Ok I'll Admit it....I'm worried

Brave

Da Better U get, Da Better we get & That's IT
The reason I'm worried is because everytime we have had a chance to be greater than .500 for the year...we have lost & last week's win against Valley doesn't make it any better. Maybe my expectations for our team is too high but we were kicking Valley's arse in the first half 21-0...good right. We scored a total of 35 points...also good right, but in the second half our defense was none existant....we gave up 28 points in one half to the lowly Valley....Valley. Now I did see some talent in Valley's squad but it wasn't grounds for giving up 28 points in the second half.

Now don't get me wrong....its not like the defense wasn't stopping Valley...its just how they started playing as if they wanted to lose the game. Valley probably had about 4-5 3rd or 4th down & long conversions in that second half off of Alcorn mistakes. I was about to explode...If we would have handled them like we did in the 1st half the whole game...I would have some confidence but that just didn't happen. They started giving up long bombs & everthing. I want to charge it to the reason of " they just got relax" but I don't think a GOOD Team should get relaxed...you should handle Valley & put them away at the end but our defense or offense couldn't do it.

I'm not too worried about A&M cause that display of pee wee football I saw at the MCC I was embarrassed just to even be involved in swac football. Yall made us look real bad. Yall have to be the worse team this year, even with Valley being 0-8 & yall having some wins Valley's team didn't look that bad. But hey you never know what may happen so I'll wait before I dog the bulldogs too bad.

I'd be worried too if my team lets d-2 schools punk them

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Brave

I'm not too worried about A&M cause that display of pee wee football I saw at the MCC I was embarrassed just to even be involved in swac football. Yall made us look real bad. Yall have to be the worse team this year, even with Valley being 0-8 & yall having some wins Valley's team didn't look that bad.

You make it sound like EMBARRASSEMENT IS SOMETHING NEW TO THE BRAVES! :rolleyes:

It is so comforting to know that Alcorn has been the epitome of SWAC football and that it has represented so well out of conference!:emlaugh:

You never know what to expect from the Dawgs.

We are shocked at what happened this year. What we have in place is the first phase of a program. We don't intend to lose this phase of building a 1AA team. The on the field of play did not pan out. Watching other team play makes one wonder why we don't use similar type plays. We know what is missing and I don't think the coach is willing to change his attitude to turn things around. If one does not grow with the program then they must be replaced.

Any Coach will tell you they don't care what the fans think. Dr. Thomas said it in the Huntsville Times yesterday referring to his 0-11 season. I have learned to accept their position.

No smack, just an honest evaluation.

As someone on the outside looking in, it appears to me that A&M's team peaked on October 6th . . . at Southern. From what I understand, A&M played a helluva game down there and almost upset Southern on their homecoming. But since then they have stumbled, losing homecoming to MoBrown, barely escaping Miles at home, and I won't even mention the Magic City Classic.

I point that out only to say that if A&M can get back to the level of play that they exhibited against Southern, they would have no problem beating Alcorn, as well as Pine Bluff and Valley. Whether or not they can or will get back to that level of play remains to be seen. If their team hasn't quit on Cooper, and they get some of their injured players back, they could make some noise over the next three weeks.

Since Bama State slammed the door on their "Back Door Tour", A&M should now go to work on the "Salvage the Season Tour". First stop - Lorman, MS.

Re: Re: Ok I'll Admit it....I'm worried

Originally posted by Attack Dog

You make it sound like EMBARRASSEMENT IS SOMETHING NEW TO THE BRAVES! :rolleyes:

It is so comforting to know that Alcorn has been the epitome of SWAC football and that it has represented so well out of conference!:emlaugh:

U hypocrit, did you forget MoBrown?:emlaugh:

Back