

Sheriff Davis said the warrants were signed by a judge Wednesday morning. More arrests are expected.

11 Alcorn State University football players arrested in connection with fight
Well goodolebrave, your local sheriff and judge didn't think it was a mere fight. At least somebody around Lorman has some sense about them.

Well goodolebrave, your local sheriff and judge didn't think it was a mere fight. At least somebody around Lorman has some sense about them.

Dude please. Had it not been recorded nothing would have happened. The school Pres. called this in to Sheriff Davis so he could show the media they are handling the situation. The fight was LAST Tuesday. If they REALLY wanted the Sheriff to pick up someone it would have been last week. But they had their meeting to see what would look best in the eyes of the media for the school. This is a PR move and I applaud it.

As I said before it was pure ignorance.

Dude please. Had it not been recorded nothing would have happened. The school Pres. called this in to Sheriff Davis so he could show the media they are handling the situation. The fight was LAST Tuesday. If they REALLY wanted the Sheriff to pick up someone it would have been last week. But they had their meeting to see what would look best in the eyes of the media for the school. This is a PR move and I applaud it.

As I said before it was pure ignorance.
Dude, they didn't come out with it until it went viral. LOL!!! They were then FORCED to do something for PR purposes.
If it was left up to Alcorn officials, seems like they would've tried to keep it hush, hush but since Alcorn's caught up with technology down there, they couldn't..

Back